Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 1:02 pm

Last night, I went out to eat and as I was sitting, I noticed numbness and some pain on my right arm and back, and then noticed that the right side of my face, torso, and legs felt the same. I wondered if it was how I was sitting and I adjusted my position. At around this time, I noticed dizziness/vertigo which has been common for me, and I ate really slowly as I didn't feel very good. I went back to my room, where the feeling persisted for a little while before going away.

Then afterward, I seemed to feel incredibly hungry. I went to sleep. Since waking up, I feel very spacey, with the right side of my body feeling a little numb.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 1:04 pm

That could be the sign of a stroke!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 1:05 pm

http://www.stroke.org/understand-stroke ... e/act-fast

http://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multipl ... cations=40
There are 2 conditions associated with sudden numbness or weakness on one side of body. The links below will provide you with more detailed information on these medical conditions from the WebMD Symptom Checker and help provide a better understanding of causes and treatment of these related conditions.

Stroke

A stroke occurs when blood and oxygen to the brain are cut off, and causes numbness, confusion, and more.
Transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke)

Transient ischemic attacks cause headache, numbness, tingling, or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, and more.

I suggest you call 911 and get help.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 2:32 pm

Hope it's not a stroke! If it persists, it may be good to see a neurologist and get an MRI to rule out multiple sclerosis, as well.

But, it could also be something as innocuous as stress or anxiety, too. Hope you are ok and able to get yourself checked out.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 8:18 pm

Thanks. I checked for those 3 signs; I can smile fine on both sides of my mouth, with my eyes closed I can bring both arms to the same level and hold them there, and I've been able to speak fine.

I do have an appointment already on Monday, so I'll bring it up then.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 12:51 am

Some strokes are small and go unnoticed or present only mild, temporary symptoms. These strokes are known as transient ischemic attacks, or TIAs. They can be an indication of risk for a larger stroke.

Some people with certain clotting disorders, like Factor V Leiden, are at in increased risk for blood clots and stroke. Women on birth control, particularly if they smoke, are also at an increased risk of blood clots and stroke.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 10:26 am

That's very scary.I had something similar happen,vertigo attacks and numbness and tingling on one side of my head and leg.I went to the doc and nothing was wrong.Did some research on my own and discovered Depakote can cause vertigo and other weird symptoms.I quit taking it and the symptoms went away.If you are taking meds look up the side effects.Hope it clears up for you.I was terrified that it was MS.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 1:02 pm

If you havent already: Doctor - Now!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 1:39 pm

I went to the doctor Monday. She said I walk fine, talk fine, and all that. I must just be extra-sensitive to what goes on in my body.