Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 3:42 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:
Some people might just say these people are bullies and not real "SJW's"

Yes, the No True Scotsman fallacy is a popular one around here.

Ugh. People don't identify as SJW's. It's a label that is thrust upon people that are perceived as bullies.

It has nothing to do with the No True Scotsman fallacy. SJW is just a slur word similar to accusing someone of being a racist. It's two sides of the exact same coin. When I call someone a racist I am intentionally using it as a slur word because I don't like the person's views. When people call people SJW's they are doing the same. It's the same s**t.

I try not to bully people but sometimes people get angry and sometimes I get angry. Both sides are guilty of bullying. The "racists" and the "SJW's." They are nebulous terms that don't mean a whole lot. When someone identifies themself as a White Nationalist they are fair game for criticism of their belief system which is clearly defined. But it's not fair to label random bullies as "SJW's" because they haven't defined themselves that way. It's better to simply say they are bullies.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Sep 2016, 3:54 am

Points to anyone who correctly identifies a "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

AutieUberAlles
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2016, 5:09 pm

Maybe there was more to it that led to the suicide and that hasn't been unearthed yet.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 10:27 am

AutieUberAlles wrote:
Maybe there was more to it that led to the suicide and that hasn't been unearthed yet.
It's far more likely that there is no more to it than what has officially been stated. Do not infer more than what the available evidence can support. The act of assuming a conspiracy where there is no actual physical evidence of such a conspiracy is called "Conspiracy Theory" - a practice fit only for the tabloids and people trying to exploit someone else's tragedy to draw attention to themselves and bolster their own credibility.

Besides, fear not only motivates people to do 'crazy' things, but it can also cloud their judgement enough that a 'crazy' act may seem to them to be the only rational way out, even when that fear is of something unreal or that has not happened.

She was afraid. She chose suicide. She killed herself.

Enough of this SJW-bashing. Let the poor girl rest in peace.

T minus 19 and counting.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 11:18 am

Quote:
She shared the image with friends, and jokingly suggested that she’d only get the approval of the parents of the boy she was interested in, who is of South Asian descent, if she resembled the edited photograph.

Old-fashioned tropes against race-mixing are 180 degree, polar opposites of sjw's.

It only goes to show how controls on speech prevent people from forming a clear, mental picture.

To begin with, South Asians can be racist or, at least, in the words of Mohammed Ali, want to carry-on with kids, who look like themselves.

You have made racists the target of a witchhunt, and, now, the anti-racists.

Last edited by friedmacguffins on 05 Sep 2016, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 11:58 am

Moral of the story – Social justice is bad; long live social injustice?

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 12:14 pm

I am fit and attentive, at local agri-tourism spots, and natural attractions, see many, gentle, overgrown toddlers. I mean you no wrong, but you are gullible to Murphy's Law.

It's going to be the equal-but-opposite reaction to the 60's.

Faced with existential crises, countries of every latitude and skin tone are resorting to nationalism, protectionism, and crass, social utilitarianism.