Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2016, 6:36 am

Honestly if a girl gave him her number, he should consider himself to be lucky af. I mean let's be honest here, it's usually the guys who ask for the girls number, especially if it's a complete stranger.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 3:29 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
as soon as she's out of earshot my brother turns to me and goes, “That's so creepy!

If I were to make such a comment to someone, the reply I’d expect is, “Talking behind people’s backs is so cowardly!”.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

stephasaurus666
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2016, 4:45 pm

I have the same reaction when someone comes over and starts hitting on me out of the blue. (I'm female. It probably happens more often than to males.) For me it feels like someone just invaded my personal everything. I wouldn't call it feeling violated, but it's similar.

If he was in his own world and isn't used to strangers noticing him, let alone entering it without invitation, it does seem creepy. He felt "closed to the public" and someone just barged right in. It's probably a mixture or annoyed at the intrusion, confused about the reason for it, and weirded out by the intimacy of the exchange. He was also probably on high alert about how much further this stranger was going to take it, and that in itself means the other person is "creepy" to him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:38 pm

I don't feel a "space invasion" when a girl flirts with me.

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Sep 2016, 9:32 pm

I'd call her.
Find out a bit about her over the phone.
Arrange a date, there doesn't need to be any pressure.
The first date is to establish if there is any connection/common ground.

If you're suspicious, there is no need to take it further or give her any information more than you are comfortable with.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2016, 9:51 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
My brother and I were hanging out, he's also on the spectrum, and suddenly this girl goes up to him and hands him her phone number written on a little slip of paper. At first I figured he knew her from class or whatever, because he engaged in some polite conversation, but apparently he'd never met her before. It was totally unsolicited and as soon as she's out of earshot my brother turns to me and goes, “That's so creepy!

I was completely baffled. He's had more years of social training than I have, but I'm a better chameleon because I'm female, so of course I asked him how that was creepy when she could have simply demanded his phone number like they do on TV. Because at least the way she did it gave him the option to chuck the number and never call her. Which is what he did. He just said it was and left it at that because he couldn't explain it. It just was.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something? It really just seemed like an outdated reenactment of “Call Me Maybe” to me. The girl didn't seem very threatening. She was half his size max.

Did she say anything or just silently walk up and hand him a piece of paper?