Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 7:42 pm

While it's stretching the definition of industrial slightly... such a classic:

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 8:59 pm

It was huge in the 90s when I was in college, so yeah. Ministry rules.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:13 am

I just saw KMFDM in Austin a while ago. They exceeded my expectations greatly and even did an encore. I also met the band members except for the drummer after the show! I will definitely try to catch them again and I have newfound conviction to keep with my music tastes. I will no longer doubt liking the music I enjoy and the Bible Belt can just f**k itself.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm

I really liked :wumpscut: all through high school. :twisted:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:33 am

i mean what is the true definition of "industrial music"?

is it some inferred thing because someone "cool" with lot's of personality coined the term with an "infectious expression" on their face, and it caught on?

or is it music about industry?
is it the lyrics that make it "industrial" or the actual music?

like the sounds of industry that i can imagine are things like "pile drivers" which ram tubes into the ground,
or the sound of steam escaping after a valve has been opened? or just any old "hard edged" monotonous rhythm?

i don't know.

so i think the generic term "metal" refers to the fact that the wave form of the instruments contributing are mainly "square wave" and sound hard edged.

i am not a stupid person, but i can never understand "genre" descriptions of music.

so i think of deep purple's "smoke on the water" and it sounds industrial to me, but i know afficianado's will say it is not.

i had a go at it, but it's not industrial really because i infuse jazz into it due to my personality.

https://clyp.it/2sudhy21

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:41 am

this is genius on every level and sounds kind of what i would think is describable as "industrial"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=683MMIVZUfw

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 8:35 pm

b9 wrote:

is it some inferred thing because someone "cool" with lot's of personality coined the term with an "infectious expression" on their face, and it caught on?

like the sounds of industry that i can imagine are things like "pile drivers" which ram tubes into the ground,
or the sound of steam escaping after a valve has been opened? or just any old "hard edged" monotonous rhythm?

i don't know.

so i think the generic term "metal" refers to the fact that the wave form of the instruments contributing are mainly "square wave" and sound hard edged.

i am not a stupid person, but i can never understand "genre" descriptions of music.

so i think of deep purple's "smoke on the water" and it sounds industrial to me, but i know afficianado's will say it is not.

i had a go at it, but it's not industrial really because i infuse jazz into it due to my personality.

You're overthinking: 'heavy metal' was coined before 'metal' and likely derives from a line in a Steppenwolf song.

Industrial music likely is derived from the slogan used by Industrial Records Industrial Music for Industrial People.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 9:50 pm

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 10:17 am

I enjoyed this on headphones at work.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 1:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:
b9 wrote:

i don't know.

You're overthinking: 'heavy metal' was coined before 'metal' and likely derives from a line in a Steppenwolf song.

Industrial music likely is derived from the slogan used by Industrial Records Industrial Music for Industrial People.

yeah but it's supposedly a bloody genre.
"genre's" all have a particular flavor.

it's like saying "this is "sony music"

yeah but that doesn't mean a thing.
sorry
i'm just nit cut out for this ragey thought stuff.

like i suspected "metal" referred almost to the wave type of the instruments being mainly "saw tooth waves" rather than sine waves (which are far more acceptable to my ear).

but you know? i'm just one person on this crowded planet that is bereft of understanding.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 1:53 am

staremaster wrote:

I enjoyed this on headphones at work.

well to me, that sounds like just garbage.
to me it speaks in a foreign language.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 7:08 am

I am deeply concerned.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 7:21 am

Pushing into Metal territory here, but I feel that this song has strong Industrial vibes.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:20 am

well someone said to try and do a metallica song.

well here, but i can not do it well.
i am a robot.
i used an organ to try to get emotion but whatever.
http://clyp.it/5j0l3oqt

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 10:02 am

b9 wrote:
well someone said to try and do a metallica song.

well here, but i can not do it well.
i am a robot.
i used an organ to try to get emotion but whatever.
http://clyp.it/5j0l3oqt

Pretty good for a robot, don't be so hard on yourselfs.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 2:23 pm

Apparently this is Al Jourgensen's least favorite Ministry song. I wonder if he hates it more than the stuff he did during Ministry's synthpop period. :P

(Seizure warning)

Here's a song Uncle Al hasn't spoken negatively of. Seizure warning may still apply.