Page 5 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 3:08 pm

It's a poverty that a child must die, so that a woman can live her life as she wishes. - Mother Teresa

There was a man who dreamed of abortion and euthanasia. That man was Hitler. Doctors blindly followed in his footsteps by doing genetic research and developing the technology to cause eugenics to happen. There was some British guy who came up with the idea of labelling people as undesirables, but I forget his name. He came up with the idea and Hitler acted on it, 200 years later. The doctors have been blindly following in Hitler's footsteps since 1933. I think that's horrible. I think it's wrong that certain populations have to be wiped out in order for old-fashioned people to feel more comfortable. There is something wrong with weeding people out of the human gene pool because of it. There are a lot of technology around to greatly reduce the health complications of people who have genetic conditions. There are also job training programmes that can assist people with various cognitive disorders find work. There are even reality TV shows around the world that help to make that possible. I think all people who are conceived should be given a chance at life and that people should give them a chance. It would strengthen the economy, but not everybody's going to do that. Not everybody feels the same way I do. The WP Nazi is a staunch Pro-Lifer. Go figure.

Everybody on WP is entitled to their own opinion about this.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 3:43 pm

I've always found Mother Teresa to be overrated. I think she may have been a bit of a sadist - she encouraged people to suffer rather than seek medical treatment.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2016, 5:51 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I've always found Mother Teresa to be overrated. I think she may have been a bit of a sadist - she encouraged people to suffer rather than seek medical treatment.

I remember reading about that, as somehow suffering is a normal thing commonplace to the human condition.Seriously I doubt someone should have to suffer regardless of what form or duration that might take.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 1:05 am

kazanscube wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

I remember reading about that, as somehow suffering is a normal thing commonplace to the human condition.Seriously I doubt someone should have to suffer regardless of what form or duration that might take.

I had no idea about that. Than again, I know nothing.

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2016, 3:14 pm

I request that someone reply to my post.

-Johnnyh

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2016, 2:19 am

johnnyh wrote:
A question we need to ask is what eugenics is:killing off undesirables? Preventing the disease through editing?

We also need to ask whether or not autism is a disorder. Would an autistic person be able to survive in ancient times? The evidence for autism not being entirely inheritable but also being more likely to happen due to pollution and other negative factors like disease in a parent or so on is becoming firmer. Would removing toxins or chemicals from the environment be eugenics if it denies the chance an individual develops the disorder be genocide? How do you all reconcile that?

Another disruption would be the fact evidence is pointing to autism having a pathology in the brain rather than a different brain being born. It is not a Linux to a windows then, it is a windows with something added in.

I leave with this article:
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot ... izophrenia

Just because it exists doesn't make it somehow meant to be. There are numerous accidents in evolution, some are from added complexity making more room for error. If you ask "why does it still exist if it is not beneficial or a gift?". Then there is an answer. Few scientists would be stumped by that question.

You all can disagree if you want, but at least accept and own some of the above is true, or dispute it if you don't think it is.

Autism is by definition a disorder. However, just because something is a disorder doesn't mean it's inherently bad, and it can actually be of huge advantage to the society. Also, the question needs to come is the disorder inherent to the neurology of the person, or is it the result of the way it interacts with society? Disability is ultimately a social construct because evolution doesn't give a damn. There is no right or wrong, only what survives and what doesn't. But just because something ends up dying out doesn't mean it was inferior either, it just means it couldn't survive in the enviroment it was in. The question of whether someone with autism could live in ancient times is completely irrevelant, as we don't live in ancient times. We are a part of nature, and it changes as we change. The question we actually need to ask is 1. can autistic people survive if society supports them and 2. are autistic people valuable for being autistic? For at least some people on the spectrum, the clear answer is "yes" to both points.

If it's not something that's inheritable, it's not covered by eugenics. Eugenics is only considered with bringing about desirable genes. Anyway, there is NO evidence that autism is the result of toxins. What we actually have is evidence that autism isn't entirely genetic (which does NOT mean it's caused by a toxin), and some sketchy correlational studies which have connected autism to just about everything. Further analysis shows what is most likely going on is that toxins can cause mental retardation, and when mental retardation is comorbid with autism an actual diagnosis of autism is signficantly more likely.

Your last point makes absolutely no sense from the perspective of someone who actually understands how mental disorders work.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Bushmaster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Nov 2016, 12:24 pm

there are individuals in society who can't sleep a night without somehow plotting the downfall or utter extermination of those who oppose the notion of conformity all the while they lie to humanity by arguing that such lack of regard for life is for the greater good of the gene pool.

in other words they want to do what the NWO is already doing by enslaving humanity into a perilous orgy of blind obedience along with rigid conformity on steroids.

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." -Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2016, 9:47 pm

If autism is supposedly 100% genetic, then why are there identical twin pairs where one isn't autistic? The epigenome which is susceptible to environmental influence is responsible according to the best science.

The triple hit hypothesis is looking to be a theory.

-Johnnyh

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2016, 1:27 am

johnnyh wrote:
If autism is supposedly 100% genetic, then why are there identical twin pairs where one isn't autistic? The epigenome which is susceptible to environmental influence is responsible according to the best science.

Who said autism is 100% genetic? I specifically stated that we have "evidence that autism isn't entirely genetic". The problem is you don't understand what not being 100% genetic actually implies, thinking it means that there must be toxin involved or something.

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2016, 4:25 am

Ganondox wrote:
johnnyh wrote:

Who said autism is 100% genetic? I specifically stated that we have "evidence that autism isn't entirely genetic". The problem is you don't understand what not being 100% genetic actually implies, thinking it means that there must be toxin involved or something.

The epigenome can be affected by outside factors. What factors do you think they are?

-Johnnyh

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 11:29 pm

johnnyh wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
johnnyh wrote:

The epigenome can be affected by outside factors. What factors do you think they are?

First, the epigenome doesn't even need to get involved to explain it. Second, I actually think they're mainly social factors, not biological ones. When it is biologically, it's probably not that it causes autism, but that it causes mental retardation which in turn makes the autism more likely to be diagnosed.

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2016, 12:50 am

Such as stress or anxiety during pregnancy?

-Johnnyh

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2016, 3:24 am

johnnyh wrote:

No, I mean social factors after birth. Stress and anxiety during pregnancy results in biological factors.

saffron
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2016, 3:28 am

I agree rats_and_cats. I have an alternative argument for why eugenics is BS (at this point in human history) but I am a bit too exhausted to have people argue at me.

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2016, 10:08 am

Ganondox wrote:
johnnyh wrote:

No, I mean social factors after birth. Stress and anxiety during pregnancy results in biological factors.

Why is there a 50/50 chance of autism from Fragile X? It is obviously increased in chances from a syndrome.

-Johnnyh

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 5:11 am

johnnyh wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
johnnyh wrote:

Why is there a 50/50 chance of autism from Fragile X? It is obviously increased in chances from a syndrome.

Fragile X is a genetic disorder, so I don't see what your point is.