Is BLM really talking about black-on-black crime?

Page 7 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 4:51 am

L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Blacks have conveyed this message to you, over and over again, but you seemingly only listened when sympathetic whites also aired their grievances.
And black cops being especially hard on black criminals is hardly the same as white cops harassing innocent blacks just because they think the color of their skin makes them guilty of something.

Oh, have they? Are you trying to say that BLM speaks for all blacks? They don't.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_co ... ves_matter

It seems a majority of minorities prefer the phrase "all lives matter", a phrase which most BLM activists claim is racist. So how does that work? Are they denying the "black experience" too?

Some blacks are strongly against BLM and would agree largely with me. So are they racist against blacks too? Or is it maybe that they are smart enough to see the BS?

And as far as the cops go, you are literally saying that if a white cop does it, then it's racist, but if it's a black cop, he's just "being hard on them". Explain to me how that is not racist. You act like you know the inner thoughts of white cops. You don't. There is no evidence that they are racist, or any more prone to use excessive force than black cops.

Regardless if not every black American supports Black Lives Matter or not, the fact remains, few of them feel that they are given a fair shake by law enforcement, because they don't.
And no, not every white cop is a racist, but those who are make public relations with the black community that much more difficult.

Prove it, then. If it's so obvious that this happens, show me the evidence. It can't be anecdotal, it has to be real data. I know you can't do it, because it's not there.

I go by what black people themselves say. Can you prove blacks don't live in fear of being wrongfully hassled or even killed by cops?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jul 2016, 5:59 am

This thread was always going to be contentious. Several reports came in from both sides (justifiably) accusing each other of making thinly-veiled accusations of racism, so clearly we can't discuss it sensibly.