Page 55 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 108  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:04 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Cultural appropriation has been making new culture for thousands of years.

When SJWs refuse to use something because it was made by Mexicans or black people, it almost sounds like they're being racist. Are SJWs racist?

They are often racist,sexist or just plain bigoted. When they assume because you are born white you are privilged they are racist, when they state your opinion is automatically invalid because of your race(they have no problems about thier opinions bieng the only truth) they are bieng racist. When they assume because of how you were born you need extreme levels of protection they are bieng bigoted.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:34 pm

L_Holmes wrote:
There's nothing in the system that prevents black people from going to better schools or moving to better neighborhoods. Therefore, the reason for the disparities must be something other than systemic racism.

I'd say that it's mostly due to bad traditions and habits.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:43 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
When they assume because you are born white you are privilged

Well, I'm a white male and I was born and spent a huge chunk of my life in a s**thole country. I lived in worse poverty than these dawdlers can even imagine. And now these "oh-I'm-so-oppressed" people are calling me a privileged fat cat only because I'm white and male.
To the hell this damned insane world.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:55 pm

If you ignore them they start eating themselves.

They don't like logic, none of their arguments make any sense once examined and discussed.

Hence the 'SAFE SPACE', which is really just a toddlers playpen where they can scream.

95% of them are just following and repeating a few very loud idiots.

Like those neo-nazi types these days, angry young men screaming into social media led by utter idiots.

Critical thinking and research cure both these problems, not the leaders though, they just want to scream and get attention, but those that follow and repeat their nonsense.

TV was invented by a white heterosexual male, if you are not a white heterosexual male then stop using all forms of TV.

/tips sombrero

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:48 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
If you ignore them they start eating themselves.

I don't think so. Ignore bigots and thus give them freedom to do whatever they want, and they become even more bigoted and aggressive.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 4:30 pm

White women's burrito shop [in Oregon] is forced to close after being hounded with accusations it was 'culturally appropriating Mexican food and jobs'

Two white women have been forced to close their pop-up burrito shop after they were accused of cultural appropriation.

Kali Wilgus and Liz 'LC' Connelly opened Kooks Burritos in Portland, Oregon, after taking a trip to Puerto Nuevo, Mexico, last December.

For the first few months, the weekend pop-up shop housed in a taco truck was a smash hit. It gained so much popularity, a local weekly newspaper decided to profile the entrepreneurial duo.

But that's when the trouble started for Wilgus and Connelly, after quotes they gave to the Williamette Week led to them being accused of stealing their success.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lture.html

There Are Four Lights!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 5:23 pm

I wonder what would have happened if they added a "Cultural Appropriation Burrito" to their menu. :twisted:

Where has the "force" come from though? All I see is a few tweets from regressives. They may well have been threatened to take such drastic action though.

This would have been different possibly if they'd gone into competition against the people they got the recipies from, but come on, their product would have been no threat to the people who'd been doing it all their lives. Presumably where they opened up there was a gap in the market. And now people have been deprived of something they liked.

As an aside I saw the most SJW-looking person I've seen irl today. She was fat, fairly ugly, had tattooed arms and green and blue hair. She had on a black Star Wars T-Shirt and black jeans. Doesn't mean she was one of course.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 6:05 pm

Drake wrote:
Where has the "force" come from though? ...
She had on a black Star Wars T-Shirt ...

Open your eyes people!! !

:mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 8:00 pm

Such outrageous cultural appropriation! It burns! :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 8:05 am

Libraries to Extend Loan Periods, Eliminate Standard Late Fees - Harvard Crimson

Quote:
Harvard libraries will no longer charge 50 cent per day fees on overdue books.

The change, one of several detailed in a post on the Harvard Library system’s website, went into effect on April 1. Though standard fees have been eliminated, fees for overdue recalled material have been raised from two dollars a day to three dollars a day, with a 45 dollar maximum.

“The goals of these changes are to improve the student experience and embrace a ‘One Harvard’ approach for borrowing material across Harvard Library,” wrote Steven Beardsley, Harvard's associate director for access services administrative operations and special projects, in an email.

We have witnessed firsthand the stress that overdue fines can cause for students,” Beardsley continued. “Eliminating standard overdue fines and standardizing loan periods across Harvard’s libraries should help students focus on their scholarship, rather than worrying about renewing library books every 28 days in order to avoid fines.”

When these Harvard Grads become CEO's there is going to be a lot more stress and consequences involved if their company misses a payment to the bank or if they miss their $10,000 monthly rent in thier apartment then the now eliminated 50 cent day late book fee.

The students ought to stress the Harvard Administration by suing them for dereliction of duty.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 9:22 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Libraries to Extend Loan Periods, Eliminate Standard Late Fees - Harvard Crimson

Quote:
Harvard libraries will no longer charge 50 cent per day fees on overdue books.

The change, one of several detailed in a post on the Harvard Library system’s website, went into effect on April 1. Though standard fees have been eliminated, fees for overdue recalled material have been raised from two dollars a day to three dollars a day, with a 45 dollar maximum.

“The goals of these changes are to improve the student experience and embrace a ‘One Harvard’ approach for borrowing material across Harvard Library,” wrote Steven Beardsley, Harvard's associate director for access services administrative operations and special projects, in an email.

We have witnessed firsthand the stress that overdue fines can cause for students,” Beardsley continued. “Eliminating standard overdue fines and standardizing loan periods across Harvard’s libraries should help students focus on their scholarship, rather than worrying about renewing library books every 28 days in order to avoid fines.”

When these Harvard Grads become CEO's there is going to be a lot more stress and consequences involved if their company misses a payment to the bank or if they miss their $10,000 monthly rent in thier apartment then the now eliminated 50 cent day late book fee.

The students ought to stress the Harvard Administration by suing them for dereliction of duty.

This actually seems like a good improved policy to me. It doesn't matter if you're holding on to the book over the return date if no one wants to read it. But if someone does, then you'd better get that book back to the library immediately, or every day you hold on to it will cost you six times what a day over would cost you normally. This seems much better to me at making sure books are in the hands of those who need them.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 6:39 pm

Darmok wrote:
White women's burrito shop [in Oregon] is forced to close after being hounded with accusations it was 'culturally appropriating Mexican food and jobs'

Two white women have been forced to close their pop-up burrito shop after they were accused of cultural appropriation.

Kali Wilgus and Liz 'LC' Connelly opened Kooks Burritos in Portland, Oregon, after taking a trip to Puerto Nuevo, Mexico, last December.

For the first few months, the weekend pop-up shop housed in a taco truck was a smash hit. It gained so much popularity, a local weekly newspaper decided to profile the entrepreneurial duo.

But that's when the trouble started for Wilgus and Connelly, after quotes they gave to the Williamette Week led to them being accused of stealing their success.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lture.html

I would love to eat something "problematic".

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 10:07 pm

XenoMind wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
When they assume because you are born white you are privilged

Well, I'm a white male and I was born and spent a huge chunk of my life in a s**thole country. I lived in worse poverty than these dawdlers can even imagine. And now these "oh-I'm-so-oppressed" people are calling me a privileged fat cat only because I'm white and male.
To the hell this damned insane world.

You've actually touched on an extremely important issue.

The modern left has abandoned the concept of class antagonism due to corporate manipulation. Thus, many working class white males feel abandoned.

I don't think that feminism and civil rights are bad things. I just think that we need to keep an eye on class conflict too.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:42 am

SJW idea is not just a campus phenomenon anymore. It is becoming mainstream cooperate America.

‘You are not going to let that word hurt you’: Procter & Gamble ad taking on racism is met with praise — and outrage

Quote:
A new ad to be released next week by one of America’s biggest household products companies has drawn outrage — and praise — for addressing racial bias.

“The Talk,” a two-minute video by Procter & Gamble, depicts black mothers of different generations, talking to their children about racism.

“It’s an ugly, nasty word, and you are going to hear it, nothing I can do about that,” a mother tells her young son in an apparent reference to a racial slur. “But you are not going to let that word hurt you, you hear me?”

“Now, when you get pulled over …” another mother tells her teenage daughter.

“Ma, I’m a good driver don’t worry, okay?” the daughter answers.

“Baby, this is not about you getting a ticket. This is about you not coming home.”

The new ad builds on the company’s 10-year-old “My Black is Beautiful” campaign, which has produced audio interviews about bias. The company, which makes a wide array of products from laundry detergent to tampons to cough drops, says the stories they tell are meant to reflect the real-world experiences of many of their customers. It has also produced videos about gender bias, such as the Always #LikeAGirl and Ariel #ShareTheLoad ads.

“The Talk,” which appeared online two weeks ago, sparked a heated public reaction on social media, with some commending the company for addressing a difficult topic, and others accusing it of race-baiting and vowing to stop buying their products.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 10:47 am

This is not a made up thing. The Talk is real, and needs to happen. That's the regrettable part.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 12:05 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
SJW idea is not just a campus phenomenon anymore. It is becoming mainstream cooperate America.

‘You are not going to let that word hurt you’: Procter & Gamble ad taking on racism is met with praise — and outrage

Quote:
A new ad to be released next week by one of America’s biggest household products companies has drawn outrage — and praise — for addressing racial bias.

“The Talk,” a two-minute video by Procter & Gamble, depicts black mothers of different generations, talking to their children about racism.

“It’s an ugly, nasty word, and you are going to hear it, nothing I can do about that,” a mother tells her young son in an apparent reference to a racial slur. “But you are not going to let that word hurt you, you hear me?”

“Now, when you get pulled over …” another mother tells her teenage daughter.

“Ma, I’m a good driver don’t worry, okay?” the daughter answers.

“Baby, this is not about you getting a ticket. This is about you not coming home.”

The new ad builds on the company’s 10-year-old “My Black is Beautiful” campaign, which has produced audio interviews about bias. The company, which makes a wide array of products from laundry detergent to tampons to cough drops, says the stories they tell are meant to reflect the real-world experiences of many of their customers. It has also produced videos about gender bias, such as the Always #LikeAGirl and Ariel #ShareTheLoad ads.

“The Talk,” which appeared online two weeks ago, sparked a heated public reaction on social media, with some commending the company for addressing a difficult topic, and others accusing it of race-baiting and vowing to stop buying their products.

I'm not sure this is a new development, Dove and other brands that sell toiletries and beauty products have been incorporating being socially conscious into their marketing for over a decade. Oh well, maybe this will just inspire the reactionaries who feel triggered to start their own brands - Aryan Pure facial cream - Because White Is Right is the perfect gift for the little Ann or Tomi on your Christmas list.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う