Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 7:13 am

androbot01 wrote:
Trump's own wife is an immigrant. And I think there were some issues with her visa because she worked as a model on a non-work visa. Anyway the irony is astronomical.

It is more hypocritical than ironic.

I've said all along he is populist. He wants to be present he will say almost anything to get elected, but then again Clinton is similar, her position on gay marriage changed only when 50% of the population disagreed with her.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 8:12 am

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Mootoo wrote:
What else can they do except hammer in his bad attributes and foreign connections? And what usually happens except 'dirty politics'? Republicans want it as dirty as possible, clearly... but if they'd only engage on the personal, negative level how else would anyone reciprocate sensibly? Also, wbport, just parroting that without also mentioning that this other nominee was actually bailed out by the Saudis more than once... kind of tired of repeating that, but then again his supporters' programming probably filters it out automatically while loading the next tweet of his...

BaalChatzaf, cults per se have never been illegal, so that can't be the only qualification... many sites list a number of clear signs that the more it goes on the more cultish it became (and sure, others in the past had supporters etc. but not to this degree of almost religious fervour) - here's another that seems to make sense: http://www.dailywire.com/news/5248/10-i ... en-shapiro - even on this board, with reference to the 'truth' as if somehow, out of all the possibilities in the world, he somehow has exclusive access to it... I wonder how many know of epistemology.

For many centuries and ages, blow-hards have claimed to know more than they actually do. So there is nothing new or cult like here. Germans voted for Hitler or obeyed Hitler because they believed the Fuhrer knows best. That is not cult behavior. That is all to typical normal behavior where person A lets person B do A's thinking for them

So you're saying that Trump supporters are no different than Nazism ( WP Trump supporters all thank you for saying that). And since Nazism is considered by most to be the prime example of a political cult that means that Trump support is also a cult. Therefore Trump support IS a cult. And because Trump support is a cult- it is therefore.... NOT a cult. 8O

iIn other words you are saying that A is like B, and B is an example of C, therefore A is also an example of C, therefore A is NOT an example of C.

I dont quite follow your logic.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 8:46 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I dont quite follow your logic.

Physics, math, and logic break down inside the "bubble"-- they're replaced by testosterone, blind obedience, and anger. The thing to remember is that the "bubble" is a completely different dimension than reality, using a tool from reality, such as logic, will always compute wrong.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Yeah, Hillary's slimy. Makes me wish Bernie had done better.

He did the best he could. The system was rigged. Just read the Podesta emails.
The Clinton campaign bought the super delegates, their super PACS and the media were one and the same. They could to edit the stories before they went online. Bernie was a huge thorn in Clinton's side and had it been another candidate he would've won (fairly).

Back to topic:
Trumpism is having a cult-like effect on the populous. Some no doubt treat it like one and he unashamedly refers to it as a movement. Populism at it's finest. Whether or not it's what America needs at this moment in time (at least until something better comes along) is up for debate. Just be glad Trumpism is no Heaven's Gate, I suppose.

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jan 2018, 5:08 am

I reckon that description is one letter off. Replace the l with another letter of the alphabet and you'll have it.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2018, 5:42 am

No. We should not call Trump and his followers a "cult" because "cult" is a meaningless term that is used for emotional manipulation. It's a buzzword.

Trump has put innocent human lives in danger several times. We should focus on that instead of relying on buzzwords.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran