Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 3:29 pm

I have tried to tell people not everyone in the middle east or countries with large Islamic populations are muslims. It's like they think there's no one rebelling against religion or looking to different ideas over there. Apparently everyone is strictly adhering to their parents beliefs and not questioning it whatsoever according to your average american citizen it seems.

It is a good thing, but people should certainly be more aware of it. Also should take note that in some of those places questioning religion and such is more dangerous than it is here...so people are taking a risk by not adhering but they are still doing it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2016, 4:04 pm

I'm pretty sure if you're openly atheist in a lot these countries you face possible execution, look at what they're doing the secularists in Bangladesh! There is a reason why these countries are all officially like 99% Muslim and that is because no one else has human rights and they've been forced to flee the country or worse.

FWIW I would be much more willing to give asylum to atheists from the Middle East as they actually face real persecution just as the Christians and other religious minorities. Same with homosexuals too. I imagine these people are the ones that want to integrate the most. If you are fleeing ISIS or whatever Islamists then you better not share their ideology, we don't need or want you.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 4:13 pm

No doubt some of them will be just going through the motions as well.