Page 1 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 2:25 pm

Democratic fund-raising group for Congress candidates confirms hack

Quote:
A committee that raises money for Democratic candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives confirmed on Friday it had been hacked in an intrusion possibly linked to Russian hackers, similar to an earlier breach targeting another Democratic Party group.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 2:29 pm

"Possibly"

Kinda amusing how social liberals in the US are playing up ze evil Rooskie menace (when it was conservative liberals back in the Cold War doing it). Beyond amusing, actually. Perhaps the most ironic thing in recent history.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 3:49 pm

"conservative liberals" :?: :?

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 7:18 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I'm guessing, of course, but I think what he means by that phrase are the liberals who did not in any way support communism. For example, there were liberals who supported the labor movement but not the communist elements among them. Case in point:

As Ivan Osorio, labor expert at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, notes, “During the Cold War, the AFL-CIO, Teamsters and most major U.S. labor unions were staunchly anti-communist. In fact, the AFL-CIO under Lane Kirkland worked closely with the Reagan administration to aid the Solidarity movement in Poland.”

The interesting thing though is that Dillogic considers it "ironic" that today's social liberals oppose Putin's Russia. It doesn't look "ironic" to me, it looks more like consistency. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 7:24 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I'm guessing, of course, but I think what he means by that phrase are the liberals who did not in any way support communism. For example, there were liberals who supported the labor movement but not the communist elements among them. Case in point:

As Ivan Osorio, labor expert at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, notes, “During the Cold War, the AFL-CIO, Teamsters and most major U.S. labor unions were staunchly anti-communist. In fact, the AFL-CIO under Lane Kirkland worked closely with the Reagan administration to aid the Solidarity movement in Poland.”
The interesting thing though is that Dillogic considers it "ironic" that today's social liberals oppose Putin's Russia. It doesn't look "ironic" to me, it looks more like consistency. :lol:

thanx for the xplanation :) I don't know how any social liberal could be expected to support putin's brand of fascism and suppression of minorities. :scratch:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 7:38 pm

I just don't anticipate a positive outcome should Trump court Putin.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 7:40 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

something like chamberlain versus hitler?

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 8:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

More like Mussolini and Hitler, I should think. Neville's slogan was "peace in our time" while Trump's surely is "war in our time" which is why he wants to build walls.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 8:13 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

More like Mussolini and Hitler, I should think. Neville's slogan was "peace in our time" while Trump's surely is "war in our time" which is why he wants to build walls.

the reason I said chamberlain is because putin is playing trmp like a violin.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 8:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
thoughtbeast wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

the reason I said chamberlain is because putin is playing trmp like a violin.

And you're completely right.

:arrow: Franklin Foer writes on the frightening ways in which Trump seems to be playing right into Vladimir Putin's plans for destabilizing the West.​

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 8:50 pm

^^^ the more I read of that man, the more I am scared for our nation and our future.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 12:34 am

Trump would sell his soul if he thought it would win him the Presidency, so it's no stretch of the imagination that he should make a deal with Putin.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 12:58 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump would sell his soul if he thought it would win him the Presidency, so it's no stretch of the imagination that he should make a deal with Putin.

it is like two gangsters carving up territory or spheres of influence. only thing is, putin will eventually make trump an offer he can't refuse, forcing us to give up more and more.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 1:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

it is like two gangsters carving up territory or spheres of influence. only thing is, putin will eventually make trump an offer he can't refuse, forcing us to give up more and more.

And that's what a Trump Presidency would mean - our allies losing ground to Russian expansion, after begging us for help, all the while Trump justifies all this by saying that said allies hadn't paid enough for defense. By the end of his Presidency, Trump would have given Alaska back to Russia!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 1:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

And that's what a Trump Presidency would mean - our allies losing ground to Russian expansion, after begging us for help, all the while Trump justifies all this by saying that said allies hadn't paid enough for defense. By the end of his Presidency, Trump would have given Alaska back to Russia!

it makes one feel so impotent to be restricted to praying for god's help in the face of such things.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 1:47 am

Hillary and Bill, through the Clinton foundation, received donations and exorbitant speaking fees from Russian interests behind a venture known as Uranium One, which resulted in the acquisition of uranium rights (a core component for nuclear weapons) by those interests. This deal, requiring State Department approval, transpired during her tenure of Secretary of State.

Who exactly represents a clear and present danger?