Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 2:24 pm

fakkau89 wrote:
I used to do Tae Kwon Do as a kid, I think the highest level I got was either yellow tip or yellow full.

I used to be good at sparing.

I might get back into Tae Kwon do soon, or the other option is Muay Thai (Thailand Boxing aka The art of the 8 limbs)
which I really enjoyed and seems quite full on for self defense, yeah I might do that instead of TKD.

Have yet to spar with MT but during training it is not compulsory, it is opt in.

actually mt might be good with strengthening my knees, cool cool cool.

MT has a lot of leg work, as I understand it. If you're wanting to strengthen your knees, that would be the way to go.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2017, 8:59 am

fakkau89 wrote:
I used to do Tae Kwon Do as a kid, I think the highest level I got was either yellow tip or yellow full.

I used to be good at sparing.

I might get back into Tae Kwon do soon, or the other option is Muay Thai (Thailand Boxing aka The art of the 8 limbs)
which I really enjoyed and seems quite full on for self defense, yeah I might do that instead of TKD.

Have yet to spar with MT but during training it is not compulsory, it is opt in.

actually mt might be good with strengthening my knees, cool cool cool.

I think it's cool how Muay Thai strengthens your knees, something that can be very damaging, even without training

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 10:03 pm

My college just added a martial arts club that I joined so I could get some exercise and have fun with it. It’s student-led, and they’re teaching Muay Thai. My only martial arts experience was a little bit of taekwondo in fourth or fifth grade, so I’m not nearly as experienced as most of the others there. Still, I’ve learned a lot, even though I’ve only been to two meetings so far.

ABZ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Nov 2017, 5:06 pm

Done some basic Krav Maga training. May be useful if I'm eve attacked , mugged etc.

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 11:35 am

Off and on since I was four. Tae Kwon do for about seven years. Very little bit of karate. Muay Thai and wing Chun for six months to a year. Nine or ten years of Tai chi chuan and gongfu now.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 11:49 am

Taekwondo when I was 13-14 years of age. I believe it is one of the reasons I stopped my Selective Mutism.

I wish I could still do what I learned then. But, at 56 years of age, it is largely relegated to my memory.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Pericles
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jan 2018, 6:45 pm

I do chigung and yoga - find both make me happy, more calm & less withdrawn.