Just got rejected, and it is getting odd

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 3:14 am

There's that girl I like (not the religious girl of the other thread I did weeks ago).

I am friend with her, she awlays complained to me that no guy ever approached her ans she's 29 already; she feels worried.

One of the guys that she liked told me that he finds her unattractive and unappealing; some of my friends who constantly saw me with her told me the same; it seems that the typical males don't find her feminine nor attractive; hence her troubles in finding a guy to approach.
But what it boggles my mind why she won't accept me? I respect her more than the other guys she finds attractive, and I would give her a chance way more than those guys!
And her reaction was really negative, she accused me of pretending all the time and she feels betrayed. Odd.
What's worse that she is not answering my texts much now and she barely talks to me when I encounter her.

I wonder, why would she won't accept me yet she is so yearning for a serious relationship? She obviously has zero chance with those guys, at least I am giving her a chance.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 16 Jul 2016, 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 4:24 am

What did she accuse you of pretending about? Was it that she thought you had been pretending to be her friend just so you could "make a move" on her. . . . .or does she think you are pretending about asking her out?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 4:55 am

Anngables wrote:
What did she accuse you of pretending about? Was it that she thought you had been pretending to be her friend just so you could "make a move" on her. . . . .or does she think you are pretending about asking her out?

Yes, kinda; but I don't want to discuss this point.

My question, why she wouldn't give me a chance while she is hopeless with the guys she's after?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 4:57 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
There's that girl I like (not the religious girl of the other thread I did weeks ago).

I am friend with her, she awlays complained to me that no guy ever approached her ans she's 29 already; she feels worried.

One of the guys that she liked told me that he finds her unattractive and unappealing; some of my friends who constantly saw me with her told me the same; it seems that the typical males don't find her feminine nor attractive; hence her troubles in finding a guy to approach.
But what it boggles my mind why she won't accept me? I respect her more than the other guys she finds attractive, and I would give her a chance way more than those guys!
And her reaction was really negative, she accused me of pretending all the timr and she feels betrayed. Odd.
What's worse that she is not answering my texts much now and she barely talks to me when I encounter her.

I wonder, why would she won't accept me yet she is so yearning for a serious relationship? At least I am giving her a chance.

She likely just doesn't feel an attraction to you. I don't really see lack of attraction by a heterosexual person, to someone of the opposite sex any different than lack of attraction of a gay person, to someone of the opposite sex. We would not expect a lonely gay man to hook up with a woman, despite a lack of attraction to her, simply because he is lonely...those who are progressive understand that he doesn't choose not to be attracted to her, and accept that he just isn't attracted to her. We should not have different standards for heterosexual people when they not attracted to someone of the opposite sex. I'm sure there are women you are not attracted to and then women who you are, and I doubt you have much control over this, so same for her.

I commend you for letting your interest in her be known though. Your bravery is admirable. I'm sorry she is not interested in you, though given how she responded, perhaps you can see that she was not of the best character.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 10:47 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Anngables wrote:

My question, why she wouldn't give me a chance while she is hopeless with the guys she's after?

I asked you that because if it were that she doesn't really believe that you genuinely like her there may be things you can do to repair the situation. If she has really low self esteem and doesn't think anyone will ever find her attractive she may be cross because she thinks you are playing a joke on her . . .

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 10:50 am

Anngables wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Anngables wrote:

I asked you that because if it were that she doesn't really believe that you genuinely like her there may be things you can do to repair the situation. If she has really low self esteem and doesn't think anyone will ever find her attractive she may be cross because she thinks you are playing a joke on her . . .

No no, she simply said she doesn't find me attractive (she literally said it), her rejection wasn't due to something that complicated.

And that what drives me crazy, I mean she is not conventionally beautiful, all guys I know find her ugly and odd, I did hear their opinions when they talk about girls in our social circle.

And she is so desperate for a relationship.

Then why she won't accept me?

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

Sounds like she accepts you as a person, she just doesn't want to be with you romantically. You're expecting her to settle for you since everyone else finds her ugly and odd. She should want to be with you, not settle, but she doesn't feel that want. That's not your fault, it's just the way she is. If you think she should be with you simply because others aren't attracted to her, then you can't really be surprised a relationship isn't happening. I can understand how you feel, because this kind of situation can be frustrating and confusing at the time. From a distance I think you will see that there probably isn't anything there to begin with (imagine her reaction if you told her you're surprised she won't accept you since everyone else thinks she's ugly and odd). She isn't attracted to you, and you're attracted to an idea of her. You'll find someone better for you in time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 11:46 am

Btw, I am more good-looking than her (even girls told me so) but there's a bond (no more since she is almost ghosting me now) with her that's why I asked her around.... then I wonder why she wouldn't give me a chance while she goes for the unattainable guys.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 11:53 am

There is a mystique about the Unattainable. Both males and females fall under that spell.

When the Unattainable becomes attainable, this is frequently felt as anticlimactic.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 12:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Btw, I am more good-looking than her (even girls told me so)

That was so charitable of you to ask her out, then.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 1:20 pm

It's a shame but I guess the chemistry just wasn't there. Like even when you are desperate you still cant force yourself to be with someone who you don't have chemistry with.

It's the same with the similar thread where the 'desperate' guy wasnt really desperate and wasn't attracted to the op. You just can't chose who your attracted to

viewtopic.php?t=322725

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 1:47 pm

HighLlama wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Btw, I am more good-looking than her (even girls told me so)

That was so charitable of you to ask her out, then.

Perhaps she picked up in this attitude and that's why she rejected him. She probably felt like she didn't want to go out with someone who wanted to date her out of pity, or saw it as doing her a favor because their view she's too ugly to have a chance with anyone else. Also she might have thought he was acting like her friend...just waiting for an opportune moment to make a move after she gets rejected by someone else.

I mean Face of Boo, if you were interested in her that way, why didn't you ask her out before the two of you became close friends?

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 16 Jul 2016, 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 1:52 pm

at Sweetleaf:

Quote:
No no, she simply said she doesn't find me attractive (she literally said it), her rejection wasn't due to something that complicated.

No one picked up anything.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 1:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
at Sweetleaf:

Quote:

She probably wouldn't have wanted to admit it if she felt you wanted to date her out of pity or doing her a favor.

But if not, could just be.....she simply doesn't like you back romantically and doesn't find you attractive which there isn't really anything you can do much about. Would you date someone you didn't find attractive?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm

Romantic interest can develop over time. The last girl I had a crush on, I thought was a strange looking git when I first met her. It was long after we became friends that I started developing stronger feelings for her. I sure as hell wasn't "pretending" to be her friend all that time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 2:01 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
at Sweetleaf:

Quote:

She probably wouldn't have wanted to admit it if she felt you wanted to date her out of pity or doing her a favor.

But if not, could just be.....she simply doesn't like you back romantically and doesn't find you attractive which there isn't really anything you can do much about. Would you date someone you didn't find attractive?

But why she wouldn't find me attractive? No one finds her attractive....I am not exaggerating, no one. It's a fact, and I did feel sad for her because she's delusional.

If no girl ever found me attractive, then of course I am gonna at least give a chance to the first girl who likes me, is that wrong?