Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

josh97
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Aug 2016, 10:39 am

hi there i feel like everybody is staring at me and my mum doesn't see it how i see it and it putting me off me having lots of fun and i don't know what to do anymore and i also feel very stressed and anxious about the future and i feel like i can't do it anymore and i keep thinking like i am doing something very wrong and i cant stop it. i don't like feeling autistic anymore either.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm

It sounds like you might have some problems with paranoia. You might benefit from seeing a counselor about it. I hope you feel better soon.

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm

josh97 wrote:
hi there i feel like everybody is staring at me and my mum doesn't see it how i see it and it putting me off me having lots of fun and i don't know what to do anymore and i also feel very stressed and anxious about the future and i feel like i can't do it anymore and i keep thinking like i am doing something very wrong and i cant stop it. i don't like feeling autistic anymore either.

Try giving people the same kind of kindness that you would like them to give you. If they are acting strange by staring at you, try to understand that this might be because something is wrong in their head. It might not have anything to do with you. So try to be compassionate and don't get mad at them for acting so strange.

Most people look around at other humans as they move through their environment. This is normal. They are looking at you, but its not anything mean or malicious. They are just looking.

If a non-autistic person wants to start communicating with you, the first thing they will do is look for eye contact. If you are autistic, and you don't respond by looking at them, they are likely to just look harder, or take it to mean that you don't want to talk. This might feel like they are staring at you, but they are really thinking that they would like to talk to you. Most people don't even think about this. They do it instinctively.

RabidFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2016, 12:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Can you elaborate on your problem?