Are mods kept an eye on? How are they selected? Any vetting?

Page 10 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

SlowMazorati
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2016, 4:08 am

I've only had positive responses to my posts by mods. No warnings or anything. So I guess I've not written anything inappropriate. If ever I do, then I would appreciate being told so. Thanks mods. I think you try to read as much as possible. I couldn't. There are things i actually don't want to read! That's personal preference, not a criticism of the posters! :D

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 4:48 am

I support the mods. I've only had a run in once but thats due to my not realisin what I had written may have been interpreted differently.

I can't help but feel that some people antagonise mods :roll:

Questioning how someone gets their job is a bit rude imo

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 5:02 am

Mootoo wrote:
How is it possible that threads can't be discussed? That's like saying in a court that evidence can't be examined, but somehow the case proceeds.

Unfortunately this is not a court of law. Your membership here is a privelage not a right and by using this forum you are agreeing to the terms of service. One of the terms of service lists unnaceptable behaviour as

Quote:
discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

This may seem like an unfair rule especially if one of your threads is locked but it is a common rule on forums and nothing new.
I dont want to seem harsh but take it from someone who knows , if you keep harping on about it you might get labled as a troublemaker and every post you make will be monitored, not just by mods but by members who police the site looking for infractions and if you rock the WP boat too much you will be made to walk the plank ( banned ).

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:10 am

Alliekit wrote:

Oh, my mistake, Assad should totally not be questioned. Putin neither, especially if in Russia.

No one has any right to be a dictator!

Ferris, I frankly couldn't care less. There are better designed fora out there, way better managed, with possibly less neuroticism.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:29 am

Mootoo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Oh, my mistake, Assad should totally not be questioned. Putin neither, especially if in Russia.

No one has any right to be a dictator!

Ferris, I frankly couldn't care less. There are better designed fora out there, way better managed, with possibly less neuroticism.

This isn't a country it's a site developed by a person. That person has the right to decide the content on their site.

Just because your not a fan of the rules in place doesn't make it a dictatorship and is insulting to people who live in dictatorship countries

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:36 am

Mootoo wrote:

Ok dude , can't say I didn't try.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:38 am

Alliekit wrote:
This isn't a country

Well, should we come up with a neologism then? The main difference is physicality... dictatorships are still dictatorships if they fulfil the basic definition.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:41 am

Mootoo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
This isn't a country

Well, should we come up with a neologism then? The main difference is physicality... dictatorships are still dictatorships if they fulfil the basic definition.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 10:57 am

Mootoo wrote:

Well... The Evil Dictators of Evil Dictatorship haven't yet implemented serfdom on WrongPlanet ...

... so you are free to leave this website - which you clearly have nothing but contempt for - in favor of these better designed fora at any time, Motoo...

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2016, 6:03 pm

Well, I'm just hoping people will mellow out.

Last edited by The_Walrus on 24 Oct 2016, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Edited out off-topic nonsense. Please keep political discussions in PPR.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2016, 3:12 pm

@the walrus Sorry I got carried away

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 1:43 am

A Walrus actually still needs to tell me exactly how what a councillor said is satire when it happened for real.

Also, viewtopic.php?t=330987&p=7333419#p7333419 - if it's not unlocked then by its absurd definition of 24 hours, which was ages ago, I'll simply recreate it...

Seriously, this begs to be slightly more logical...

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Oct 2016, 4:16 am

It wasn't exactly what he said, it was an absurd extrapolation of an already absurd comment.

Mootoo, seriously, just contain all your Trump stuff to a single thread. That way you can essentially post as much as you want without annoying people nearly as much; just make sure you stick to the rules about personal attacks against other users/groups and such. Create a thread called "why Trump should not be president" or something and post all your links in there and I will make an effort to stop it being locked for anything outside your control.

@Saveferris don't worry :)

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Oct 2016, 8:58 am

Can we have a survivor style vote off the Island in PPR? I think I know who I and most other regulars on the board would vote for. I think the moderating in PPR is pretty terrible that it allows certain posters to ruin discourse, I have no idea how some have been tolerated so long. People that do not contribute to the board, only providing vitriol and hate with no hint of a coherent thought or constructive dialogue should have their posting privileges taken away. I think the board is tired of some deranged person screaming that about nazis, sexual fetishes, cults, and other bizarre insulting things. I literally got a board warning for saying 'dodo' once and this straight up abuse is allowed? Give me a break, the board is going to die with moderating like this. Congratulations on being so fair and balanced! :roll:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2016, 4:15 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I literally got a board warning for saying 'dodo'

[sarcasm] and rightly so , what a vile thing to say [/sarcasm] :P

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2016, 7:03 am

Jacoby wrote:
Can we have a survivor style vote off the Island in PPR? I think I know who I and most other regulars on the board would vote for. I think the moderating in PPR is pretty terrible that it allows certain posters to ruin discourse, I have no idea how some have been tolerated so long. People that do not contribute to the board, only providing vitriol and hate with no hint of a coherent thought or constructive dialogue should have their posting privileges taken away. I think the board is tired of some deranged person screaming that about nazis, sexual fetishes, cults, and other bizarre insulting things. I literally got a board warning for saying 'dodo' once and this straight up abuse is allowed? Give me a break, the board is going to die with moderating like this. Congratulations on being so fair and balanced! :roll:

How I see it, that individual is treating the conservatives with the foul attitude many of the left leaning posters wish they could treat us like, which is why he's getting very fair treatment. If he is moderated as he should be there is no one there to do their dirty work. You could write that off as a conspiracy theory but it would be unfair to given that we are allowing someone to link an election candidate with sex cults, fetishes, Hitler and all sorts of other mumbo jumbo.

PPR is slowly becoming more barren of sensible and educated political discourse. I like that the sub board encourages new speakers to the table but the bar has been set incredibly low and it's ruining the experience for everyone else.