Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

alisoncc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2017, 12:08 pm

C2V wrote:
If you do a search on transsexual genital reconstruction options you'll probably find a close approximation of the procedure though.

Little need to do any search, just need a mirror to see Dr Sanguan's work from some fifteen years ago. Thanks..

Do have memories of a discussion with him on checkout from the hospital in Phuket. He asked me whether I was happy with the results. I replied that I hadn't really given it any thought as my main intention was to remove what was previously there. He replied it would have been unethical not to provide one or the other - male or female genitalia. I don't believe their ethics have changed to any greater extent.

Note you mention "transsexual genital reconstruction". Would not consider "queer genital reconstruction" as being the same. But then again I never grew up wanting to be "queer". I just wanted to be a normal woman.

Would point out the topic title is "Dating as trans and autistic". Not dating as queer and autistic. You need to be aware of the adage "Be careful what you wish for it might eventuate". I am now 73, and have had no libido to speak of all my life. Never had any biological drive to procreate. Not attracted to women, men, goats or camels. Add in a diagnosis of Asperger's, and you have a recipe for an incredibly lonely and solitary existence. Having experienced such, I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Our societies are based on sharing costs between couples of whatever persuasion. You would need to be extremely fortunate to be able to live comfortably as a single for the whole of your life. Believe me I have tried, not out of choice.

Alison

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 12:17 am

Quote:
Little need to do any search, just need a mirror to see Dr Sanguan's work from some fifteen years ago. Thanks..

Don't know what you mean by that, I meant only that if you searched for other outcomes and procedures you'd likely come across a description of what I was basically talking about, if you're interested in how it works. If not no worries.
I can't say whether their understanding of the needs of different people has changed their ethical parameters or what other reason there would be for them apparently specifying they would only cater to binary gendered people to you, and then telling me otherwise - possibly because it was fifteen years ago and attitudes have changed? I for one think it a good thing that they have apparently widened their services to include gender diverse people. Otherwise there would be no way to correct dysphoria unless one was binary gendered. And I didn't grow up wanting to be queer either - it's not something I would wish for. But it is what it is and I try to make the best of it.
Quote:
Would point out the topic title is "Dating as trans and autistic". Not dating as queer and autistic.

Yes one can be both. I am physically trans, just not binary trans. I have medically transitioned, just with elements of both transitions involved. I appreciate this is a bit hard for binary gendered people to understand, cis or trans.
Yeah - unfortunately for me I have a reasonably high libido, but sex is just not on the cards as I said due to being stuck in this stage in transition. I tend to like being solitary mostly, so I'm not desperate to find a partner, but I do think about it sometimes.

alisoncc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2017, 11:28 am

C2V wrote:
Yeah - unfortunately for me I have a reasonably high libido, but sex is just not on the cards as I said due to being stuck in this stage in transition.

Unfortunately ! !! ! That's the understatement of the year. Getting to think you are just a troll. No sane individual could openly state they have a high libido whilst seeking to physically remove all means of handling it. Definitely a troll. End of conversation.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 6:24 am

^ Okay now I'm confused. You can see from my posting history here I'm not a troll. I'm actually trying to have a cordial conversation with you, as just two people with different views.

Quote:
No sane individual could openly state they have a high libido whilst seeking to physically remove all means of handling it

You don't understand this means of genital reassignment. I am not seeking to physically remove all means of having sex or achieving orgasm. That is not the outcome of the procedure. Others post op have reported improved sexual function, when they can better relate to their bodies. And yes, it is unfortunate for me. I don't enjoy having a high libido and would actually appreciate lowering it. I've offered to explain how this works to you in a more private way if you want to understand, and that remains true if you want to learn and discuss things without getting angry about it and misunderstanding.

HoneyB33
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jun 2017, 4:46 pm

I've also dated people because I was just very physically lonely. And that hasn't paid off too well, haha. I agree, that in our society that's only supported inside a romantic relationship.

But, I don't think it's good to think someone will never accept you or love you for who you are. I think it's a challenge, and it truly can feel like a raindrop of ppl, but it's still there.

I'm dating someone now that I've been with for a year and half, and things couldn't be better. She loves me for who I am, and she accepts me. I feel incredibly lucky to have found her.

torch_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Aug 2017, 12:40 pm

I'm trans and Autistic and have been in relationships, but not very good ones. I have bad luck. They keep turning out to be jerks. I feel like I can't be fussy because I'm trans :/ if I hold out for the kind of person I would prefer to date, it'd never happen. A girl who is nerdy and loving and kind and willing to date a trans guy, doesn't exist.