Page 4 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 5:49 pm

It's obvious that Putin is pulling Trump's heartstrings.

In a NY Daily News cartoon, Trump is a horse, and Putin is riding him, saying "Giddy-up."

A scary scenario, if you ask me.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 6:24 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 11:52 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:

Pretty impressive endorsement for Clinton, if I say so myself.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 1:24 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Considering that Trump has an abysmal record with organized labor at his own businesses, and that he's shipped his own clothing manufacturing overseas, forgive me if I'm skeptical about his real motives.

Actually it's the other way around. Organized labor has an abysmal record with ANY business. Look what the unions did to the twinkie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 1:34 am

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Considering that Trump has an abysmal record with organized labor at his own businesses, and that he's shipped his own clothing manufacturing overseas, forgive me if I'm skeptical about his real motives.

Actually it's the other way around. Organized labor has an abysmal record with ANY business. Look what the unions did to the twinkie.

God forbid that working people should want to share in the American dream.
My dad was a staunch union man, and because of organized labor, we were able to partake in the American dream. D bags like Trump are more interested in greed than sharing the profits of capitalism.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 1:38 am

With so many government regulations to curb unbridled capitalism, unions are redundant. Existing only to perpetuate themselves.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 1:42 am

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I didn't know organized labor had anything to do with the twinkie.

Seriously, Trump is the enemy not only of organized labor, but of small and medium size businesses. He has cheated contractors and the victims of his Trump University scam out of millions. It's no wonder that Trump cozies up to the likes of Vladimir Putin, they're both quite similar.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 1:46 am

Shrapnel wrote:
With so many government regulations to curb unbridled capitalism, unions are redundant. Existing only to perpetuate themselves.

Even back in the days of business screwing over workers, you conservatives tried to tell the rest of us that unions were obsolete. It was nothing more than an attempt to dilute the power of unions back then, and it still is today.
And why do I get the impression that you you speak derisively about the attempt to "curb unbridled capitalism?"

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 2:00 am

So, I guess the DoL, NLRB, OSHA, EEOC, EBSA and MSPB are all superfluous government agencies. My mistake.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 3:42 am

Shrapnel wrote:
So, I guess the DoL, NLRB, OSHA, EEOC, EBSA and MSPB are all superfluous government agencies. My mistake.

You know I never said that. The fact remains, without organized labor looking out for working people, we wouldn't have that alphabet soup of government agencies looking out for the rest of us against the abuses of corporate America.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 4:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

You know I never said that. The fact remains, without organized labor looking out for working people, we wouldn't have that alphabet soup of government agencies looking out for the rest of us against the abuses of corporate America.

Okay that explains the birth of private sector unions, but how can you possibly justify unions in government? Kennedy did the American taxpayer no favors by implementing Executive Order 10988, unless you believe the government to be just as abusive as corporate America.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 4:28 am

Shrapnel wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Okay that explains the birth of private sector unions, but how can you possibly justify unions in government? Kennedy did the American taxpayer no favors by implementing Executive Order 10988, unless you believe the government to be just as abusive as corporate America.

Workers, no matter who they are, deserve representation, lest they get walked over by their employers.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 10:29 am

It is ironic, ultimately, how people somehow think anyone firmly in the 'business establishment', even if not political, is somehow going to reverse all the harm capitalism does which resulted in the current unease.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 10:18 pm

The fact that he wants to crush ISIS will certainly play into Putin's hands ''big league'', the last thing america needs is to obliterate ISIS when they are wreaking havoc over Syria which is a major interest of Russia's due to the naval port (Russia forgave Syria a ton of debt when they allowed it) which gives the black sea fleet access to the Med ie easy access to European waters, otherwise they have to go through the Black Sea and Bosphorus strait via Turkey, if I remember, Russia only has two warm water ports outside of their territory, Tartus on the Syrian coast and Sevastopol in Crimea... Assad also rejected the natural gas pipeline going through his country which will run from Qatar-Turkey if it's built, putting a big dent in Russia's monopoly. Curbstomping ISIS activities is not congruent to american interests if we think of the chessboard and not the surface narrative. I'm not sure how much Trump comprehends of the wider details.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 10:51 pm

he could very well be our last president.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 12:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
he could very well be our last president.

I'm hoping he won't be our President at all.