Page 71 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 108  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:01 pm

psycopathicteen wrote:
It doesn't help the fact that there are a lot of women on here that act exactly like the type of women Aaendi complained about. Women who would always respond to everything he says with an accusation that he's just trying to get laid.

Yes, those women are judgemental and sucky.

But it doesn't excuse going around accusing the majority of rape victims of being "liars," or that any woman who wears revealing clothing is tempting men to rape them.

That's both stupid and toxic.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2018, 2:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Ironically, people criticize SJWs for their, "everyone is a victim," mentality, but are quick to adopt the mantle of victimhood themselves.

This is aligned with something I've mentioned before. Essentially they're trying to hijack the way things are framed so that only their concerns are valid, they're very strict about enforcing the same political correctness that they're critical of, no one may reject or question those standards.

^ This.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

psycopathicteen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
psycopathicteen wrote:
It doesn't help the fact that there are a lot of women on here that act exactly like the type of women Aaendi complained about. Women who would always respond to everything he says with an accusation that he's just trying to get laid.

Yes, those women are judgemental and sucky.

But it doesn't excuse going around accusing the majority of rape victims of being "liars," or that any woman who wears revealing clothing is tempting men to rape them.

That's both stupid and toxic.

Have you ever been to a college in the last decade? It's a total witch hunt. Colleges put fear into women's head that there are a rapist around every corner, so they must accuse any person they think is a rapist. It's the same problem with airport security mistaking Muslims for terrorists.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 2:53 am

let's give it another shot.

please, no more of what got it locked earlier.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 3:07 am

The problem is that SJWs and anti-SJWs are always at each other's throats. They both believe that the other side is stupid and/or evil. They both make exaggerations about each other. They both strawman each other up the wazoo.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 3:10 am

^ typical identity politics, the root of most current evils IMO. :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 3:17 am

Funny how the right claims identity politics is exclusively about the left. Both sides use identity politics extensively.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:03 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The problem is that SJWs and anti-SJWs are always at each other's throats. They both believe that the other side is stupid and/or evil. They both make exaggerations about each other. They both strawman each other up the wazoo.

That's not true. Talking about the hatred and fear mongering, the "mainstream" SJWs nowadays are at the same level as right-wing extremists.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:03 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:

Thought police in action...

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:04 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:

Thought police in action...

It was at my request that Kiprobalhato unlocked the thread. Please don't get it locked again. Perhaps you could take this either to the admin board or PMs?

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:17 pm

Drake wrote:
Perhaps you could take this either to the admin board or PMs?

How do I do that?

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:38 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Drake wrote:
Perhaps you could take this either to the admin board or PMs?

How do I do that?

This is where people talk about things to do with the site itself, which includes moderation:

viewforum.php?f=13

I presume you know how to pm someone?

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 5:39 pm

Drake wrote:
I presume you know how to pm someone?

Have already done that. No answer at all.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 6:00 pm

Portland State University Panel Discussion: ‘Is Intersectionality A Religion?’

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/04/ ... -religion/

Dr. Lindsay: “They tend to focus on moral purity for the in-group. They tend to demonize the out-group. They especially demonize heretics or blasphemers or anyone who goes too far outside that dogmatic structure of belief and threatens it. Those people are often excommunicated.

Helen Pluckrose: “People associate with God all that is good so when atheists say they don’t believe in God they are very often understood to say ‘I don’t believe in good.’…This is also very commonly seen in social-justice movements where to say ‘I don’t like this approach to equality’ is not to say ‘Well, I prefer a universal liberal’ or ‘I am a conservative with a libertarian bent who wants everybody to have the same opportunities,’ it’s essentially to say ‘I am a Nazi.'”

Dr. Boghossian: “In religion, they have original sin, in Christianity, I’m thinking the Abrahamic tradition…What does intersectionality have?

Pluckrose: “Privilege.”

There Are Four Lights!

AuldWolf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2018, 6:32 pm

Hm. It's interesting to see the left conflated with the right in this manner. The problem with the extreme right is that they revel in trickery and manipulation; There are plenty of logs and documentation about how they like to set groups upon one another in order to create discord. Often using Discord to organise it, which is... Anyway, point is is that they do that.

They try to sound reasonable. As someone who often reads extreme right sites to stay involved, they have a whole mantra about 'hiding your power level;' Which is a ridiculous way of saying that they should gaslight by pushing dangerous, supremacist ideas whilst at the same time practising an utter denial of their own supremacy.

I do wonder sometimes just how entrenched predatory sociopaths are in the extreme right if one considers their behaviours. There is a lot of grooming and conditioning happening which fits the expected patterns for a predatory sociopath presence.

Extreme right groups like the Alt-Right will do anything to have one believe just about anything as that's how they get their jollies. They want to try to drive people insane; It's one of their primary tactics. Gaslighting is just the very tip of the iceberg. So this conflating of the left and right, claiming that the two are both equal in their misdemeanours is a part of that.

What I will offer is that the left isn't staffed with murderers. I've actually read a number of meta-studies lately (which I would invite you to research upon, using Google, as I don't want to feed you links to potentially unreviewed academic studies myself as those would be filtered through my own biases) which reveal just how much violent crime is linked with the extreme right.

It goes way beyond Charlottesville.

It goes as far down as you can imagine. Even the chlorine gas attack on a furry convention was revealed to be the work of a group calling themselves Alt-Furry; Specifically the furry raiders lead by a lovely fellow who calls himself 'Foxler.' I couldn't make this up.

I suppose with furries being such a tolerant group, they'd attract a notable level of intolerance as a reaction.

Here are a few journalistic links, just to make a point:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... sts-415672

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/an-a ... rotesters/

https://www.splcenter.org/20180205/alt- ... ing-people

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/09/surge- ... our-years/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... o-suicide/

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/1 ... f-the-left

And a helpful video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx4BVGPkdzk

As it stands, I take anything I hear from any extreme right sources with a very large pinch of salt. Honestly, SJW people can be extreme, but it's more an absurdity rather than something which will get you killed.

I know whom I'd rather be around.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 157 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 38 of 200

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 6:27 pm

MIT librarian: Tech workplaces plastered with Star Trek posters, other geeky stuff is non-inclusive to women

The top librarian at MIT recently argued that to make tech workplaces more inclusive and welcoming to women, ditch “Star Trek” posters and other geeky stuff cluttering office walls.

“There is research that shows that workplaces that are plastered with stereotypically ‘tech or nerd guy’ cultural images – think Star Trek – have negative impact on women’s likelihood of pursuing tech work and of staying in tech work in general or in that particular work environment,” said Chris Bourg, director of libraries at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

“Replace the Star Trek posters with travel posters, don’t name your projects or your printers or your domains after only male figures from Greek mythology, and just generally avoid geek references and inside nerd jokes,” Bourg added. “Those kinds of things reinforce the stereotypes about who does tech; and that stereotype is the male nerd stereotype.”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/42382/

There Are Four Lights!