Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

LeaPoufyPony
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2016, 12:51 pm

So 2 weeks ago , I was telling 2 of my co-workers that I have to go for my road test soon but I haven't mastered parallel Parking. One of the guys said he can teach me and knows a very easy way to do it. Him and I joke around allot and he seems like a nice guy.I said sure ,we set the date and he gave me his number to text him.

We subsequently met on the day we arranged and practiced for about 15 min .It was during rash hour ...so we decided to set it for another day.Then 2 days later , I learned a much easier way to parallel park from yutube video.I even nailed it when I went to practice on my own. So I texted him and told him we don't have to meet up anymore because I now know how to parallel park.He said cool...every time I see him at work, he always ask me how the parallel practice is going. He suggested that he would like to see me parallel park but I just brushed it off.Then yesterday he messaged me and ask me how my practice is going. I said good and we exchanged messages about the road test and stuff.Then he mentioned again that he wants to see me parallel park.I said ok, he even offered to drop by because he was in my area dropping someone off, according to him.I told him that I was busy but I will see the next day when I get home from work. And promised to text him to see if he's available. Well I wasn't really up to it and I decided staying in and relax in my apartment was better so I never texted him.

The next time I saw him at work ,I didn't even bring it up and neither did he. He asked me if I pass my road test and we exchanged talked for bit then went on with our business. I :twisted: kind of feel bad for flaking on him but I'm not interested in anything more than just being cool with each other at work

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2016, 1:29 pm

I think you did fine. No one is that interested in another's exact technique. So I suspect he was really interested in parallel parking with you. You have to indicate you are not interested somehow.