What's your personality type according to Myer-Briggs?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What's your personality type?
INTJ 36%  36%  [ 25 ]
INTP 20%  20%  [ 14 ]
ENTJ 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
ENTP 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
INFJ 20%  20%  [ 14 ]
INFP 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
ENFJ 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
ENFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTJ 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
ISFJ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ESTJ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ESFJ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ESTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ESFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 69

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2016, 4:34 pm

Greetings. I was wondering if there is a correlation between personality type and specifically, autism, but if you aren't diagnosed or are NT, that's fine too to answer.
Here is the link to the test:
https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

It takes less than 12 minutes. I find this is a good site to take it, but if you already know yours, then that's cool too. Cheers :D

*Note* Excludes the fifth character trait (assertive vs turbulent)

Also, if you more in the middle of two of the types, choose the one you most relate to in terms of its description. I know no one will be 100% one type. Like, all the traits will be 100%, which will give that personality a 100% result, which would be nearly impossible for a person to be like that.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 7:12 pm

I got INTJ on that test.

I used to get INFJ, which I never thought sounded quite right.

Apparently female INTJ's are rare~. ^.^

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 12:04 am

It varies, because the MBTI is silly. The only consistent part is the IN. The next two letters? Who knows!?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 3:53 am

AJisHere wrote:
It varies, because the MBTI is silly. The only consistent part is the IN. The next two letters? Who knows!?

Your personality develops as the years go by, i've done the test a few times (averaging out the results) and i'm going from INTP to INTJ, but mostly INTP.

EDIT: Took the test again for fun, and now i'm INTJ...

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 10:12 am

Ichinin wrote:
Your personality develops as the years go by, i've done the test a few times (averaging out the results) and i'm going from INTP to INTJ, but mostly INTP.

EDIT: Took the test again for fun, and now i'm INTJ...

Take it next week and see if that changes.

It's not very reliable or consistent.

Reptile
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Aug 2016, 7:35 pm

INTJ

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 7:41 pm

intp

been getting intp or equivalent for at least ten years in every jungian-type test out there

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 8:01 pm

My results vary a lot, so I'm not sure I trust Myer-Briggs. I always get an I and a J, but as for the two letters in between... I think I'm an INTJ, but I can't say for sure.

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 11:45 pm

Done it a few times now and results are 2x INFJ and 1x INFP,

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 12:02 am

AnaHitori wrote:
My results vary a lot, so I'm not sure I trust Myer-Briggs. I always get an I and a J, but as for the two letters in between... I think I'm an INTJ, but I can't say for sure.

You're wise not to trust it. It's not as bad as astrology, but it's closer to that than it is to actual science. It would be best if people just did it for fun, but some people take it quite seriously.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 12:09 am

AJisHere wrote:
You're wise not to trust it. It's not as bad as astrology, but it's closer to that than it is to actual science. It would be best if people just did it for fun, but some people take it quite seriously.

yes, that's the real problem with it. the principle behind it is not so bad, it's just not fleshed-out. because, unlike the freudian lineage, it was practically disowned and cast aside by all fields that resemble science (let's face it: even real psychology is not science)

and then the problem isn't even so much that "some people" take it too seriously, which is just annoying, but businesses take it seriously. it's the kind of thing i wouldn't be surprised to see taking huge proportions in an orwellian kind of scenario. it's really what it's marketed towards. the whole thing is full of copyrights and trademarks and patents and whatnot. it's an industry, with someone making loads of money thanks to it. they just don't mind all those unofficial quizzes out there because it helps spread the word and belief that it's "widespread knowledge" and that they just happen to be applying it. it's fairy dust for middle management

in practice i think jungian typology in general (ignoring the issue with the mbti® in particular) is something that helps you ask yourself good questions, but doesn't actually give you any answers. which i think is closer to the real soul of psychology than the authoritative image that is often associated with the field. it's not supposed to be a subfield of science (unlike psychiatry), it's supposed to be a subfield of philosophy

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 1:32 am

Yeah... pretty much!

WoW_Wow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2016, 8:06 pm

Your personality type is:
Logistician (ISTJ-t)
This is all very interesting. Now give me the facts.
Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
18%
82%
Introverted
Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
44%
Intuitive
56%
Observant
Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
69%
Thinking
31%
Feeling
Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
70%
Judging
30%
Prospecting
Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
47%
Assertive
53%
Turbulent

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 7:13 am

The test is flawed. It gives me INTP which most probably the correct answer but in the past the test used to give me also ISTJ and ISTP, both which descriptions I only agree in about half.

Why? Because I consider myself practical (compared with my airhead ESFP mom - she is all about pretty stuff which isnt practical at all, I prefer plain stuff that work to beautiful stuff that just stand there, I am a minimalist), I don't like changes (anxiety - I am afraid before a change happens despite the fact once it actually happens I accommodate easily) and I am a good troubleshooter (my creativity in fixing home problems is MacGyver style, I use common tools in uncommon ways, I need to open a shut door? A spoon or a pencil will do the trick).

I know I am not ISTJ because I just can't stand formal organization and I do best when I have a lot of freedom to make my own choices (although I need a guideline, supervision or clear objective so I won't stray too far, not because I won't get any results then but because the results I get won't be what others wanted me to do :D).
And I am not an ISTP because I could care less about fast cars, sport and stuff that simply look cool. If something works cool I am am all about it even if it looks plain, but as long as something just looks cool and inside is like everything else - bleh.

I believe reading about functions is more accurate way to tell types apart: http://personalityjunkie.com/myers-brig ... -function/

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 9:15 am

It's just a bit of fun. Obviously individual variables are too great to box people so simply with any accuracy.
I got INTJ, which is faintly annoying - what good is loads of potential when you can never go anywhere with it because you're a nonfunctional autistic?

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 11:48 pm

The last few times I took this test I got INTP. I have gotten INTJ before though.