Page 52 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 108  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:11 pm

^ That makes sense because only those overpaid college diversity councilman would be stupid enough to think other people think all legal immigrants are white. There are many non-white people who legally immigrate to the US every year.

Those lefties want to make college cheaper? Fine. How about make college cheaper by eliminating the $200,000 per year per member diversity council?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:29 pm

Camille Paglia weighs in
A 'Fractious' Feminist Decries the Ruthless Thought Police Stifling Free Speech on Campus

Quote:
In 1991, New York Newsday published my op-ed on date rape, which remains the most controversial thing I have ever written. In it, I argued that women today (then as now) were misusing the freedom that my generation had fought for, and won, by not accepting personal risk. I wrote at the time that young feminists are deluded: they come from a protected, white middle-class world and expect everything to be safe. Women infantilize themselves when they cede responsibility for sexual encounters to men or to after-the-fact grievance committees, parental proxies unworthy of true feminists. My baby-boom generation demanded and won an end to such parietal rules, and it is tragic indeed how so many of today's young women seem to long for a return of those hovering paternalistic safeguards.

The freedom to hate must be as protected as the freedom to love. It is only when hate crosses over into action that the law may properly intervene. How is it possible that today's academic left has supported rather than protested campus speech codes as well as the grotesque surveillance and over-regulation of student life? American colleges have abandoned their educational mission and become government colonies, ruled by officious bureaucrats enforcing federal dictates. This despotic imperialism has no place in a modern democracy.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

autistlivesmatter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

Why on earth would autists support a political ideology (Trump Republicanism/conservativism) that wants to eliminate the social safety net for autistic people? Something like 80% of autistic people are unemployed ffs. And many of them lack full-time employment or have poorly paid jobs.

Is autistic support for the right or the alt-right have anything to do with autistic people lacking "theory of mind"?

I have an actual diagnosis for PDD since childhood. And I've always been a liberal/Democrat primarily because I know that an oppressed minority (autist) such as myself would be a sitting duck in a conservative society. I've always had a strong sense of self-preservation. Something that the NEETs on /pol/, /r9k/ and presumably wrongplanet lack.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:13 am

autistlivesmatter wrote:
Why on earth would autists support a political ideology (Trump Republicanism/conservativism) that wants to eliminate the social safety net for autistic people? Something like 80% of autistic people are unemployed ffs. And many of them lack full-time employment or have poorly paid jobs.

Is autistic support for the right or the alt-right have anything to do with autistic people lacking "theory of mind"?

I have an actual diagnosis for PDD since childhood. And I've always been a liberal/Democrat primarily because I know that an oppressed minority (autist) such as myself would be a sitting duck in a conservative society. I've always had a strong sense of self-preservation. Something that the NEETs on /pol/, /r9k/ and presumably wrongplanet lack.

Being against SJWs does not necessarily make one right or alt right. Myself for example, I am a liberal, but think the modern Democratic Party should be changed.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 11:04 am

autistlivesmatter wrote:

The alt right is a reaction to and in some ways an alter ego to SJW's in that they are trollish brats.

Since this is a SJW thread, why would Autistics support the anti free speech movement, a world view where there are certain truths and all others must be stamped out? Why would autistics support a movement defined by bullying and the peternalism and infantilization that Carmille Puglia spoke of in my prevoius post? Have not we been bullied and infintilized enough? It is a spectrum I would guess.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:49 pm

So are SJWs likely to help ASD people or will they vilify ASD people as being misogynist?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:55 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
So are SJWs likely to help ASD people or will they vilify ASD people as being misogynist?

If they turn their attention to us I do not think it would be good. They are into their own truths and everything else needs to be humiliated and silenced. I think they would not take kindly to the spectrum and a "different" ways of thinking.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:05 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

If they turn their attention to us I do not think it would be good. They are into their own truths and everything else needs to be humiliated and silenced. I think they would not take kindly to the spectrum and a "different" ways of thinking.

Yeah. I guess a herd of conformists wouldn't be open to helping people who think differently.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:07 pm

Here's a new short video about SJW's at Yale University. I could only bear to watch the first half, the behavior of the students was so repulsive.

These people are some of the most privileged young people in the history of Planet Earth. Yale tuition is something like $50,000/year, they live in dorms that are like royal palaces, they have gourmet food in every dining room, they have libraries and art collections that are like the dreams of medieval kings. And they can hardly stand to live because they are suffering so much oppression.

There Are Four Lights!

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:07 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Yeah. I guess a herd of conformists wouldn't be open to helping people who think differently.

But their all about justice and helping the vulnerable.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:10 pm

Darmok wrote:
Here's a new short video about SJW's at Yale University. I could only bear to watch the first half, the behavior of the students was so repulsive.

These people are some of the most privileged young people in the history of Planet Earth. Yale tuition is something like $50,000/year, they live in dorms that are like royal palaces, they have gourmet food in every dining room, they have libraries and art collections that are like the dreams of medieval kings. And they can hardly stand to live because they are suffering so much oppression.

The rich always claim to be oppressed. It's like those Wall Street billionaires who claim to be oppressed by regulations and taxes.

Yes Yale is a nice university but those privileged few who enjoy it are the ones destroying it.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm

As much as I dislike SJWs I also dislike anti-SJWs who imply all Muslims are terrorists.

That would be like saying all Catholics are terrorists becuase the IRA were Catholic.

I can't stand it when these anti-SJWs think we need different laws to deal with Muslims when under the commonlaw, terrorism and killing people are already illegal.

These anti-SJWs are ignoring the majority of Muslim immigrants who comply with the law of the land.

Immagine if a million westerners immigranted to China and then one of them murdered a guy. Would it be fair to characterise the whole group as murderers? Or would there be a small percentage of criminals in any large group?

Even those rape attacks that happened in Cologne were not part of mainstream Muslim culture, they stemmed from a small fratboy subculture. This subculture made up a very small portion of the overall Muslim culture. Anti-SJWs love bringing the Cologne attacks over and over again but they always make it sound like Islam as a whole condones rape gangs (hint, it doesn't).

A lot of the time the anti-SJW fear mongering is just as bad as the SJW fear mongering. Both groups love to spout hysterical hyperbole.

Anyway, my point regarding SJWs and anti-SJWs is the enemy of my enemy is not always my friend.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 9:19 am

The Simpsons features SJWs at Yale:

There Are Four Lights!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 10:32 am

Pffff, ha ha ha!

Nice to see something mainstream go against the SJWs instead of with them.

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2017, 1:18 pm

as a radical leftist i denounce sjw's.

“Men passionately desire to live after death, but they often pass away without noticing the fact that the memory of a really good person always lives. It is impressed upon the next generation, and is transmitted again to the children. Is that not an immortality worth striving for? ”
― Pyotr Kropotkin, Memoirs of a Revolutionist

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2017, 9:14 am

Darmok wrote:
The Simpsons features SJWs at Yale:

More fun with The Simpsons: