Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 1:54 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Speaking of sexual inadequacy, "let's keep women dumb and/or hungry enough so even I can reproduce" reeks of it :lol:

Not even a joke... that's basically what Vox Day sincerely means....

Here is a set of questions from PZ Myers at Freethoughtblogs:

PZ Myers wrote:
How does depriving girls of an education benefit women?

How does raising girls with the expectation that their purpose in life is to bear children benefit women?

And here is Vox Day's answer:

A jackass wrote:
1. Because educating women is strongly correlated with reducing their disposition and ability to reproduce themselves. Educating them tends to make them evolutionary dead ends. "Germany now has the highest number of childless women in the world. This trend has been going on since at least the 90s. What we also know is that the higher the level of education, the more likely a woman is to remain childless." -Professor Norbert Schneider, Mainz University. 40% of German women with college degrees are childless. Does PZ seriously wish to claim that not reproducing is intrinsically beneficial to women? Does he really find it hard to understand how not reproducing is evolutionary disadvantageous?

2. Because raising girls with the expectation that their purpose in life is to bear children allows them to pursue marriage at the age of their peak fertility, increase the wage rates of their prospective marital partners, and live in stable, low-crime, homogenous societies that are not demographically dying. It also grants them privileged status, as they alone are able to ensure the continued survival of the society and the species alike. Women are not needed in any profession or occupation except that of child-bearer and child-rearer, and even in the case of the latter, they are only superior, they are not absolutely required.

Source: https://voxday.blogspot.dk/2012/06/scie ... up-pz.html

... oh, and in the same post he defends honor killings, throwing acid in women's faces, female genital mutilation and annihilating Alderaan with the Death Star...

... Ok, the Death Star part wasn't true... would fit a pattern, though...

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:02 pm

Quote:
annihilating Alderaan with the Death Star...

... Ok, the Death Star part wasn't true... would fit a pattern, though...

Alderaan was clearly a hot bed of terrorism hehehe.

Vox did link once to a Milo Yiannopoulos article

https://voxday.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/t ... iance.html

The Alliance is a ragtag band of fighters from many different cultures bonded together by a hatred of the Empire, fighting an asymmetric war resulting in massive collateral damage and loss of civilian life. They take their lead from mystics hiding in caves and swamps, and want to return the galaxy to a primitive religion that hasn’t changed for 600 years. That’s right nerds: the Rebel Alliance is ISIS.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:04 pm

@GGPViper He might as well cut the BS and spell it out: what he wants is mandatory reproduction for white women (with white men, of course). He seems to think that denying women the right to education and financial independence sounds better and is easier to justify then forcibly impregnating them, but it amounts to exactly the same thing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:05 pm

wilburforce wrote:
I find it interesting that "anti-equalitarian" or alternately "anti-egalitarian" usually means that women aren't given equal consideration under the law. An anti-equalitarian society wouldn't consider women as people like men are people, women would have fewer rights (like rights to make decisions over their own bodies/health) in an anti-egalitarian society. I and the majority of other women would have a HUGE problem with that, as I am pretty fond of being considered a full person with full rights under the law and would not be willing to give that up. Anyone who tried to force us back into indentured servitude in the home and reduce our rights would have a full-scale war on their hands.

You can't go back in time and take rights that women have earned in the past 100 years or so in the West away, that will just not fly. I'm amazed no one has brought this up yet.

I suspect a great deal of that anti-equalitarian crap is targeted toward ethnic minorities as well.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:29 pm

Quote:
And here is Vox Day's answer:

At the risk of derailing the thread, I can see the logic in Vox's responses re. educating women. I often find it amusing that Green beliefs that involve saving the planet often coincide with Lefty feminist ideals. The planet matters for future generations but society doesn't matter at all. I'm sure future generations of western women will appreciate a green eco-friendly world through the slit of a niqab.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:37 pm

It's obvious that his concern is with the greater good. Turning women into glorified cattle and robbing minorities of their rights is a small price to pay :roll:

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:52 pm

Mikah wrote:
The planet matters for future generations but society doesn't matter at all. I'm sure future generations of western women will appreciate a green eco-friendly world through the slit of a niqab.

There's a straawwwwmaaannn waiting in the sky, he'd like to come and meet us, but he's worried we'll think he's patently ridiculous...

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 3:12 pm

Hopper wrote:
Mikah wrote:
The planet matters for future generations but society doesn't matter at all. I'm sure future generations of western women will appreciate a green eco-friendly world through the slit of a niqab.

There's a straawwwwmaaannn waiting in the sky, he'd like to come and meet us, but he's worried we'll think he's patently ridiculous...

Can that be put to music? :lol:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 4:45 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Although I think that Western civilizations are currently amongst the best in the world, I don't think non-Western countries are necessarily worse. For example, Japan and South Korea are probably better places to live than Alabama or Greece.
I'd rather live in Alabama or Greece where I could achieve a sensible work-life balance than be overworked and sleep deprived in Japan or South Korea.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 4:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Can that be put to music? :lol:

Not without committing a terrible, terrible wrong. :D

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 6:22 pm

These people are utter hypocrites when it comes to Islam, they actually borrowed so much from it:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 6:39 pm

A text image of an anonymous person's comparison of two groups is merely their opinion and not fact.

I'd like to chime in on the image above me:
*I don't hate Israel or Palestine. In fact, it would be argued that the alt-right would likely hate both, but somehow hating one more than the other holds more ground in a moot argument.
*Many people control the world through banking, Jews being one group of many. It doesn't mean that the alt right think specifically one group controls the whole world through banking. That's using semantics to advantage your argument, and considering you're a person that originally used to call anyone that judged Muslim faith (including radical Islam) as Islamophobic, I think you're really beginning to lose the plot.
*I believe marriage is totally a heterosexual union, constructed by heterosexuals. Why would homosexuals want to be equally demoralised and burdened by such an old tradition that now brings misery to most who even want it? Let the straight theists have their silly marriage vows. Wanting to be equally miserable for the sake of rights is daft if you ask me.
*They believe women shouldn't have equal rights to men? Don't be ridiculous. In fact, the alt right argue that in Western civilisation for the most party that equality is very much there, and they are pro egalitarian. What they do not like is the special treatment of any group that claims to be underprivileged when things don't suit them? Equality = equal problems. Enough said. This also doesn't cover the fact that many on the conservative side acknowledge the plight of those in other nations where there isn't equality on gender and other such things, but they also don't feel the need to handhold anyone.
*So let me get this straight.. it's wrong to want someone to provide for you? Worse yet, it's ok to complain about being expected to be provided for, then complaining when someone doesn't? Dear Lord, the mental gymnastics!
*The current Alt Right care very little for religion, which also links back to a lot of the past few points I've made. If you're going to refer to the so-called founder of Alt-Right, used as a Strawman Political for Hillary's failed speech (Rich Spencer) then sure, but many of the public and Internet figures related to the Alt Right are actually Atheists.
*They want liberties and freedoms we should all expect. They do not want a King or dictator in power.
*They are against ILLEGAL immigration because of the impact it has on domestic citizens and LEGAL immigrants! Again, a weak man on semantics.
*They want to help GENUINE refugees but first and foremost their OWN people. Many opportunist migrants do travel with genuine refugees which unfortunately has bad repercussions for people genuinely fleeing war zones. And why pick favourites? Should one war torn nation take priority over another?
*The west is full of degeneracy. Full of it. Maybe not as bad as the third world, but if it wasn't full of it then why are there so many crimes and social issues? You can't have your cake and eat it. You can't complain things are wrong and say they are great at the same time. It's one or the other.

Okay, I think I'm done.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 2:51 am

@mikah:

now i see what your "campaign against bad science with dubious motives" is all about: even worse bad science with even more dubious motives

good to know

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 3:48 am

anagram wrote:
@mikah:

now i see what your "campaign against bad science with dubious motives" is all about: even worse bad science with even more dubious motives

good to know

Well, the so-called "Alt-Right" isn't the first movement to reject - or outright attack - science when it comes into conflict with their political views...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Physik
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

... it's a fairly standard approach among those with a totalitarian mindset...

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 4:06 am

the most interesting part to me is the way how he played along with me when i took his "campaign" at face value and responded to it by outlining my views, which are actually diametrically opposite to his (which doesn't mean "far left" btw, which to me is pretty much the same thing as far right. but moderation instead)

i think it's pretty revealing

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 4:55 am

GGPViper wrote:
anagram wrote:
@mikah:

good to know

Well, the so-called "Alt-Right" isn't the first movement to reject - or outright attack - science when it comes into conflict with their political views...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Physik
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism

... it's a fairly standard approach among those with a totalitarian mindset...

Totalitarianism tries to bend the world to their designs, and is seemingly unable to grasp the fact that science just can't be molded to fit ideology and still be legitimate.