I went on a reality dating show called Love at First Kiss

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 5:34 am

I dunno why, but from Alex everything felt genuine, but everything from her side felt staged for me: the overconfident way she walked, her smiles, and even her side of the kiss, and the way she left.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 6:01 am

he looked like "hey. i'm here, i suppose". she looked like "i'm on tv"

can't see the point of it, to be honest. to each their own, i suppose

alex
Developer
Developer

20 Aug 2016, 11:00 am

helloarchy wrote:
Thanks for the link Alex! That was good, it really put across how autism can make those first dating bits so much more intense. They're intense for anyone, but having autism really adds another layer. I'm glad the show didn't hide or cover any of it up, they really just put it all there for us to feel all the emotions too.

Hopefully this will give an understanding for those without autism to see how it can be. I honestly can't imagine how difficult that must've been for you to film that. It's incredibly difficult normally, let alone with a beautiful woman and a film crew watching and recording everything. Thanks for helping to raise awareness and understanding.

Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were with portraying the autism elements. Was worried the editing might have made me look bad or misrepresented autism but it actually turned out to be a very positive portrayal that will hopefully educate people unfamiliar with autism.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 11:59 am

So did you find true love on a reality dating show? If so, you may have made history for that alone ;). How awkward is it with a camera crew in the room with you the whole time?

I've always wondered how much on shows like these is actually "real", and how much is just artificial fluff to attract viewers. They always seem to be based more on lust and superficiality rather than actually developing a true connection with one another. While I didn't watch the entire thing, I echo FaceOfBoo's comment that you seemed to be by far the most genuine person on the program, and I really respect that. Not to mention, it seemed to work in your favor on there.

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Aug 2016, 10:45 am

A lot of reality shows are staged. Like I'm actually not bad at golf. They purposely cut together different angles of one shot of me swinging to make it look like I was bad when in reality I'm not.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 2:24 pm

^ because they want to impose on you the image of the "typical awkward geek".

The girl they picked for you doesn't seem to me at all the type of girls who might like a guy of your type, alex.
I knew it right away the moment I saw her walking into the studio.
I knew it would be a failed match, and probably that what they wanted, they picked someone so opposite to make drama.

Honestly she reminds me of those "hottie girls" who like to giggle with the hot trainer at the gym and take sexy selfie poses with him for Instagram all the time.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Aug 2016, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 2:31 pm

Plenty of "hottie" types go for geek/nerd/techie types. You'd be surprised!

The romance in "Big Bang Theory" wasn't at all unrealistic, in my opinion. Between the guy in the glasses and the next-door neighbor.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 4:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
next-door neighbor.

that's what makes it believable. catwalk girl: not believable. "hottie" or not is secondary compared to that difference. it's all about a shared context

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Aug 2016, 9:14 am

I thought they did a pretty good job with the matching actually

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 12:38 pm

It's just what you thought.

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I find it amusing that you claim to know my type when you've never met me or anyone I've dated, lol. Pretty ridiculous.

Dr.Pepper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2016, 9:45 pm

Alex is a smooth operator. 8)

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 3:05 pm

alex wrote:

I can't see that video, probably because of my browser. Anyway Alex, you've already seemed to of had some better luck with dating than what I've had and you're younger than me. So, you're dating an NT now?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 1:07 am

alex wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I find it amusing that you claim to know my type when you've never met me or anyone I've dated, lol. Pretty ridiculous.

I am your Big Brother.

O.O

Ok good luck then.

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Aug 2016, 8:19 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
alex wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I am your Big Brother.

O.O

Ok good luck then.

Haha, thank you brother. 8)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

30 Aug 2016, 11:25 am

I knew it. I saw it on TV dude the other day, haha