DATING ADVICE THREAD FOR THOSE ON THE SPECTRUM-

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Closet_Genius
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2016, 4:18 pm

hi :) i'm new here and i've noticed that there are lots of unhappy single folks who want to be somebody's partner. whatever my other faults, i can say i've a lot of experience in this area - i've had 3 long-term relationships and 2 marriages. the marriages didn't work out because i lost interest. and i've had more sex encounters than anybody would care to know about. that said, i want to help everyone i can, so i'm posting this thread here. you can reply here or you can send me PMs. if you do PM me, please send me your profile as well, the more info for me to work with, the better. also keep in mind that not everything works equally well with everybody, but i will get your foot in the door so you can develop your own style.
some general suggestions- when searching online for mate material, you can examine other profiles for ideas to augment your own profiles. post pics of you having fun with other people. don't bring up your dx unless you have the social skills to make people overlook it, only if they ask. make a profile with pictures, in another state to practice your social skills on people- that way you're not losing out on anything. be patient when waiting for a response, DO NOT fill their inbox with messages even if they are online, this will get you an automatic rejection. and finally... mystery and laughter is a powerful thing... keep them guessing and laughing.
i'll answer more specific questions, like how to start a conversation - because it all depends on your personality and what you're looking for.
any questions?

Last edited by Closet_Genius on 13 Sep 2016, 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Closet_Genius

13 Sep 2016, 5:06 pm

I hope this helps

Last edited by Closet_Genius on 13 Sep 2016, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 5:42 pm

duly read and noted :flower:

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 7:36 pm

What's a good first message to send girls? I'm basically looking for a fun short term relationship. Not a hookup, but nothing too heavy and serious.

Closet_Genius

13 Sep 2016, 7:59 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
What's a good first message to send girls? I'm basically looking for a fun short term relationship. Not a hookup, but nothing too heavy and serious.

Start off with "How are you doing?"
She will check out your profile and if she's intersted she will respond with some variation of "ok. How about you?"
Answer with "I'm doing good...what are you looking for on here.
She will answer with something like "just friends" or "I'm looking for a relationship" or "I'm just looking" "how about you?"
sometimes they won't ask "how about you?" If they don't, say "Same here. I'm looking for some friends that might turn into something more" If she does ask "How about you?" just leave out the "same here"
After that it's up to you. Ask her about her interests and talk about yours. Especially if you have something in common.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 10:45 pm

I really want to know how to take a photo that actually gives a good vibe instead of the boring ones I take indoors that look like I am taking a picture for the sake of taking a picture.

Closet_Genius

13 Sep 2016, 10:52 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I really want to know how to take a photo that actually gives a good vibe instead of the boring ones I take indoors that look like I am taking a picture for the sake of taking a picture.

I had a friend take this one a few years ago. It has been a great conversation starter and people find it hilarious.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 10:58 pm

I can tell dogs like you :)

Closet_Genius

13 Sep 2016, 11:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I can tell dogs like you :)

I've always had an affinity for dogs.

Closet_Genius

13 Sep 2016, 11:37 pm

K_Kelly wrote:

I looked at your profile to see what your interest were. Do you collect old stuff? If you do, what kind of stuff do you have? It's possible you could use things you're interested in as props in your pictures to make them more interesting.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 5:12 pm

I don't have anything I'm actively interested in, but I wish I could.

Dr.Pepper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Sep 2016, 7:48 pm

DevilKisses wrote:

Best first message is something funny.

Dr.Pepper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Sep 2016, 7:52 pm

K_Kelly wrote:

Hire a professional photographer who does dating profile photos. If you're serious, it's worth it.