Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 10:52 pm

Extrication wrote:
Hopefully, Bethesda (or someone else) has bothered to thoroughly patch these games on PC. Otherwise, I must regrettably refuse to invest any further of my time with either. I'll play Daggerfall instead...

Nexus mods has unofficial patches for both games. Hopefully those will help you.

Extrication
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2016, 11:25 pm

I had figured the modding community would've ironed out most (if not all) of the issues I deal with. I'll have to check that out at a later juncture. Thanks.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 12:57 pm

Just a little update on my Skyrim progress. I still have a LONG way to go (haven't even started the Civil War quests). I own the house in Whiterun and I beat the storyline quests for the Companions and the College of Winterhold. I recently just wandered into Solitude and am thinking about either hitting up the Bard's College or make a dent in my backlog of miscellaneous quests. More importantly, I've had second thoughts on which "side" to join up with in the main storyline. Haven't taken any action yet, but I'm definitely impressed with how the game can change your perspective towards the characters midway through the game.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 3:55 pm

Get it know if you download the HDR Textures you can get the new remastered for 20-40$ less.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 3:57 pm

crmoore wrote:
Just a little update on my Skyrim progress. I still have a LONG way to go (haven't even started the Civil War quests). I own the house in Whiterun and I beat the storyline quests for the Companions and the College of Winterhold. I recently just wandered into Solitude and am thinking about either hitting up the Bard's College or make a dent in my backlog of miscellaneous quests. More importantly, I've had second thoughts on which "side" to join up with in the main storyline. Haven't taken any action yet, but I'm definitely impressed with how the game can change your perspective towards the characters midway through the game.

I'm personally a Imperial, You can go through the story without siding it just makes a peace treaty. IF I have to I'd go for Imperials though being a Emperor I might be a bit biased. ;)

Synth.osx
Raven
Raven

16 Sep 2016, 3:59 am

crmoore wrote:

I stopped playing Skyrim with a checklist for completion, I prefer to explore and roleplay a certain character or class. I think it is good to experience the different faction quests but the one of the great aspects of Skyrim is creating different character builds and playing through the game as a completely different character with a different perspective.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 9:05 pm

One of my most epic dragon encounters was when this monstrous scaled grinning swine just descended smack bang in that ephemerally glowing courtyard of Winterhold College up in the clouds with the endless snow swirls, it swooped on down in a rather beautifully clumsy fashion, there always seems to me an element of impatient grace in their appearances, it proceeded to blast me with even MORE icy gusts, I kept popping out from behind the pillars blasting it until it eventually gave up the ghost. I swear that creepy college master dude helped take it down, then acted like nothing had happened, just another day up in the frozen wasteland.

Stampfigang
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2017, 3:30 am

Is anybody still playing? I got the Special Edition on PS4 and just took it up again after a break. I'm only on level 10 and wasted several hours of playtime yesterday because I unknowingly caught the vampirism illness and didn't stop it from breaking out. Since I don't want to be a vampire I just uploaded an older save. This kinda sucks since I lost some nice gear but I guess it could be worse. At the moment I'm playing with a Khajiit, mainly focused on one-handed close combat. Bow and arrow is not my thing and I'm don't like playing as mage. The game is huge and there is so much more to explore, I think I will be set for the next few months...

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 9:55 am

Vampirism isn't that hard to cure, you just need to know who can do it (google if you don't). If you're early in the game (you probably will be the first time) it involves an item that is rare, however for the first cure you can get it from the guy who can cure you. After you've cured it it's then important to recognise the signs that you have the disease so you can get rid of it easily at a shrine, it's only when it takes full hold that a shrine will no long cure it.

As a little teaser you also get a chance to play as a werewolf :)