Page 1 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

shadowboxer
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2016, 2:54 pm

As I watch the news, I can't help but notice the similarities between Donald Trump & Adolph Hitler. In the 1930's people said that Hitler "Told it like it is"

Now in 2016, it seems like even Trump's own party doesn't want him to be president.
From the over the top speeches & showmanship, to Trump's supporters raising their arm when they pledge their support, to the violence that accompanies his rallies, the similarities are unavoidable. Not to mention his plans to round up over 11 million people without due process, use nuclear weapons against ISIL & seal our borders. Do we really want this guy to be president?

If Trump becomes president, it will lead to more danger to America. The world will still hate us, but they'll have a good reason.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 3:34 pm

No argument from me on any point you made!

But this thread will doubtless get a visit from Jacoby in about ten seconds...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 3:38 pm

How about nobody for President? I am not a fan of Trump, but I don't think he's quite comparable to Hitler either way seems it's between him and Hillary and neither are worth voting for in my opinion.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 3:55 pm

Not voting for Hillary is one more vote for Trump though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 4:57 pm

Froya wrote:

And voting for her is one more vote for her.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 5:12 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Froya wrote:

And voting for her is one more vote for her.

Yes I do understand that. What I mean is that if someone who is an american citizen and really don't want Trump to become president for some reason, voting for Hillary despite not liking her, increases the chanses of that happening more then if you don't vote at all.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Jul 2016, 5:19 pm

Hillary is much much worse than Trump, she is the epitome of corruption. If you'd like to talk about this more we have a forum for it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 4:18 am

Instead of the lesser of two evil's, is the evil of two lesser's!

Heard that someplace.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 4:32 am

if you don't vote for the lesser of two evils, you will by default get the greater of two evils. i would rather have the lesser evil, since that is the only realistic choice i have.

shadowboxer
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2016, 7:06 am

Whoever gets elected, we're going to be stuck with for at least 4 years regardless of what they do. If nothing else, voting gives you the right to criticize the government with a clear conscience

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 7:41 am

http://www.socialmatter.net/2015/10/04/ ... verywhere/

Assad is Hitler. Putin is Hitler. Trump is Hitler. Iran is led by multiple Hitlers. Climate change deniers are Hitler. Did you hear about the Burmese Hitler?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 7:44 am

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 9:05 am

Quote:
As I watch the news, I can't help but notice the similarities between Donald Trump & Adolph Hitler.

Oh deary me, no. That's not how it's done. You don't invoke Godwin's Law in the very first sentence of your post, you need at least pretend to be serious for a page or two before revealing yourself.

1/10, must troll harder.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 9:08 am

Choosing between a criminal and a draft-dodger is no choice at all.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 9:18 am

If democrats can get house and senate- it will help USA a ton I bet. Lots of people tend to forget there is house and senate races too! President race is important, but the side that has house+senate can certainly block any dumb plans Clinton or Trump will obviously try to do.

Either way, politics is so corrupt and sickening. People talk about making "America great again" and so on. You know what would make it better? If stupid politicians werent namecalling. If they would grow the hell up, stop the corruption and actually FIX things. Healthcare, the roads, wildlife, poverty, crime, etc. Stop with the false promises. All the lame "pork" bills that have nonsense that most Americans don't care about. Politicians look out for their friends more than the majority of Americans.. it's stupid and really needs to end. Unfortunately it probably never will. Greed + money + power = politics in a nutshell.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 10:17 am

I wonder if America might end up with both in the end. The winner has one of if not the worst presidencies in American history, and then the other one gets in.