Page 54 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 108  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 4:03 am

SJWs create conflict then blame the conflect on their opponents!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:03 pm

Students demand stores stop selling ‘ponchos and sombreros’

Students at the University of New Hampshire are calling on local stores to stop selling “items like ponchos and sombreros” to prevent cultural appropriation at Cinco de Mayo celebrations.

The demands were crafted by a student group calling itself "All Eyes on UNH," which has been posting photos of white students wearing ponchos and sombreros on social media to highlight "the normalization of racist behavior" on campus....

“Cultural appropriation at UNH continues the normalization of racist behavior that is already an issue on campus,” a press release accompanying the demands states. “As a majority-white campus, the Cinco controversy has shown that most students at UNH do not understand the importance of cultural literacy and how cultural appropriation contributes to the growing acceptance of racism and xenophobia.”

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9184

There Are Four Lights!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2017, 11:18 pm

Where are the Mexicans supposed to buy their Cinco de Mayo outfits now?

What'll the SJWs do next, ban Speedy Gonzalez cartoons?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 8:11 am

f**k that. I buy them because they make excellent rain gear when waiting 1/2 hour for the bus, not for cultural appropriation. Now they are trendy? I have always as an adult been made fun of for wearing them.

What next banning the name Wrong Planet because aliens if they exist will be offended by the humamogarchy?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 8:32 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
f**k that. I buy them because they make excellent rain gear
That's probably why they were invented.

But you can't use them for protection from the rain unless you understand the cultural struggles of the Mexican people, according to SJWs.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 10:27 am

are they going to be mad at mexicans for appropriating the poncho from peruvians now too?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 10:48 am

Just when you thought you were safe from sombreros, a new menace appears: minority students at the University of Michigan are oppressed by wood paneling:

Some minority students at the University of Michigan have apparently felt intimidated by the interior wood paneling found throughout the historic Michigan Union building.

Anna Wibbelman, former president of Building a Better Michigan, an organization that voices student concerns about university development, stated at a student government meeting in late March that “minority students felt marginalized by quiet, imposing masculine paneling” found throughout the 100-year-old building, the meeting’s minutes state.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32596/

There Are Four Lights!

Shelf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2017, 11:51 am

I'm surrounded by SJW's in my city who regularly protest now every week, in a city where the majority already agree with them. There could be not a more purposeless, revel in feel goodism, self masturbatory virtue signaling activity then gathering regularly to stand around and do nothing in an area where most of the people you might encounter will already think the same thing you do.
My perspective on SJW's comes from close interaction with them over 2 years volunteering leading up to the presidential election. I could not identify what exactly was wrong with these people, I was always a liberal, but they were something much stranger. I tolerated and swallowed my true thoughts to avoid driving away volunteer labor and after my candidate didn't get it, I immersed myself in understanding what I had just witnessed for 2 long years, the psychology behind it and discovered that the SJW was already well known and well studied. SJW's I've seen range from the well intentioned to those who hold a malevolent ideology. I've become sufficiently convinced they are more dangerous than the far right, but I'm not certain if I'm biased by having a lot of them around me and my self selected viewing choices on the topic. I will give them credit, I had a lot of holes in my thinking, illogical views that I left unchallenged without meaning to and that they helped me question and test the validity of my beliefs which I think it important to always keep developing my ideas and knowledge. I recommend Jordan Peterson, Dave Rubin and Sargon of Akkad on youtube if you enjoy learning about this topic, or volunteer for any "progressive cause" and you can observe them in person

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 3:26 pm

Elsewhere in higher education:

Prof To White Male Employees: ‘Please Quit’

A professor wants universities to “stop hiring white cis men,” according to her May blog post uncovered by Campus Reform Wednesday.

“If you are a cis white man (meaning you identify as male and you were assigned male at birth) you almost certainly should resign from your position of power,” wrote Piper Harron, a temporary assistant professor at University of Hawaii at Manoa....

Harron, who is black and teaches math at Manoa, informed readers that “actual solutions require women of color and transgender individuals,” noting that “having white cis women run the world is no kind of solution,” referencing the 53 percent of white women who voted to elect President Donald Trump.

The professor said universities should “stop hiring white cis men (except as needed to get/retain people who are not white cis men) until the problem goes away,” telling readers that if they “think this is a bad or un-serious idea, their sexism/racism/transphobia is showing.”

Harron addressed education recruiters in the blog post, saying they should “think long and hard” before hiring white men, asserting recruiters who do hire white men are “not innocent” and that female students of color cannot emulate white men.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/17/prof- ... ease-quit/

There Are Four Lights!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 4:58 am

Darmok wrote:
Just when you thought you were safe from sombreros, a new menace appears: minority students at the University of Michigan are oppressed by wood paneling:

Some minority students at the University of Michigan have apparently felt intimidated by the interior wood paneling found throughout the historic Michigan Union building.

Anna Wibbelman, former president of Building a Better Michigan, an organization that voices student concerns about university development, stated at a student government meeting in late March that “minority students felt marginalized by quiet, imposing masculine paneling” found throughout the 100-year-old building, the meeting’s minutes state.

There are kids in the third world dying from malnutrition but this is more important
/sarcasm

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 8:18 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Darmok wrote:

There are kids in the third world dying from malnutrition but this is more important
/sarcasm

Not only in the third world.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 9:21 am

Don't forget that professor who calls for mass murder of whites. From like Arizona or somewhere down there.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 9:32 am

If we don't "appropriate" things from other cultures, we don't learn anything.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 9:54 pm

Cultural appropriation has been making new culture for thousands of years.

When SJWs refuse to use something because it was made by Mexicans or black people, it almost sounds like they're being racist. Are SJWs racist?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 8:52 am

Darmok wrote:

So, women and minorities are just as strong and capable as the evil cis-het-white-patriarchy-men...but can be easily repelled by sheets of old wood. That seems legit.

Also, notice how "masculine" is included as part of why the wood is threatening and evil.

Also, on the topic of sombreros; do these people know that "sombrero" is just spanish for "hat"?

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Are SJWs racist?

Yes.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:04 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Cultural appropriation has been making new culture for thousands of years.

When SJWs refuse to use something because it was made by Mexicans or black people, it almost sounds like they're being racist. Are SJWs racist?

They are often racist,sexist or just plain bigoted. When they assume because you are born white you are privilged they are racist, when they state your opinion is automatically invalid because of your race(they have no problems about thier opinions bieng the only truth) they are bieng racist. When they assume because of how you were born you need extreme levels of protection they are bieng bigoted.