If a serious movie about Asperger's was made...

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 9:17 am

Has anyone seen the movie The Zero Effect? I don't think it was intended as anything to do with Aspergers or Autism, but it's a private detective movie loosely inspired by Sherlock Holmes and the main character Daryl Zero has social issues. The weird thing is when he is investigating a case undercover, he can be social as he is playing a character to get information from people, but when the case over and he's not working, he retreats to his penthouse office. He won't even meet his own clients in person; he has an assistant do all that for him.

It's an odd detective story dramedy, but I think it's close to the type of movie production you're describing.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 10:08 am

VIDEODROME wrote:
Has anyone seen the movie The Zero Effect? I don't think it was intended as anything to do with Aspergers or Autism, but it's a private detective movie loosely inspired by Sherlock Holmes and the main character Daryl Zero has social issues. The weird thing is when he is investigating a case undercover, he can be social as he is playing a character to get information from people, but when the case over and he's not working, he retreats to his penthouse office. He won't even meet his own clients in person; he has an assistant do all that for him.

It's an odd detective story dramedy, but I think it's close to the type of movie production you're describing.

I'll have to watch it, though it doesn't really sound like what I was describing other than the dramedy aspect. I was really thinking of something a lot more raw and low budget, something Canadians seem to do well with (FUBAR and Trailer Park Boys were both made in Canada. :D)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302585/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 The trailer for this makes it seem more rowdy than it really is, like all of the scenes shown are in the movie, but it's not like non-stop fighting and drunkenness. :P