Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

wecansimplybeourselves
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2016, 5:48 am

I was misdiagnosed with Bi Polar disorder for 7 years.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Sep 2016, 2:50 pm

My GP diagnosed me as bipolar when I 1st saw him but the psychiatrist he referred me to diagnosed me as having Aspergers along with Borderline Personality & depression. I was suffering from a psychotic depression at the time over my 1st relationship ending & I was having LOTs of mood swings so it's understandable why my GP thought I was bipolar.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

wecansimplybeourselves

19 Sep 2016, 11:45 am

I have a very moody temperamental up and down mood and when I was first diagnosed with bi polar over 10 years ago I was particularly ill. I am well now besides I wanna get a diagnosis of and treatment for Aspergers soon... gonna get it diagnosed. If it turns out I don't have ti then I need to treat my O.C.D. symptoms. Online tests suggest I am really very Aspie I'm just more high energy than/extroverted than the typical Aspie. I have many symptoms of Aspergers just I don't have sensitivity to lights and sounds and I am okay with reading facial expressions and looking people in face.

Symptoms I have is narrow interests, getting obsessed with them, high verbal and aural skills, low spacial and visual skills, and lots of other quirky stuff. I struggle with taking hints and I have trouble imagining how others feel I am rather stuck in my head... etc etc etc etc. I like my routines etc etc etc and most of all..................I'm odd. In a good way. I like odd. Lol.

Anywayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

... yeah I was misdiagnosed with Bi Polar over 10 years ago after 1 intense manic and acute psychotic episode. I was completely harmless both to myself and others but people were worried that other people would harm me because I was very vulnerable and out of touch with reality. Well, also although I was harmless to myself it's like I wasn't gonna intentionally harm myself but I could have by accident because I was out of touch with reality and stuff.

anyway that was over 10 years ago.