Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 11:59 am

:lol:

mark224
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Aug 2016, 6:05 am

Doesn't help that you're trying to find Middle eastern women on an English language forum though does it? It's easy to assume the Internet is the whole internet, but in reality the English language area is just one small section. Now if you made that post on a forum that was in the language of your target demographic, you might just get somewhere. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 7:38 am

To be fair, despite the fact many middle eastern countries have more wealth and easier access to the internet than many places in Africa, I've simply seen more AFRICAN users than middle-eastern.

Boo is the only middle-eastern I've ever seen here, while I've seen at least 2-4 South Africans.

South Africa is the richest African country, sure, but it's Human Development Index is 116th, while Saudi Arabia's is, surprisingly, 39th.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 7:45 am

^ South Africans are anglophones.

I recall smudge is half Egyptian.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 7:59 am

:shrug: :scratch:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 10:21 am

^ Not sure if Algerians would consider themselves Middle Easterns, they're part of the Maghreb, Diana Haddad is Lebanese though.

Hmmm...probably I am the only one here who can understands what they're saying in this song :lol:.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 11:47 am

Outrider wrote:
Boo is the only middle-eastern I've ever seen here, while I've seen at least 2-4 South Africans.

You mean like me or envirozentinal?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 2:57 pm

traven wrote:
:shrug: :scratch:

btw, there's an Israeli singer of the same family name of the female singer (Diana Haddad) - her name is Sarit Hadad.

House Hadad is historical family in the area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haddad

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 8:54 pm

Jono wrote:
Outrider wrote:

There was also another guy called AdrianR though he's probably inactive now. He was around last year. And I swear I've seen another one as well.

I'm not trying to say all of you guys are poor or anything, I'm aware of South Africa being the most well-off African nation, just that it's not like Boo is poor either.

But perhaps Boo is right, I've heard S.A. is more multi-ethnic and probably has more English speakers.

But more English speakers in South Africa compared to the entire middle east? Especially considering countries like India that have English as a main language?

I don't buy it how there could be so few here from Asia, especally considering the high population in there. I've only seen about 4 users that have mentioned being from Asia - one from South Korea, another living in Japan (not sure if native Japanese though) and one Indian. And one other.

I can understand America and UK/Europe being the largest demographics here, but I've seen more Australian people, more South American people, and even more African people here than Asian people? :scratch:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:50 pm

Outrider wrote:
Jono wrote:
Outrider wrote:

There was also another guy called AdrianR though he's probably inactive now. He was around last year. And I swear I've seen another one as well.

I'm not trying to say all of you guys are poor or anything, I'm aware of South Africa being the most well-off African nation, just that it's not like Boo is poor either.

But perhaps Boo is right, I've heard S.A. is more multi-ethnic and probably has more English speakers.

But more English speakers in South Africa compared to the entire middle east? Especially considering countries like India that have English as a main language?

I don't buy it how there could be so few here from Asia, especally considering the high population in there. I've only seen about 4 users that have mentioned being from Asia - one from South Korea, another living in Japan (not sure if native Japanese though) and one Indian. And one other.

I can understand America and UK/Europe being the largest demographics here, but I've seen more Australian people, more South American people, and even more African people here than Asian people? :scratch:

Well...

Mental diseases/psychiatry things are still so unaccepted and mocked about in the whole Eastern culture (including Asian and MEA). And I don't think this is changing anytime soon.

The funny thing is that my school was the first middle eastern school that established special ed classes for autistics but that wasn't in my time and it was for classic autism only.

There are plenty of Europeans here from non-english speaking countries, so you are right, it's not only the English thing.

Quote:

Yes, I am, very much so - compared to the first/2nd world's average income.