Page 5 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 2:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Eugen Bleuer, in 1911, did not describe autism; he describe schizophrenia--that people with "dementia praecox" (the old name for schizophrenia) have an "autistic" mindset.

Quote:
Leo Kanner was the one that bought autism to the mainstream, under its own name. This was in 1942 (1943?) Autism became a known entity in the psychological/psychiatric community soon after. It was very well-established in case studies by the 1950s.

Asperger's was referred to as "autistic psychopathy" by Hans Asperger, in a paper he wrote in 1943.

And before autism was diagnosed and codified as its own disorder, many autistics were diagnosed with a schizophrenic disorder and later reclassified... (I know two personally - or rather... knew two... both have passed)

DJKhaleedBRjan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2016, 3:45 pm

My mom claims this is why I am autistic. I don't know if she's right or wrong, it seems a lil crackpot although it doesn't seem like something the government would be above doing (purposely injecting diseases into unsuspecting children, like when they gave kids polio in the 70s). Seems likely I guess

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2016, 3:54 pm

DJKhaleedBRjan wrote:
My mom claims this is why I am autistic. I don't know if she's right or wrong, it seems a lil crackpot although it doesn't seem like something the government would be above doing (purposely injecting diseases into unsuspecting children, like when they gave kids polio in the 70s). Seems likely I guess

It doesn't just seem a "little crackpot," it does in fact seem monumentally deluded.

The government deliberately gave kids Polio in the 1970s? Where, which goverment? Evidence?

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

DJKhaleedBRjan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2016, 5:04 pm

Okay, I actually had it the other way around but hers an article I fished up in regards to what I mentioned prior: http://www.naturalnews.com/041345_CDC_p ... _SV40.html

Some spooky stuff out there. The truth is out there and I intend to find out.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2016, 5:20 pm

Their snake oil adverts amused me - like "the miracle elixir that melts fat" and other remarkable solutions completely unknown to science.

subhanrukh
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2016, 6:03 pm

mvanluven wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
It's hard to choose between having your child get ill and die and having your child live with autism for their whole lives. Both are equally as bad, but just for different reasons.

Do you have a child with autism?

Lots of parents of ASD children would never consider their kid's condition as something bad....

I was really hoping for view points of parents of ASD children to tell me stories about their children and how they feel about the idea of people preaching that vaccines are terrible because they cause autism and therefor death is preferable to autism.

HI, I wish I wouldve waited for vacinees. I probably will wait until 2 for my next child. I want them vaccinated but donto want to think that this is what caused it.

Jute
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Oct 2016, 6:10 pm

Quote:
I want them vaccinated but donto want to think that this is what caused it.

Why would you ever think that vaccines caused autism when it's been researched to death and it always produces the same results... Autism is not caused by vaccines. Only one so called scientist ever said that it did and he was proved to be a fraud and a liar.

Somewhere completely different:

Autism Social Forum

I am no longer active on this forum, I've quit.

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 4:44 am

DJKhaleedBRjan wrote:
Okay, I actually had it the other way around but hers an article I fished up in regards to what I mentioned prior: http://www.naturalnews.com/041345_CDC_p ... _SV40.html

Unsurprisingly, this is complete BS.

http://www.snopes.com/cdc-admits-98-mil ... o-vaccine/

Short excerpt from Snopes:

First of all, the CDC never "admitted" that anyone ever contracted cancer from a polio vaccination. What the CDC actually said was:

o Sometime around 1960, Simian Virus 40 (SV40) was discovered in the injected form of the polio vaccine (IPV).

o The SV40 virus has been found in certain types of cancer in humans.

o Between 1955 and 1963, when some portion of the IPV was contaminated with SV40, roughly 98 million Americans received at least one dose of polio vaccine.

Clearly 98 million Americans were not "given [a] cancer virus via the polio shot," because not every single polio vaccination undertaken between the years of 1955 and 1963 involved vaccine contaminated with SV40: the CDC estimated that somewhere between 10 and 30 million Americans might have received SV40-contaminated vaccine during that period. Moreover, SV40 is not a "cancer virus," and there is no definitive evidence that either SV40 itself or SV40-contaminated polio vaccine causes (or has caused) cancer.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 7:58 am

We would have had a rash of cancer cases in that case---just like there would have been a rash of autism cases--between 1955-1963--if vaccines caused either cancer or autism

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 8:56 am

Exactly --crazy, woo woo pseudo-science. It drives me crazy how pervasive it is.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 11:04 am

Jute wrote:
DJKhaleedBRjan wrote:

It doesn't just seem a "little crackpot," it does in fact seem monumentally deluded.

The government deliberately gave kids Polio in the 1970s? Where, which goverment? Evidence?

That's an understatement she should be put in a insane asylum.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 11:21 am

DJKhaleedBRjan wrote:

No offense, but natural news is about as reliable as fox news and donald trump for information

bluebutterfly91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2019, 3:46 pm

Here's my two cents for what it's worth.

I don't think people are afraid of their children being autistic, as there is a huge spectrum of levels of severity.

I believe it is the stories of a child being completely on time developmentally and they get a shot, have seizures and a fever, and are never the same. There is a percentage of people who have been labeled autistic due to encephalitis (inflammation of the brain). There is a rare possible consequence of both wild type measles and measles vaccine, which is encephalitis. And I believe what antivaxxers are worried about is not autism but brain damage.

There is a massive difference between a child who has autism who may have intense interests and dislike eye contact compared to a 20 year old non verbal boy who is still in diapers due to encephalitis.

But there is a lot of ignorance and many people don't realize that there is a spectrum of autism, and many people don't realize mmr and measles can cause encephalitis.

Anyways that's my opinion is that there are truths on both sides but there becomes an exaggeration on both ends, which turns a very serious and important conversation into an us vs. them, tribalistic, black and white, intellectual stale mate, and everybody's feather's get ruffled.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 4:01 pm

Here's my opinion: Vaccines Do NOT Cause Autism, and people who believe otherwise are either stupid, ignorant, or both.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Barbibul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2019, 2:27 am

It's easy to grossly caricature people who have a different opinion than yours. There are many honest and intelligent people on both sides of the vaccine controversy, there are also some dishonest people on both sides. The good question is why there is still a controversy ?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 10:56 am

Barbibul wrote:
... The good question is why there is still a controversy?
Media hype. Cognitive dissonance. Parents not wanting their children to hate them for the pain and terror caused by the injections.

Oh ... and also stupidity and ignorance.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.