Hillary admitted her emails are a 'national security issue'

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2016, 7:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How would the hackers obtain the Emails?

(By the way, I'm suspecting that Trump made a poor joke).

The "hack" already happened, many months and maybe years ago and people are just speculating about what information may of been accessed. The people who transferred the information now might have zero connection to the people that originally obtained it and regardless it is in the possession of Wikileaks now. The information is already out there, it just needs to be released.

If they have the emails then by all means release them! Hillary said she deleted them long ago so there is nothing to hack.

alex
Developer
Developer

27 Jul 2016, 7:56 pm

Jacoby, trolling is against the rules on WP so if you continue doing so, action will be taken.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm

To be fair, I've been trollish with Jacoby today as well-- well at least displaying a really nasty attitude towards the spin (it's still 95 degrees out and it's 7 p.m. here, so I've just been cranky as hell all day).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 8:13 pm

Both the Republicans and the Democrats are spin doctors.

Can anybody refer me to a truly neutral news outlet?

I'm serious. This spin-doctor stuff makes me not want to read the news.

I thought journalism valued objectivity above all else.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 8:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Both the Republicans and the Democrats are spin doctors.

Can anybody refer me to a truly neutral news outlet?

I'm serious. This spin-doctor stuff makes me not want to read the news.

I thought journalism valued objectivity above all else.

First that era was 50 years ago, and second it never really existed because the very nature of communication is such that bias will always be there.

But Kraftie, I think what you need is for people to get along, lol. I think you like cohesion, so these political discussions are probably a nightmare for you.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 8:18 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Chronos wrote:
You are correct, he did ask for hackers to turn over e-mails, not hack. The article I had read before I posted was poorly phrased and punctuated by twitter comments.

Oh wow, don't hear that every day on here! I feel like printing and framing this post! :mrgreen:

The media is literally working in collusion with the DNC and Clinton campaign, the DNC leaks confirmed this truth that I've known all along. Nothing from the MSM can be trusted, there is no such thing as 'independent press' in this country it seems. All corporate hacks and ideologues.

I edited a bit so you might want to read up. As I said though, I'm interested foremost in factual information.

That being said, it's difficult to find new stories these days where the journalist has not inserted their sentiments.

I'm skeptical that the comment released by the Clinton campaign is an admission of the existence and content of the e-mails because what would be the strategy of combining an admission with a spin statement?

If it were intended to be an admission, I would expect it to be explicit and contain an apology or some phrase about a mistake, not dressed as an attack on the other candidate.

Also, why would the Hillary campaign give hackers an incentive to keep reading e-mails?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 8:22 pm

alex wrote:
Jacoby, trolling is against the rules on WP so if you continue doing so, action will be taken.

Where am I trolling? Don't punish me because you don't like my opinions. Some people have very thin skin and can't take someone having a difference of opinion from them, I can and hopefully you can as well.

Last edited by Jacoby on 27 Jul 2016, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 8:28 pm

Chronos wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Chronos wrote:
You are correct, he did ask for hackers to turn over e-mails, not hack. The article I had read before I posted was poorly phrased and punctuated by twitter comments.

Oh wow, don't hear that every day on here! I feel like printing and framing this post! :mrgreen:

The media is literally working in collusion with the DNC and Clinton campaign, the DNC leaks confirmed this truth that I've known all along. Nothing from the MSM can be trusted, there is no such thing as 'independent press' in this country it seems. All corporate hacks and ideologues.

I edited a bit so you might want to read up. As I said though, I'm interested foremost in factual information.

That being said, it's difficult to find new stories these days where the journalist has not inserted their sentiments.

I'm skeptical that the comment released by the Clinton campaign is an admission of the existence and content of the e-mails because what would be the strategy of combining an admission with a spin statement?

If it were intended to be an admission, I would expect it to be explicit and contain an apology or some phrase about a mistake, not dressed as an attack on the other candidate.

Also, why would the Hillary campaign give hackers an incentive to keep reading e-mails?

The question is why the Clinton campaign would characterize it as a national security issue, we don't know what Wikileaks has so it is just speculation at this point but if it were her deleted emails as Trump alluded to then that really begs the question. What in the DNC leaks was a risk to national security? Their statement makes no sense.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 8:30 pm

I understand that bias is inevitable. But this campaign is getting ridiculous. Facts are obfuscated by opinion.

It's true: in the early 19th century, reporting was MUCH less objective than it is now. But we are heading back to that early 19th century nadir.

I like cohesion and harmony; but I also understand that debate is necessary in a free society. I don't believe in censorship one bit.