Why doesn't God care about the events in today's world?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:12 pm

If God exists, then why does he expect us to follow his will, yet he doesn't care who our leaders are, what we feel about the society as whole, etc.? I think is hypocritical, that's why I walked away from Christianity. I am willing to disobey and rebel against God for sticking to my assessment of his design of our world. He seems cruel many times, but I think my only options Heaven or Hell, is inevitable and unavoidable.

Why can't my "Heaven" just be like this physical place without all the current problems we have now? I know there will always be problems, but at one point as a society, most of us had true leadership, the economy was better, I can go on. Yes, some things are better today, but then again, it's added onto all the stresses of the current era.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 6:06 pm

Scary thing to note about that - this is probably the best time in human history to be alive. Not because it's wonderful in and of itself but because it's so much better than any century previous to this one. Even just reading about the middle ages and renaissance you get chills. Add that 2,000 years ago, thinking of Rome especially, the most common cause of a ruler's departure - usually within a few years - was assassination. That seemed to taper down little by little through the first millennium, poisonings and assassinations of various nobles and intellectuals tapered little by little, so much so that by the 20th century people were shaken to the core to hear that JFK or Reagan had been shot. I'm not even touching how the common people used to live - lets just say that the stories of Paris before it had sewer systems and the stories of the faits divers says a lot.

(edit: first millennium, not first century)

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 12 Jul 2016, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 6:16 pm

Job wonder the same thing, but he then set about finding the answers to his question. By the way, Job has equal status among the Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Worth the reading.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)