Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 4:29 am

DancingCorpse wrote:
Yep! I think I've probably discovered just under a third of the locations, I can take hours to explore a single cave complex! I messed up early on, apart from the infamous giant encounter (LOL I'll go put an axe in that big fellow's head-oops!) Within the first couple hours I attempted to go through Darkwater Pass to get over an infuriating section of river, I simply could not find an alternative route trying to get to Ivarstead, big mistake... I managed to come out unscathed with a nice falmer sword and shield though, that is one creepy ass place, I've yet to return.

Been to Kagrenzel yet? It has some very deep gameplay (wink) :) Started the game just now and i rediscovered my lvl 59 standing in the hotsprings where i usually camp around to hunt for wildlife.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 5:21 pm

I got the dragonstone early, so when the court mage asked for it, i replied: "oh this old thing?" and he was VERY pleased haha, its a different conversation to the standard one if you don't have it, pretty neat

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 5:50 pm

randomeu wrote:
I got the dragonstone early, so when the court mage asked for it, i replied: "oh this old thing?" and he was VERY pleased haha, its a different conversation to the standard one if you don't have it, pretty neat

I usually make my own housemod for Elderscrolls/Fallout games, filled with storage so i can collect, sort and categorise stuff. Whenever i run into a "Find this item" Quest, i just go home, look where i put the item they want and deliver it.

(No i do not have a problem hoarding in real life)

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 1:00 pm

Quick question for Elder Scrolls veterans. I own Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim but haven't played any of them. Which game would be a good starting point to try out first?

CheeseSlice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2016, 4:44 pm

Short answer: Yes
Long answer: Yes!! !

CheeseSlice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2016, 4:50 pm

crmoore wrote:
Quick question for Elder Scrolls veterans. I own Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim but haven't played any of them. Which game would be a good starting point to try out first?

Skyrim was my first ES and there wasn't any previous ES experience needed to play it, the story apparently has nothing to do with the previous ones, so from my experience I would say it's up to you but personally I'd go in the order they were released.

Edit: Sorry about the double post!

alextheadvenger
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2016, 6:39 pm

EVERYONE NEEDS THIS F*&%ING GAME, ITS EPIC!! !! ! :D :D :D :D :D

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 7:59 pm

crmoore wrote:

I believe that Morrowind is the best by far; but it's also considerably harder, looks every bit its age and has really clunky combat. There's mods to improve most of these things.

I'd play them in order.

pink_harmonica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2016, 11:00 am

I didn't even get past the first page before everything I would've said was said. TESV is easily my favourite game that I can't play anymore (and that changes in October!! :D :D :D ). I haven't put the most time into it (cos for a while, I was scared to play it; Bleak Falls Barrow just freaked me out when I was 14), but I can't really say I have enjoyed playing (or reading in) any other game more than Skyrim. I put the soundtrack on when I was in the car with my mom and I almost cried because it made me so happy. That's what this game does to you.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 11:42 am

Okay, I played through a little bit of Skyrim this weekend and DAMN, this is one big game. I am curious though about the unlinear gameplay. I've heard about the different guilds you can join. If you join one and do all their missions, does that mean you'll not be able to do other storylines in the game? I guess what I'm trying to ask is that in this world of free choice and open play, what's the catch?

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 12:27 pm

dan_aspie wrote:
Does or has anyone played Skyrim? I've been thinking about buying it - maybe not right now but when the remaster comes out on PC. Looks like a good game that could keep me entertained for a while. Also the amount of mods for it out on the internet is just huge. I can import weapons from WoW and Warhammer 40000 into the game.

Thoughts? I don't want to waste money if I can avoid it.

Should I get this awesome addictive Bethesda Game with amazing graphics, storyline and gameplay?

UHHHHHHH...PPPPFFFFFFTTTT!! !

YEEEEEAHH???! !! !

I played skyrim daily for 2.5 years and never got sick of it. The torrent got messed up when I transferred my file to my buddy's computer, and tried to play on my old one :(

100/10

Totally reccommend!! !! OMG!

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 12:43 pm

I am late to this party but yes its worth it but only with mods if you ask me, I played it vanilla and I got bored with it. Mod it and enjoy, I also have never played any Elder Scrolls except Skyrim so thats where I would start personally but normally I am for the play in the order of release method. Since Skyrim is so long, I would just play it and not play the others cause it seems they aren't fantastic unless your a fan. I am not a die hard Elder Scrolls fan so I may never play the others, don't know. This one is a gem though, buy it. For price I would say without looking at it now, its probably worth $20 to $30 for the legendary edition (That is with addons). If you can get it on sale then definitely buy it, I have seen the legendary edition for as little as $5 to $10. I would not get it without all the addons, a lot of mods require all the DLC but the worse DLC is Hearthfire. It doesn't add much but building houses and thats a forgettable part of the game to me.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 12:48 pm

Possibly the most bang for your video game buck out there, it'll come out to like pennies an hour by the time you get bored of it, if you get bored of it.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 1:29 pm

crmoore wrote:

If you want to follow the "story" (lore) then go M->O->S, but it is not necessary. Morrowind can seem harder, but it comes packed with alot of funny bugs (Alchemy, Soultrapping) that can make you stronger than anything in the game. (I was able to single punch Dagoth UR and Vivec to death my bare hands.) Also the landscape is littered with tonnes of artifacts that are pretty strong as well (How a bout being able to pick up a Daedric Dai Katana before lvl 5?), there is no "leveling" of creatures in Morrowind either, so you can run into some pretty strong beasts, just prepare to leg it out of there if you enter the wrong dungeon.

Oblivion is pretty, lots of forest areas to explore in Cyrodil and it features a little of everything from the nearby provinces, in the east there is a Morag-Tong from Morrowind, in the south there are Khajiit and Argonians.

The games are pretty much alike, there IS a story there, but if you want to say "I dont care, i want to pick flowers instead" - you can do that!

However, because of it's prettyness and non-intrusive GUI, i prefer Skyrim. Was gonna play Elderscrolls Online (just as pretty), but i need to update the game with like a billion patches and my monthy download quota isn't what it used to be.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 8:17 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Morrowind can seem harder, but it comes packed with alot of funny bugs (Alchemy, Soultrapping) that can make you stronger than anything in the game.

Ahh, the ol' unlimited potion stacking trick, how I miss it. I can't even count how many hours I spent coming up with more and more overpowered constant effect enchantments in that game, from permanent flight to invisibility to telepathy, or my personal favorite, a ring that damaged the strength of everyone in a fairly large radius when activated, so I could essentially over-encumber huge numbers of people at once and leave them helpless. That was definitely a game I had more fun breaking than playing.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2016, 2:04 am

randomeu wrote:

For my first couple of play troughs that was my standard conversation. Simply because when arriving in Riverwood I always asked to store owner what happened and then decided to get the claw back for him ASP. Because from games I played before this one I had thought it was necessary to round up as much as possible before moving on the next place.

Now I first head to Whiterun, or somewhere else, before getting the golden claw.