Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BreeZaps
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2016, 12:21 am

Hello I am new here. I was diagnosed with Autism around the age of 5. I was never toilet trained until I was 5 (my mom was a bad mom) AND never spoke until I was 5. I am 19 now and I still live with my Dad (single Dad's rock) and I just finished high school.

I am also asexual if that matters. I really love cats. I strangely connect with animals better then with people.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Oh I also love Pokemon. Any Luxray fans out there? :D

I also love thunderstorms (cough username cough) I love sitting and watching them or hearing them. It's highly interesting.

I also hate the term "aspie" It's just... ew. I hate those "cute" nicknames.

Just a thing but I really hate seeing stories about people's bad experiences with Autism or other things. It just upsets me or gets me mad so I try to avoid it.

And right now I have a crush on a person who also has autism so I'll update you guys on how it goes.

:heart: you guys.

Quick question. Is there a difference between Autism and Aspergers? My whole life I have been told I have Autism and not Aspergers. So when I was filling out my Profile I got stuck at the diagnosis part for a little bit.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 2:15 pm

Hey BreeZaps welcome. :sunny:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 2:22 pm

Hi, welcome! I recognize your username from AVEN. As for the difference between autism and Asperger's, in the DSM-IV they were two separate diagnoses. The difference was that Asperger's couldn't coincide with language delay or intellectual disability, and also Asperger's required fewer symptoms overall. But in the DSM-5, the current edition, Asperger's was removed as a diagnosis and was folded under autism. So it's basically the same thing now.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 4:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 5:50 pm

Hello Bree and welcome to WrongPlanet :)

23andaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Aug 2016, 10:29 pm

Hi neighbor :D

Sorry if my username annoys you but I can't change it lol. It's more of a reference, though, to my interest in genetics (23andme) and the fact that I was diagnosed at the age of 23, than trying to be cute or anything.

I'm asexual too. It's been established that there is a minor correlation between autism spectrum disorders and asexuality, though the reasons behind that correlation aren't known. Are you on ace-book?

Axis I: 299.80 Asperger's Syndrome, 314.00 Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Predominantly Inattentive Type
Blog: http://www.23andaspie.com

BreeZaps
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2016, 1:17 am

TheAP wrote:
Hi, welcome! I recognize your username from AVEN. As for the difference between autism and Asperger's, in the DSM-IV they were two separate diagnoses. The difference was that Asperger's couldn't coincide with language delay or intellectual disability, and also Asperger's required fewer symptoms overall. But in the DSM-5, the current edition, Asperger's was removed as a diagnosis and was folded under autism. So it's basically the same thing now.

surprised you remember me. I barley post there lol.

And thanks.

23andaspie wrote:
Hi neighbor :D

Sorry if my username annoys you but I can't change it lol. It's more of a reference, though, to my interest in genetics (23andme) and the fact that I was diagnosed at the age of 23, than trying to be cute or anything.

I'm asexual too. It's been established that there is a minor correlation between autism spectrum disorders and asexuality, though the reasons behind that correlation aren't known. Are you on ace-book?

what is ace book

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 8:21 pm

I play the earlier pokémon games a few times a year, I am terrible at getting familiar with the later masses of pokémon, my favourite is still Gengar, Ditto or Butterfree, some of the bug ones surprise you with what they billow up into.