Girls from the north make the first move more?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 12:33 pm

I don't mean to generalise like this but why do girls from the north of the United Kingdom take the initiative when approaching guys in bars/nightclubs so much more compared girls from the south of England?

Is it something to do perhaps with the state of the economy in the North of England and Scotland? Perhaps because there is a better economy in the south girls have more money and feel they can be more selective with who they talk to in the bar/nightclub scene?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 5:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I don't mean to generalise like this but why do girls from the north of the United Kingdom take the initiative when approaching guys in bars/nightclubs so much more compared girls from the south of England?

Is it something to do perhaps with the state of the economy in the North of England and Scotland? Perhaps because there is a better economy in the south girls have more money and feel they can be more selective with who they talk to in the bar/nightclub scene?

I think its more of a cultural thing. I've noticed that many northerners are certainly more social with strangers than people in the south.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 7:30 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I think its more of a cultural thing. I've noticed that many northerners are certainly more social with strangers than people in the south.

Why do you think that is?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm

Maybe they have more Viking blood?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 8:21 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Why do you think that is?

I'm not sure to be honest. Maybe it's because the south has become less friendly due to high desity areas and lost traditions. Whereas in the north the density is not as high and they keep traditional values.

I'm from the south and my boyfriend is from the north and in his town they are really friendly and call you flower. His family are vwry traditional (don't believe in uni) like super friendly too and are huggers :o

My family on the other hand are not huggers and don't hug people as soon as they meet.

I suppose there could be a money aspect where southerners are more money orientated because stuff costs more

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 3:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:

I recently went to Great Yarmouth[East Norfolk] when I went away a month ago, and there were loads of northerners there.
They all seemed hell bent on having a good time and it was during the day. It made a nice change as the folk back home in the Southern lands, are mainly ignorant and dismissive of anyone who doesn’t wear an upbeat logo around their necks. There is also a lot of middle class divide now, more than there has ever been which hangs over some of us like a giant shadow. Club scenes are becoming the least main fray and its more pubs that usher in the punters of this giant curtain divide.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 4:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe they have more Viking blood?

Bad theory. Women here in Scandinavia are sitting on their buts and still expect men (in 2016) to do the initial move.