Why to dads do this to there daughters?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 5:15 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
It's because of the double standard. These parties often lead to sex. Parents don't mind their teenaged sons having sex but they're horrified at the notion of their teenaged daughters having sex. This form of sexism is still very prevalent.
Obvious solution: make just as sure not to let your sons have sex, either. Better yet, make sure they're well aware they're not getting any till such time as they no longer depend on you in any way, because meanwhile you'll use your leverage to force on them whatever measures it takes to guarantee their continued abstinence.
This can be achieved easily enough. Just be really embarrassing around your kids and their friends / dates / crushes / love interests.

Tell dad jokes, bring up embarrassing stories from their childhoods, talk about religion a lot. This will scare away any potential sex partners and ensure he stays abstinent well into adulthood :lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 5:19 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
This thread makes me glad I didn't date in high school. (Although some good-looking boys date as early as in middle school.)
I must have been good-looking because the girls used to ask me out in middle-school. It was horrifying. I avoided those girls who wanted to do all that scary date stuff with me 8O 8O 8O

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 5:40 pm

yelekam wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
It's because of the double standard. These parties often lead to sex. Parents don't mind their teenaged sons having sex but they're horrified at the notion of their teenaged daughters having sex. This form of sexism is still very prevalent.
Obvious solution: make just as sure not to let your sons have sex, either. Better yet, make sure they're well aware they're not getting any till such time as they no longer depend on you in any way, because meanwhile you'll use your leverage to force on them whatever measures it takes to guarantee their continued abstinence.
agreed. The equal standard should be abstinence until adulthood. Furthermore, it should be taught as positive standard.
Abstinence until adulthood? Exactly. Because evidence shows that teenagers don't even have a sex drive. Seventeen year olds aren't even anatomically capable of having sex because they're not yet physically developed down there.

We should enforce abstinence until eighteen because a seventeen year old's mind is totally innocent and a seventeen year old has never had a sexual thought in his/her life. Seventeen year olds are not capable of feeling sexual attraction.

There's no way they could possibly enjoy sex if it's so much as a day before their eighteenth birthday. Their small fragile bodies just couldn't handle the physical stresses because a seventeen year old is still a child right? I mean, you're 17 years and 364 days old and you're 100% child and then then next morning you wake up on your eighteenth birthday and you're a fully mature and responsible adult with a 9 -5 job.

I'm sure since eighteen year olds mentally mature and 100% responsible there's no way they can have anything but a positive experience of sex if they're eighteen or older. Eighteen year old guys take a fully responsible view of sex. But seventeen year olds are 100% irresponsible which is why 100% of them play hookey 100% of the time.

Evidence shows that all people mature at precisely the same rate so one seventeen year old will be precisely as mature as all the others. That is why broad sweeping generalizations about age groups are 100% accurate.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2016, 5:55 pm

I don't see any double strandard.

Sure, teen girls can be more vulnerable agreed, but.. not all party girls are "innocent" who get drunk unresponsibly... not even speaking of sex alot of bad things can happen and even drunk boys can get into trouble like driving under influence and whatnot.

Anyway if you're a good parent you would educate your son/daughter well and teach them how to drink and to always be careful, responsible, etc.

But the truth is that parenthood is not what it used to be... now kids just say to their parents "eat it" and do whatever they want, or vice versa, parental neglection can lead to inappropriate and/or dangerous behaviour.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 3:49 pm

From reading the answers to my thread I understand why women dislike men..........

ShesGone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2016, 4:20 pm

^ Why? :P

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 4:58 pm

Chummy wrote:
Anyway if you're a good parent you would educate your son/daughter well and teach them how to drink and to always be careful, responsible, etc.

How to drink? Don’t drink. How to have sex? Don’t have sex. How to date? Don’t date. Easy peasy. I don’t understand why people make all this stuff seem so complex. In fact, there’s no need to go out at all. Keep your children stranded away from anywhere they could meet anyone their age and let them know how much of a pain in the rear end it is to you every time you need to drive them somewhere. There’s never absolutely any need to do anything motivated by pleasure. The only acceptable reason to do something is that you have a duty to do it. Can’t get any more careful or responsible than that, can you?

Chummy wrote:
But the truth is that parenthood is not what it used to be... now kids just say to their parents "eat it" and do whatever they want, or vice versa,

Only because their parents inexplicably tolerate it. They should make sure their children rue the day they said that for the rest of their lives.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 9:11 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Chummy wrote:

How to drink? Don’t drink. How to have sex? Don’t have sex. How to date? Don’t date. Easy peasy. I don’t understand why people make all this stuff seem so complex. In fact, there’s no need to go out at all. Keep your children stranded away from anywhere they could meet anyone their age and let them know how much of a pain in the rear end it is to you every time you need to drive them somewhere. There’s never absolutely any need to do anything motivated by pleasure. The only acceptable reason to do something is that you have a duty to do it. Can’t get any more careful or responsible than that, can you?

Chummy wrote:
But the truth is that parenthood is not what it used to be... now kids just say to their parents "eat it" and do whatever they want, or vice versa,

Only because their parents inexplicably tolerate it. They should make sure their children rue the day they said that for the rest of their lives.

Spiderpig wrote:
Chummy wrote:

Chummy wrote:

That's much worse. If you prevent your kids life experience you're basically not giving them tools to cope with it. Challenges will come anyway and it's better to know what you're facing.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

Oh, but it’ll no longer be your responsibility by then!

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 10:09 am

ShesGone wrote:
^ Why? :P

Because we hold them back from being independent

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 10:25 am

I think it would be an irresponsible dad who did not keep some track of who his daughter/daughters are hanging out with.

Not to restrict her movements, mind you.

But to keep track, in case some jerk tries to force his way upon her without her consent.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 11:26 am

Dads are just very concerned about their children, I think they are especially concerned about their daughters

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 11:58 am

The best way to keep track of someone's movements is to let them move as little as possible.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 1:39 pm

probably because dads are more in touch with the men's world; therefore they know better how much filth is in there.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 11:03 am

Unless you can look a dad like this one in the eye and not feel like an utter, revolting, steaming pile of crap, you have no business having a girlfriend, ever. Imagine him challenging you to a duel. Let’s suppose you kill him: then imagine a brother, an uncle, a cousin, etc., etc., all duelling you if you manage to kill the previous challenger. Unless you genuinely have the courage to follow through till the end, win or lose, you don’t deserve as much as to see a female of your species on the horizon in your whole life. Treasure every time you meet one as a divine, completely undeserved gift.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 1:03 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Imagine him challenging you to a duel. Let’s suppose you kill him: then imagine a brother, an uncle, a cousin, etc., etc., all duelling you if you manage to kill the previous challenger. Unless you genuinely have the courage to follow through till the end, win or lose, you don’t deserve as much as to see a female of your species on the horizon in your whole life. Treasure every time you meet one as a divine, completely undeserved gift.

What the f**k? :?