Is this a common trait amongst aspie men?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 10:39 am

Do you think it's quite a common trait for aspie men to chase after women who are already in commited relationships? Because we don't understand what is and what is not appropriate?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 10:42 am

Nope....Aspies are usually smarter than that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 10:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Nope....Aspies are usually smarter than that.

Guess is it's just me then

Possibly not my best personality trait.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 11:03 am

Never had this problem 8O

But let me get this straight, do you chase after unavailable women because they're in a committed relationship or despite it?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 11:13 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Never had this problem 8O

But let me get this straight, do you chase after unavailable women because they're in a committed relationship or despite it?

Despite it I suppouse

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 11:21 am

Jamesy wrote:
Do you think it's quite a common trait for aspie men to chase after women who are already in commited relationships? Because we don't understand what is and what is not appropriate?

Why do you think it is appropriate to pursue someone in a relationship? I sure hope it is not a common trait...but yeah if it is something you're thinking about doing I'd advise stopping while you are ahead.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 11:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Why do you think it is appropriate to pursue someone in a relationship? I sure hope it is not a common trait...but yeah if it is something you're thinking about doing I'd advise stopping while you are ahead.

I don't think it's appropriate but my emotions get the better of me sometimes

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Sep 2016, 2:34 pm

No

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 2:55 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I don't think it's appropriate but my emotions get the better of me sometimes

Well one cannot control their emotions per say, so I suppose it is understandable to be tempted, however I don't think it ever ends well to act on those feelings and pursue them. Never really heard of a good relationship coming out of that kind of thing more just turmoil and emotional hurt for everyone involved/effected.

Bushmaster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2016, 4:19 pm

Jamesy wrote:

that depends on how one looks at it.

I personally have been rejected several times in a row by those I though I had a good chance of hitting the jackpot only to be disappointed and very disillusioned after the fact.

:( oh well at least there are other fish in the sea.

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." -Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

minliu
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Sep 2016, 4:31 pm

I've experienced it a few times.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 4:53 pm

When meeting girls on some social occasions a male associate of mine would often say to me "yeah man she already has a boyfriend" when I appeared to shown interest in them.

Perhaps he's just trying to be a good friend by saying that maybe?

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 4:57 pm

Jamesy wrote:
When meeting girls on some social occasions a male associate of mine would often say to me "yeah man she already has a boyfriend" when I appeared to shown interest in them.

He's definitely being a good friend: he's warning you not to waste your time on someone who won't be interested and maybe also looking out for you so you won't get in trouble with the girl herself or her boyfriend if you hit on her.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 5:14 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

He's definitely being a good friend: he's warning you not to waste your time on someone who won't be interested and maybe also looking out for you so you won't get in trouble with the girl herself or her boyfriend if you hit on her.

He's also making false assumptions that I want to hit on them just because I ask him questions about a certain a girl when I meet them for the first time in social settings.

legalcharaters
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

If your playing the game " let's figure out the normies" , I'd say winning is the name of the game.
How do I win?
If I complete this quest I win ?!
I get it.
Just make sure your goal is truly your goal, then GO!

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 6:25 pm

From what I can see here, it's not a common trait. If I was attracted to someone who was already in a relationship (it's yet to happen), I'd let it be and move on.

Jamesy wrote:
He's also making false assumptions that I want to hit on them just because I ask him questions about a certain a girl when I meet them for the first time in social settings.

Perhaps your friend has seen you go after enough women who are already in relationships as to suspect it's a thing you like to do.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.