Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

frenchyorkie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2016, 8:03 pm

Hi everybody, my name is Paris. I am 15 years old. I also was recommended to join this website a few weeks ago so I just joined last week and started posting today. Some of my interests are playing on my iPod (simulation games and social media apps), listening to music(mostly pop),digital drawing(realistic)and anime. I also play ukulele(2 months), and violin(3 years). I am about to give up on violin though because the music is getting really frustrating to play especially when there is sharps and flats and you have to change positions.

So, as you can tell I'm really into music and art, I hope I'm not the only one who feels like i'll never get better no matter how much I practice because I always seem to fail but eventually over time I get better. I love animals(especially dogs)! ! I have a puppy who is a Yorkie poo(cross between Yorkshire Terrier and Toy Poodle)that I just got near my birthday in May.

A few things I hate are people who pretend like they are my friend, school(mainly the socializing),feeling left out,trying new foods. In school,I feel like whenever I try to start a conversation with somebody I can never think of a way to start it.. so the words never come out of my mouth... But I still am considered normal in school since I answer if somebody asks me something. I just have trouble starting and continuing conversations. So, I am known for being quiet and not talking much.

What I'm looking for on WP is to just find friends who I can chat with that have the same interests or that can help me and are around my age. Btw, sorry if any of this was confusing or long and boring, I just joined this and I'm trying to make new friends.

Have a good day! :heart:

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jul 2016, 10:17 pm

Hello Paris. I'm Nicole. It doesn't really matter, but I have a bad habit of pointing out errors. Are you 14 or 15? It honestly doesn't matter, I just hate errors.

I enjoy music too. I play clarinet, piano, tenor sax, and violin. I mainly play clarinet and I stopped playing violin 6 years ago after my parents' divorced. But I probably could still play a violin.

I love dogs too :D . I work at a pet store right now. It's my mom's store so that's how I got a job. I have four dogs. One at my dads and three at my moms. The one at my dads is a fox-red yellow lab and the three at my moms are a bichon poo (bichon frise and toy poodle), a shih tzu/coton de tulear, and a pure coton de tulear. I work with dogs at my work a lot because we have a dog daycare and I get to see so many cute dogs.

I hate it when others pretend to be my friends, or people only talk to me to get rumors out about me. I am pretty bad at starting conversations that aren't about my interest :? .

I used to not talk a lot, but have been getting better at being more social. Anyways, you seem like a nice person. Nice to read about you :D .

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

comicalArchitect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2016, 4:00 pm

About Yorkie's age: I think the site gets ages wrong when the birthday is close. I'm actually 17, as of last Thursday, but it labels me as 16.

That said, nice to meet you, Yorkie! I'm into pop music as well; who are some of your favorite artists? I personally LOVE Lady Gaga.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:41 pm

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm 17 (almost 18) and I like music and reading and writing and going on the internet.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm

comicalArchitect wrote:
About Yorkie's age: I think the site gets ages wrong when the birthday is close. I'm actually 17, as of last Thursday, but it labels me as 16.

That said, nice to meet you, Yorkie! I'm into pop music as well; who are some of your favorite artists? I personally LOVE Lady Gaga.

Okay. I mentioned it didn't matter. I just point out errors and/or contradictions a lot. And happy belated birthday then :D .

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

frenchyorkie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2016, 6:41 am

comicalArchitect wrote:

I have alot of favorite pop artists.. Ariana Grande,Adele,Bruno Mars,Taylor Swift,Katy Perry,Miley Cyrus,Meghan Trainor,Ruth B and Never Shout Never and tons more haha.. :D

What are your favorite song/s currently? Mine are Lost Boy-Ruth B,Never Shout Never-On the Brightside,
and Bruno Mars-Somewhere in Brooklyn

frenchyorkie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2016, 7:01 am

MentalIllnessObsessed wrote:
Hello Paris. I'm Nicole. It doesn't really matter, but I have a bad habit of pointing out errors. Are you 14 or 15? It honestly doesn't matter, I just hate errors.

I enjoy music too. I play clarinet, piano, tenor sax, and violin. I mainly play clarinet and I stopped playing violin 6 years ago after my parents' divorced. But I probably could still play a violin.

I love dogs too :D . I work at a pet store right now. It's my mom's store so that's how I got a job. I have four dogs. One at my dads and three at my moms. The one at my dads is a fox-red yellow lab and the three at my moms are a bichon poo (bichon frise and toy poodle), a shih tzu/coton de tulear, and a pure coton de tulear. I work with dogs at my work a lot because we have a dog daycare and I get to see so many cute dogs.

I hate it when others pretend to be my friends, or people only talk to me to get rumors out about me. I am pretty bad at starting conversations that aren't about my interest :? .

I used to not talk a lot, but have been getting better at being more social. Anyways, you seem like a nice person. Nice to read about you :D .

I am 15. I have been wanting a dog all my life but never got one till this year because my parents always say it is too much responsibility. I used to have a pet Betta fish named Oscar when I was about 8 or 9 and a Holland Lop rabbit named Snickers when I was 10. That seems so long ago lol.

Have you taught any of your dogs tricks? I always seem to see these dogs on YouTube doing these amazing tricks,but I can't seem to teach my puppy anything besides going to the bathroom outside. She is really smart though, but I think it's normal for puppies to have not that long of an attention span haha. Currently, I am trying to teach her the trick Sit.

frenchyorkie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2016, 7:03 am

TheAP wrote:
Hi, nice to meet you! I'm 17 (almost 18) and I like music and reading and writing and going on the internet.

That's cool.. Nice to meet you too. What are your favorite kind of books to read?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2016, 9:32 am

frenchyorkie wrote:
I have alot of favorite pop artists.. Ariana Grande,Adele,Bruno Mars,Taylor Swift,Katy Perry,Miley Cyrus,Meghan Trainor,Ruth B and Never Shout Never and tons more haha.. :D

What are your favorite song/s currently? Mine are Lost Boy-Ruth B,Never Shout Never-On the Brightside,
and Bruno Mars-Somewhere in Brooklyn

Lost Boy! I love that song. I like a lot of the singers you mentioned.

frenchyorkie wrote:
That's cool.. Nice to meet you too. What are your favorite kind of books to read?

I like just about anything. I like books with interesting main characters, books about autism, sci-fi, fantasy, humour, etc.

willissobored
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2016, 9:44 am

ooh. what simulation games do you play?

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2016, 1:51 pm

frenchyorkie wrote:
MentalIllnessObsessed wrote:

I am 15. I have been wanting a dog all my life but never got one till this year because my parents always say it is too much responsibility. I used to have a pet Betta fish named Oscar when I was about 8 or 9 and a Holland Lop rabbit named Snickers when I was 10. That seems so long ago lol.

Have you taught any of your dogs tricks? I always seem to see these dogs on YouTube doing these amazing tricks,but I can't seem to teach my puppy anything besides going to the bathroom outside. She is really smart though, but I think it's normal for puppies to have not that long of an attention span haha. Currently, I am trying to teach her the trick Sit.

Greetings. I also have a big fish tank, but some some reason one of my big fish disappeared. Like, there was no trace of him one day and currently have no idea where he went. My sister has a pet rabbit called Beans. I used to have Beta fish.

My dogs' tricks depend on the dog. The best one (my lab) knows sit, lie, give (for toys), come, roll over, paw/other paw, stay, catch (toys). She is good off-leash, and doesn't bark. She also knows room (so she goes to her room) and like treat. We can also put a treat on her nose and she won't try to eat it until we say okay. My other dogs know a lot less than my lab. One of my dogs, the bichon poo, knows a thing we call 'bunny', which is that he stands on his back legs and digs in the air repeatedly. It's like beg. It's cute. And they also know "uppie", which means that they jump on our laps.

It'll take some time to teach stuff, but just keep working on it everyday until they have perfected it and don't need a treat (also known as cookie to three of my dogs) anymore.

Are you crate training your dog? It's always a good idea to do this. Are you going to do training classes? Also a good idea.

Jalen_B
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2016, 11:50 pm

Hi my name is Jalen Bishop I am 16 years old i think it is really cool that you like dogs. i really like dogs too my mom has a pitbull that is really affectionate and friendly which her name is missy and my dad has a very cute and energetic pitbull which her name is bonnie. what interests me is building with legos,cars,drawing superheros,superheros, what i tend to have a problem with is knowing what people to talk to, and also how to make friends, and what are the values of a good friend. but anyways i would really like to talk to you.