Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 5:01 pm

There’s nothing I’ve wanted more since I was about fourteen, when I had my first crush. Of course, it was way, way too early for me to be allowed to have a partner back then, so I waited and waited and have been waiting ever since. I’ll only know I’m no longer too young when I’m sure I’m far too old, which I arguably already am for my purposes.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2017, 5:05 pm

my "partner" is in a flower shop.i cut off all eye-contact with neurotypical women & girls my age,even the ones that are chubby,based on how severely awkward i appear to them,like i would've back in high school

Last edited by JaredGTALover on 16 Nov 2017, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 5:19 pm

Yes indeed.

There Are Four Lights!

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2017, 5:24 pm

Darmok wrote:
Yes indeed.

i'm looking for mine...in a flower shop :heart: :heart: :heart:

Last edited by JaredGTALover on 16 Nov 2017, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dottedeighth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2017, 6:08 pm

I definitely do, at this point anyway. But it would have to be someone who's as independent and driven as me and will understand my need for space. They can't need to be together *all* the time.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 6:19 pm

Sometimes I think I do, but I think what I actually want is a very close friend. I don't have any interest in most things people would call romance, although I do like snuggling. I consider myself to be a generally nonromantic, entirely asexual.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:43 pm

I'd like one, but my thoughts about what that means have changed quite a bit lately. And I'm not entirely sure I can reciprocate enough to do that. Maybe I just haven't met the right person yet.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 11:26 pm

Yes, I want a partner. I have a lopsided set of abilities, and do much better if I trade what I do well for what I don't. That's a win-win. My social instinct for wanting to connect with others is strong, just quite frustrated.
I have less desire for a romantic partner than a business partner, because the odds of being understood and accepted are so low, and my standards for social behaviour are based on logic. I was curious about sex when I was younger, so I was open to relationships, but they were all based more on not contradicting someone's illusions about me than sharing my heart.
Ideally, a husband or wife will be both a romantic and a business partner as needed.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 12:07 am

hellhole wrote:
Hi,

Because those with ASD's are asocial, it would make sense to think that these individuals would desire a romantic partner less than other folks. Is this the case with you? It's definitely the case with me. I do still want a partner but far less than most other guys my age. This doesn't mean I'm asexual (not at all actually), but I am a semi-aromantic. In a way this is advantageous to me given that I've faced nothing but relentless peer-rejection over the years

This likely won't apply to those with Aspergers, because aspies aren't truly asocial, however people directly on the spectrum are. My case of autism is mild, so there is at least some desire for a SO, but that's it really. I used to think I have SPD for ages, but you cannot have and ASD and SPD at the same time; never really knew this had anything to do with my ASD anyway.

Anyone relate?

Yes I can relate very much so my friend. I haven't had a girlfriend for about 20 years now and I'm quite happy with that arrangement. I have had previous girlfriends in the past but it was not a situation that ever really agreed with me and simply conflicted with my desire to be alone all the time.

I have also heard the term "a-sexual" when applied to Autistics like us and I don't think it's fair for NTs to label us so but perhaps it is true to some degree. I only find females attractive and sex is something I desire but not in the traditional way. Without getting too graphic I prefer to relieve those urges with more benign methods.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 12:13 am

These are times when public acceptance of asexuality and other non-reproductive behaviour is maximized by excess population. Japan has very low rates of both marriage and birth, with many young people preferring artificial partners, and building robots for elder care.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Nov 2017, 1:01 am

A robot! Maybe that's the answer. I've seen that robot on ... uh ... I guess it's this screen because I don't have a TV. Anyway, they've got as far as inventing a credible receptionist, meaning she remains seated. Also she's a genius. She could teach me chess, violin, piano, and maybe writing? Egad! She could teach me manners! Let's make her look like my mother, who's been gone these twenty years.

Oh, think of the possibilities! All you young'uns, you can practice for your future, decide on your preferences, try all kinds of personalities for all kinds of relationships, learn about money, try out careers and even fine arts and martial arts.

And for elders like me - I could go anywhere! Last night, for example, when I fell on the sidewalk, my robot would have picked me up. That is a huge improvement, especially in the shower. A robot could be a Service Dog, erm, Service Robot - same functions but acceptable in restaurants etc. And she could figure out the tip.

She could do at least half the housework, I'm sure of it. Look how repetitive it is. Can she drag a broom back and forth? Oh, how elementary of me! The more advanced model will incorporate broom/vacuum functions and tools. While she recites Whitman.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 1:21 am

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."
- Bumpersticker

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 2:43 am

hellhole wrote:
Hi,

Because those with ASD's are asocial, it would make sense to think that these individuals would desire a romantic partner less than other folks.

People with ASD are not Asocial, well at least not ALL ASD people. i think its more fair to say that most autistics are introverted but even introverts are social some of the time, socializing is part of being human and anyone would go nuts by complete isolation (i think its fair to say we autistics would last longer on a desert island than any extrovert)

that being said it depends on the person, i personally know people all over the spectrum of all ages, some i know just would rather hang out with 1 person at a time and would rather not join into a group, i know some people who love groups of friends, and i know some who are very romantically starved and really just want a partner. and some who are fine just on their own,

personally i go through about 1 month a year where i would like to try to date but it never works out. right now at this moment im in a bit of a 'alone time' funk where only those in my immediate comfort zone are tolerable to socialize with for short periods of time. to me romance is still very confusing and i dont know what romantic love is suppose to feel like yet. same with sexual feelings, also dating is a LOT OF WORK and i just dont have the mental energy to deal with it right now.

so to sum it up. do i want a partner? ehhhh.... not at the moment, i did a few months ago for a few days, but the feeling faded pretty fast.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2017, 3:26 am

Definitely do not want a partner. I love being single. I won't even share my bed with my teddy bears - they sleep on the floor.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2017, 5:50 am

Well, I do have a partner, but I often wish that I didn't. Not because there's anything wrong with him, it just makes everything really complicated. Having to take another person into consideration in every detail of my life, and never being able to hold my routine because he's there interrupting all the time. I love him, but having him in my life stresses me out.
Now that we've moved apart things are better, but it still causes a lot of anxiety because he can't accept that I want to know when he comes over and how long he's going to stay. He just shows up unnoticed and leaves again whenever he feels like it. It's messing me up.

When this relationship ends (not planning on it, but statistically it will) I don't think I'll be looking for a new one.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2017, 6:51 am

I've had two long term relationships that ended in disaster, so enough is enough.

If I see anyone in future, it will be in small doses - for their benefit, and for mine.