Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 5:19 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hil ... 73444f2307

She doesn't exaggerate. Trump is that bad.

Some noteworthy passages:

Quote:
When Trump was getting his start in business, he was sued by the Justice Department for refusing to rent apartments to black and Latino tenants.

Their applications would be marked with a “C” – “C” for “colored” – and then rejected.

Three years later, the Justice Department took Trump back to court because he hadn’t changed.

The pattern continued through the decades.

Quote:
We all remember when Trump said a distinguished federal judge born in Indiana couldn’t be trusted to do his job because, quote, “He’s a Mexican.”

Think about that.

The man who today is the standard bearer of the Republican Party said a federal judge was incapable of doing his job solely because of his heritage.

Even the Republican Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, described that as “the textbook definition of a racist comment.”

To this day, he’s never apologized to Judge Curiel.

But for Trump, that’s just par for the course.

Quote:
Don’t worry, some will say, as President, Trump will be surrounded by smart advisors who will rein in his worst impulses.

So when a tweet gets under his skin and he wants to retaliate with a cruise missile, maybe cooler heads will be there to convince him not to.

Maybe.

But look at who he’s put in charge of his campaign.

Trump likes to say he only hires the “best people.” But he’s had to fire so many campaign managers it’s like an episode of the Apprentice.

The latest shake-up was designed to – quote – “Let Trump be Trump.” To do that, he hired Stephen Bannon, the head of a right-wing website called Breitbart.com, as campaign CEO.

To give you a flavor of his work, here are a few headlines they’ve published:

“Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy.”

“Would You Rather Your Child Had Feminism or Cancer?”

“Gabby Giffords: The Gun Control Movement’s Human Shield”

“Hoist It High And Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims A Glorious Heritage.”

That one came shortly after the Charleston massacre, when Democrats and Republicans alike were doing everything they could to heal racial divides. Breitbart tried to enflame them further.

Just imagine – Donald Trump reading that and thinking: “this is what I need more of in my campaign.”

I recommend reading her prepared remarks in full.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 5:44 pm

Jeez.

Quote:
It’s what happens when you listen to the radio host Alex Jones, who claims that 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombings were inside jobs. He said the victims of the Sandy Hook massacre were child actors and no one was actually killed there.

Trump didn’t challenge those lies. He went on Jones’ show and said: “Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down.”

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 9:27 pm

Let’s see how long it takes for someone to tell us how wise and reasonable racism is.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 12:03 am

Racism itself isn't a problem. Making government decisions based on such is, however.

Hillary has zero moral high ground to call out anyone for bad ethical and moral stances. Being "racist" is absolutely nothing to aiding and partaking in the toppling of foreign states for goals outside the scope of self-defense (which ends up killing thousands upon thousands of innocents).

Trump may be an insensitive jerk, but that's benign in regards to a comparison between the two.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 12:11 am

I think Trump could literally walk up to a podium for a speaking engagement and just bite the head off of a live kitten and paint himself with it's blood and people here would still mindlessly support him and come up with some ridiculous "explanation" about how killing kittens really isn't that bad, compared to Hillary. It just blows my mind--the obliviousness, the intentional obtuseness, the denial of reality, the automatic reflexive defence of everything he says and does no matter how obviously indefensible. Where's that Zoolander "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills" .gif when you need it?

Oh wait, here it is:

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 12:47 am

This may be the first time most Americans have heard of the Alt Right, and I think Clinton has done an admirable job educating the country about just what that term means. These are racists who promote the pseudoscience of eugenics, racial inequality, and white identity politics (no Virginia, the left aren't the only ones promoting identity politics) all under the veneer of twenty something Hipster types ridiculing political correctness. Essentially, this is just the newest generation of racists who have repackaged their hatred into something allegedly more "scientifically" hip. But their aims are still the same as their predecessors in the KKK and the the Neo-Nazi movements - political reactionary plan to reverse civil rights gains for racial and sexual minorities, and going even further with plots to use eugenics and abortion as means of controlling parts of our population they don't approve of.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 9:42 pm

O, and don't dis my man Alex. He's the only one that brings us the truth, such as:

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 9:49 pm

Alex Jones says that the Sandy Hook massacre was staged and the little kids who were murdered were actually actors. Anyone who makes up crackpot stories about murdered children knows nothing about truth, and likely has some serious pathological issues. Using the murders of those children to get attention is really disgusting and about the lowest a person can get without actually murdering children himself. He is scum.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 9:55 pm

Which is about as bad as blaming autism and/or gunz for the massacre, really (not as bad, really, as the people that blame those things want to punish others for their own agendas; plus they were in positions of power).

It was all on Adam and no one else.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 10:47 pm

wilburforce wrote:
Alex Jones says that the Sandy Hook massacre was staged and the little kids who were murdered were actually actors. Anyone who makes up crackpot stories about murdered children knows nothing about truth, and likely has some serious pathological issues. Using the murders of those children to get attention is really disgusting and about the lowest a person can get without actually murdering children himself. He is scum.

One mental health professional thought Jones was very likely paranoid schizophrenic.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 10:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

One mental health professional thought Jones was very likely paranoid schizophrenic.

Please, let's quit the armchair diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 11:09 pm

^^^
Well, let's just assume Alex Jones isn't normal. And not in a good way not normal.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 11:54 pm

I don't know about Alex, really.

There's a hint of reality and truth in some of the things he says, but then he reveals Fish People (which is scientifically possible).

He seems like paid opposition (make outrageous claims over real facts, which can silence any questioning of said facts). He also seems like a snake oil salesman. He also seems paranoid in many ways (seems; he is) -- he takes things to a logical extreme of one narrative where things that are happening are due to nefarious reasons controlled by people behind the curtains. It's all a globalist conspiracy. There definitely is a globalist conspiracy, however, so you have that hint of truth to it. But, the connections need to be proven for the nefarious reasons, whether genetically engineered Fish People are being used to hunt Chinese SSBNs or Hillary Clinton and others are Satanist Moloch worshipers (again, you have the e-mail referencing Moloch, so there's a hint of something).

He's also satire of the media, whether intentional or not.

It's amusing, anyway. You can't say that about most media out there.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 12:46 am

Did anyone actually not know this about Trump already? Effective attack speech or not, I don't see this changing the minds of many voters either way.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 1:23 am

Dox47 wrote:
Did anyone actually not know this about Trump already? Effective attack speech or not, I don't see this changing the minds of many voters either way.

Yes, it's about Trump. But Trump has gone on Alex Jones, and has been supported by Alt Right extremists, and so those sources are fair game.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 5:45 am

Alt-right is an interesting thing.

It started say, 2 years ago in response to the SJW mess as a means to be politically incorrect for the sake of it; a swing against censorship. It continued as specific nations and people censored people on a variety of topics, such as immigration and race realism.

Trump came along and was a hit because he wasn't PC and offered hope in regards to freedom of speech (ironically, Trump has spoken out against freedom of speech in regards to the 'net and media, so he ended up as the lesser of the evils in this regard).

People took the themes of such and began making money off this politically incorrect culture as it was obviously a hit -- people do what people do and profit off what they can. Which has made it popular enough for people to comment on it.

Whilst racists, bigots, and so on, make it up, it was in the beginning, anti-PC above all. Racism for the sake of racism was a worthy cause against censorship. It allowed for actual racists and such to speak freely without being censored too.

It's pretty much the opposite side of the horseshoe of the SJW culture.

Another ironic thing is that it's made up of various races and cultures. People from all over Europe, Mexico, ME countries, Asia, and so on. Sexual orientation and genders. Religions. It's truly interesting, and I think its inclusivity is what has made it popular with so many.