Does anybody else have an intrest in history

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

TheBrownienator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2016, 10:34 pm

Like the title says is there anybody that really likes learning about history and if so what time or subject of history?

For me I'm interested in many different time periods of history but the times I like learning about the most is the classic era in Greece and Italy, Alexander the Great and the Diadochi Wars, Charlemagne, WW1, WW2, and the Cold War.

Rare like a Panda
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2016, 2:02 pm

Hi! I have an avid interest in The Renaissance, The Reformation, WW1, WW2 and The Cold War also. It is surprisingly hard to find people with these shared interests!
What aspects of the subjects you have mentioned do you enjoy most?

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2016, 12:21 am

I love learning about US and world history as well as cultures and geography. I have an even greateer interest in historical weapons and warfare. If I am watching a documentary or drama and hear about something I'm unfamiliar of, I then research it and learn all I can about it. I do the same with video games.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Math you couldn't do unless you had an IQ of 184.

WyoViking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2016, 7:40 pm

Yes, my longest obsession, that started up when I was around 6 (I'm 23), has been related to military history, it started with WWII, and by now, I have an extremely large understanding of most military conflicts over the whole course of written human history, although I still need to work on Asia's military history,

I'm huge into Military history and PC gaming, I also hike a lot.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 7:43 pm

I'm enraptured by historical slices of time that still echo today and shaped the world we see and we used to see. Political and military are always welcome in my thinking space! I've recently bought a book that tells you in insane depth the role other parts of the british empire had during world war 2 so I'm looking forward to educating myself and expanding my knowledge on world war 2's complexities. I've rarely came across detailed accounts of how the rest of the british empire contributed to the war effort and the specifics of the supply lines and such, I would have looked around for this eventually but I saw the book on offer and thought I'd get a gigantic dollop of info in one place I can dip in and out of :mrgreen:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 8:43 pm

My avatar sort of defines my interest in musicology. As I told one of the other guys in my church choir last night (the choir director is heavily into "praise band" music (ugh!), when he said he preferred the oldies (namely Fanny Crosby and Lowell Mason hymnody), I told him same here, but my specialty was pre-18th century church music, mostly the music of Martin Luther and Heinrich Schuetz. He responded back, yeah, that's definitely oldies :) !

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Sep 2016, 8:34 pm

@WyoViking you should watch Deadliest Warrior, Ancient Black Ops, and WWII Spy School. just like, fully immerse yourself in the beauty that is military/war documentaries. That's what I do.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

WyoViking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Oct 2016, 8:01 am

JoeyFlash wrote:
@WyoViking you should watch Deadliest Warrior, Ancient Black Ops, and WWII Spy School. just like, fully immerse yourself in the beauty that is military/war documentaries. That's what I do.

Man, you know, Deadliest Warrior just fills me with rage every time I watch it, they get so many things wrong.

I'm huge into Military history and PC gaming, I also hike a lot.

JoeyFlash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Oct 2016, 4:41 pm

It was interesting to the 10 year old me, but I get what you are saying.

Who's there?

Matthew.

Matthew who?

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Oct 2016, 10:55 pm

Love it all!

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 11:00 pm

Not an interest an obsession.

I knew all the Kings and Queens of England before I learnt left from right literally.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2016, 4:42 pm

I have a significant interest in history. I am attending college, majoring in history.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 4:42 pm

I really love history and documentaries! :)

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:34 pm

I've always liked history. I especially like European history, anything having to do with Germany, the Holocaust, and the Black Plague.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 10:47 pm

Keladry wrote:
I've always liked history. I especially like European history, anything having to do with Germany, the Holocaust, and the Black Plague.

I never had a special interest in history, but I did have one on diseases and the Black Plague.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 4:08 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Keladry wrote:

I never had a special interest in history, but I did have one on diseases and the Black Plague.

Nice :) I've read quite a books on this topic from the library, and it's always fun. Others around me though are like, what on earth are you reading?? :D