Page 7 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Leeds_Demon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Sep 2017, 5:47 pm

@AspieSingleDad: pardon? Please don't mock. From what I've read, maybe I'm not an Aspie at all. Maybe I lied at my assessment (from what I've been told it's quite easy to lie about being autistic), so that I could get benefits, such as DLA/PIP. Trouble is, I haven't been able to claim any benefits.
Maybe, I took the AQ Test and answered how an Aspie might answer.

Why does every Aspie have to have special interests, to the point of being 'anal'? Not every NT has special interests; those that do might even be autistic, who knows? Where, in the official DSM-IV criteria, (with which I was diagnosed - can a two hour assessment, without any testing, actually be used to say that a person has a disorder?), does it say that every Aspie has to have a special interest/special skill/be unemotional/be unable to understand jokes? Nowhere.

Why can't Aspies just be bog standard? If it wasn't for so-called traits, we'd all be normal. Who exactly stated that all Aspies have special skills? An NT 'expert' probably.

Well I don't have any current special interests. Which means I'm just an anti-social person, who prefers her own company. I guess I must have lied....

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2017, 7:41 pm

Model and real trains. Has been my primary obsession since I was a very young child. Love to go out train spotting and enjoying my G scale trains that run on real steam! Dodger

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

18 Sep 2017, 8:54 pm

My "big three" special interests, the ones that really define me are:
-I Love Lucy
-Cedar Point and their roller coasters
-Science in general (medical science and neuropsychiatric disorders, especially bipolar mania, in particular)

I have tons of special interests (most of mine stay with me throughout my life), but those three are the most intense and are the ones that are core to my being. My biggest special interest in elementary school was Archie comics, which I revived in 2013. I've been collecting older ones, mainly Betty and Veronica issues, the last few years. I simply adore the show Riverdale, which has also become a special interest. Season 2 airs on October 11th, and I can't wait! :mrgreen: