What if a racial supremacist called you a racist?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 10:38 pm

0, is that directed towards my initial post...? Because I never mentioned victims.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 10:40 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I would probably tell them to f*** off.

:P Aw, smile Sweetleaf!

Well I forgot to say I would tell them to f**k off and then laugh in their face.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 2:40 am

0_equals_true wrote:
This is an interesting question becuase a section of SJW have quite a lot in common with supremacists as far as their solutions go.

They have more in common with Don Black and Luis Farrakhan than they do with Martin Luther King, Mandela, Nora Parks, Aung San Suu Kyi.

They embrace the idea that they are victims rather than refusing to be that victim. The embrace resentment rather then reject it. They are openly bigoted, themselves whist not acknowledging that they can be bigoted.

Nelson Mandela, when he was breaking rocks on Robin Island taught us to refuse to be that victim at all costs. He wasn't out for revenge or even reparations. He understood the fears of those on the other side, what would happen to them after.

Victim mentality gets carried through the generations, and perpetuates conflicts. It is not kind or humane, it causes real prolonged suffering, when no practical solutions are given.

Unfortunately some people are victims. In psychology, "victims" are encouraged to express their anger. Ideally this is expressed in a controlled environment. The idea is to not continue the cycle of violence. Anger is normal.

Some "victims" wish to see themselves as "survivors." But if someone wishes to see themself as a "victim" that is their right.

One thing that the US does is never admit it's wrong. Which is why I think US is a bully.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 1:25 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:
[Unfortunately some people are victims. In psychology, "victims" are encouraged to express their anger. Ideally this is expressed in a controlled environment. The idea is to not continue the cycle of violence. Anger is normal.

This is somewhat missing the point of what I'm saying. Mandela taught us that we should strive to be free not rest on our victim status and pass the resentment onto the next generations. The idea that we should forgive, and try to understand each other rather then cementing division.

heavenlyabyss wrote:
One thing that the US does is never admit it's wrong. Which is why I think US is a bully.

This is somewhat of a diversion from the topic but whatever.

The US is not a singular being, it has citizens of different opinions.

The US has admitted it is wrong more than you think, more than many countries have. Has Turkey admitted its role in the Armenian genocide? The Japanese don't even teach what happen in WWII properly in it schools.

At least the US allows people to express these views unlike many countries.

I agree they have been very hypocritical in their 'pro-democracy' escapades. I'm not fan of this war mongering. However a lot of the countries in question also create their own problem too. Sectarian tensions have to exist to be stirred up.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 1:45 pm

While I served as a hate-crime adviser to the U.S. Office of the Attorney for the District of Utah, I was on a talk-radio program sometime in the mid-1990s "against" the spokesman for a neo-Nazi advocacy group. The host was doing his best to favor my every utterance while cornering the spokesman with "gotchas." Having had enough of the host's game-playing to paint the spokesman as a caricature of hatred, I challenged the host by questioning his presumption that the First Amendment didn't apply to the spokesman because his opinions were repugnant.

I reminded the host that Free Speech applied to the spokesman every bit as much as it did to the host and myself.

The host's voice softened and the rhetoric became more accomodating once the host realized that he didn't have to support the spokesman's opinions, and it wasn't his duty to criticize or censor them. The spokesman thanked me. Both gentlemen were surprised.

I don't care what someone calls me, so long as he or she is fair.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 2:50 pm

I don't think ideas themselves shouldn't be discussed, but there is a difference between a description of something and the reasons behind its support and incitement of any actions which infringe upon others... i.e. if that spokesman suddenly started telling others of his beliefs to actively harass, murder, or even gang-rape (all of which is discussed online, although at least unlike TV and radio it's not broadcast to anyone who happens to have it switched on)... then should the program really hand him all the publicity he could ever dream of? It's just, that, out of the thousands or millions listening/watching the majority won't obviously obey like hypnotized slaves, but some tiny minority might already have had the gauge to anger filling up, and as such might possibly act on it. This isn't objectively what happens in the mind since I'm not sure if they could ever use brain scanning technology on premeditating murderers, but it possibly makes sense...

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 5:08 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I would probably tell them to f*** off.

:P Aw, smile Sweetleaf!

Well I forgot to say I would tell them to f**k off and then laugh in their face.

Probably better ways of dealing with it haha. Ask for Tyrion's advice!

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"