Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 12:27 pm

I just had to go to the doctor for a jab. It was the same GP who patronised me when I first sought out a diagnosis for autism; I don't like him, but he was the only one who could see me today.

Anyway, he had my files up on the computer and asked about my depression. I said I'm fine (I'm not), still struggling but just getting on with things (which is true). What would happen if I told the doctor I have had multiple visual hallucinations? Usually I have the self-awareness to recognise they are associated with stress, so I've never done anything about them or sought help, but obviously it's not a good thing to experience a proper visual hallucination.

The most profound incident, which I've posted about before, I couldn't see my own reflection in a mirror.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 3:46 pm

I'd try to find a different doctor - it took me three changes until I found a doctor who even cared. I don't know if I am correct in the implications of this observation, but both gp level doctors who have been good with me have trained in Obstetrics, and both were women (you'll find the letters Obst. in their title). I suspect Obstetricians train in depression due to the post natal depression phenomena.

Another thing you could do is take pot luck at a drop in centre.

Dunno about your hallucinations, I'm totally unqualified to comment. Best wishes.