Page 53 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 108  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 12:30 pm

Drake wrote:
Darmok wrote:
The Simpsons features SJWs at Yale:

More fun with The Simpsons:

South Park

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 2:02 pm

When my "authority' figures are sjw's, fiscal conservatism, putting on a straw hat, and growing things to eat feels like a rebellion.

When sjw's are telescopic philanthropists and hold outs, being nice to people like me is considered rude.

I am a bad, bad person.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:09 pm

Ignotum wrote:
SJW's and their perception by the public has largely tainted the democratic party as of late and was definitely influential in the last presidential election.
They certainly were. SJWs drive people to vote Republican. It was a pretty close election (as usual) so if SJWs didn't drive just a few percent of people to vote Republican, Trump would have lost.

Don't like Trump as president? Blame the SJWs. They're the ones who drove people away from the once respectable Democrat party. I've seen videos of SJWs literally crying when Trump won the election. Ironically, it's their fault he won (of course they took zero responsibility (just like everything else in their lives)).

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:24 pm

Has anyone noticed how SJWs tend to wear these 1950s cateye style glasses?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:27 pm

Not all feminists are bad. Just some of them.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2017, 10:36 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Ha! Quite a good description of both indeed. I think however that I prefer to use the word egalitarian more than feminist nowadays just because of how much the word has been trampled over and misused as of late (lookin at you damn feminazis ruining a totally good thing!).

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 3:13 am

Finally and belatedly there seems to be a backlash developing against the anti free speech phenominon.
Elizabeth Warren and Prominent Professors Come Together to Defend Free Speech Is the tide turning in the battle to defend free speech from the forces that would shut down dissent?

Quote:
This past week we heard Senator Bernie Sanders and HBO talk show host Bill Maher, vigorously defend free speech for all (including conservatives). Now, we have a few more voices to add to that chorus, and they are important and influential voices.

First, liberal Massachusetts Senator, Elizabeth Warren, joined her ideological partner, Sanders in telling college students that banning conservative voices was not the way to win the debate.

“My view is, let her speak, and just don’t show up. If you don’t like it, don’t show up.” Warren told CNN’s viewers that “Ann Coulter has just gotten a much bigger platform because someone tried to deny her a chance to speak. My view is, let her speak, and just don’t show up. If you don’t like it, don’t show up."

No, it wasn’t a very forceful defense of free speech and not she didn’t actually argue that speech should be free no matter who is speaking or what is being said. Sure, her argument is more about shrinking the platform than it is about supporting the Constitution… but at least it wasn’t Howard Dean’s, “burn the witch” moment.

However, there are a couple of college professors who take freedom of speech very seriously and who also take education very seriously and they have joined together to demand reform on liberal campuses. They are respected Princeton conservative Robert George and the radical liberal from Harvard Cornel West. The two men are dear friends and have spent years debating and encouraging each other on the most important political, cultural, and noteworthy topics – all in an effort to teach their students about what real debate and education looks like.

The two men have now come together to encourage other professors from across the country and around the world to embrace freedom of speech and expression on their campuses.

They have crafted a joint statement/petition that they are asking college educators to sign and support, which states that college campuses are not meant to be places where ideas aren’t challenged. College’s should be “safe spaces” to learn and grown, not spaces where your preconceived notions and beliefs are “safe."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 4:18 am

Ignotum wrote:
Ha! Quite a good description of both indeed. I think however that I prefer to use the word egalitarian more than feminist nowadays just because of how much the word has been trampled over and misused as of late (lookin at you damn feminazis ruining a totally good thing!).
True. Feminazis ruined feminism, which was once a good thing. They went too far. My fear is that MRAs will go too far in the same way. I think MRA started out as a very good thing but some MRAs could turn into MRAnazis.

I don't want to see MRA make the same mistakes that feminists made. But that's what I'm starting to see.

For example.
Feminazis are fear mongers. So are some MRAs.
Feminazis have a victim complex. So do some MRAs.

Obese feminazis expect men to change their beauty standards so they're attracted to short obese women. Some MRAs want women to change their standards so they're attracted to short guys.

Feminazis are typically young women in their teens or twenties who have depression and low self-esteem because they haven't yet achieved very much in life. Instead of pulling their finger out and making something of themselves, they blame their lack of success on the opposite sex. They even think the opposite sex is conspiring against them. This is compounded when depressed feminazis go onto web communities where they give each other support (which is good) and reenforce their biases (which is bad).

Some MRAs are young men in their teens or twenties who have depression and low self-esteem because they haven't yet achieved very much in life. Instead of pulling their finger out and making something of themselves, they blame their lack of success on the opposite sex. They even think the opposite sex is conspiring against them. This is compounded when depressed MRAs go onto web communities where they give each other support (which is good) and reenforce their biases (which is bad).

On top this they also blame their lack of dating success on the opposite sex when previous generations of men put a lot more effort into finding a girlfriend.

I'm not condeming MRAs and I'm not condoning feminazis. I think MRA is something worth saving which is why I don't want to see MRAs make the same mistakes feminists did. I don't want MRA to become just as bad as feminism. I don't MRA to turn into a mirror image, gender reverse version of feminism.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2017, 9:41 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ignotum wrote:
True. Feminazis ruined feminism, which was once a good thing. They went too far. My fear is that MRAs will go too far in the same way. I think MRA started out as a very good thing but some MRAs could turn into MRAnazis.

I don't want to see MRA make the same mistakes that feminists made. But that's what I'm starting to see.

For example.
Feminazis are fear mongers. So are some MRAs.
Feminazis have a victim complex. So do some MRAs.

Obese feminazis expect men to change their beauty standards so they're attracted to short obese women. Some MRAs want women to change their standards so they're attracted to short guys.

Feminazis are typically young women in their teens or twenties who have depression and low self-esteem because they haven't yet achieved very much in life. Instead of pulling their finger out and making something of themselves, they blame their lack of success on the opposite sex. They even think the opposite sex is conspiring against them. This is compounded when depressed feminazis go onto web communities where they give each other support (which is good) and reenforce their biases (which is bad).

Some MRAs are young men in their teens or twenties who have depression and low self-esteem because they haven't yet achieved very much in life. Instead of pulling their finger out and making something of themselves, they blame their lack of success on the opposite sex. They even think the opposite sex is conspiring against them. This is compounded when depressed MRAs go onto web communities where they give each other support (which is good) and reenforce their biases (which is bad).

On top this they also blame their lack of dating success on the opposite sex when previous generations of men put a lot more effort into finding a girlfriend.

I'm not condeming MRAs and I'm not condoning feminazis. I think MRA is something worth saving which is why I don't want to see MRAs make the same mistakes feminists did. I don't want MRA to become just as bad as feminism. I don't MRA to turn into a mirror image, gender reverse version of feminism.

Well, I've personally always though the MRA movement was counter-intuitive to what it actually wanted to solve, which is identity politics. MRA's in my opinion can be just as cancerous as feminazis, just, as you mentioned, for the opposite reasons. Instead of ending identity politics by making rational decisions about someone regardless of their race/sex etc., they've just switched it around in the opposite direction which at the end of the day doesn't really solve the problem.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 6:35 pm

LOL, this is a professor:

There Are Four Lights!

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2017, 6:56 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

it's very obvious a feminist didn't write this haha

but it's a nice gesture anyways :)

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Apr 2017, 6:59 pm

Darmok wrote:
LOL, this is a professor:

Good Gosh! Don't you realize that stupidity is contagious. Stop it before it infects me!

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2017, 2:17 pm

Anita Snakeesian will soon bring an end to the Tropes vs Women in Video Games video series with one final video.

"It’s never been about video games," she says. "It’s always about social justice. It’s always been using feminism to talk about these things."

She may never have spoken more honest words. Good f*****g riddance. Unfortunately she's going to be doing a new show on current events. I'm sure so as not to fall into irrelevance as she did after Gamergate essentially accomplished its goals and rendered her largely irrelevant in the video game world. I loved seeing her just pretty much disappear out of the media and out of my recommended Youtube videos in regard to her video gaming related stuff because nobody cared about her anymore. I did some quick Google searches on her now and most of the stuff that comes up are from 2014 and 2015. Brings a smile to my face.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2017, 2:49 am

Concerns raised over students' unions' anti-Israel stance

Quote:
Devora Khafi, a student at Queen Mary University of London, is one of nearly 10,000 Jewish students in the UK.
She told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme she felt physically intimidated when other students hijacked a speech at London's UCL given by a former Israeli defence force officer.
She said she was pushed against some doors, jostled and shouted at by protesters.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 3:58 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Concerns raised over students' unions' anti-Israel stance

Quote:
Devora Khafi, a student at Queen Mary University of London, is one of nearly 10,000 Jewish students in the UK.
She told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme she felt physically intimidated when other students hijacked a speech at London's UCL given by a former Israeli defence force officer.
She said she was pushed against some doors, jostled and shouted at by protesters.
I told ya SJWs are anti-semites!

SJWs are tollerent of Muslims who are intolerant of Jews. That means SJWs really do tolerate intolerance!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 4:03 am

SJWs create conflict then blame the conflect on their opponents!