Calvin and Hobbes Comics About Socially Awkward Kid

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 7:43 pm

^There's a similar one where the blonde haired guy decides he's had enough of living with his wife and becomes Tarzan--cut to Calvin walking away from Susie's place and going to find Hobbes in his underwear.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

DataB4, what do you mean by "can't see the graphics that are the stuff of comics." ? i mean you, for example, can't see the images in "your image of the day" thread?, or people in the videos, etc?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

^She's blind; that's why we describe the comics to the best of our abilities.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 11:09 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^There's a similar one where the blonde haired guy decides he's had enough of living with his wife and becomes Tarzan--cut to Calvin walking away from Susie's place and going to find Hobbes in his underwear.

LOL. Great description too.

AwkwardFacepalm, yes, I'm blind. My original post on this thread explains why we created it.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 1:28 pm

DataB4, sometimes i don't understand things quickly =) :) + english isn't my native language xD

guys i have never heard of calvin and hobbes comics, but i found this link. i guess it has both script and description. i am not sure if this is going to help? :

http://michaelyingling.com/random/calvi ... ase=calvin

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2017, 3:02 pm

^Wow you made my day! How on earth did you find that C&H treasure trove? :mrgreen:

Don't worry about not realizing I'm blind. It's easy to misunderstand or even to skip reading the original post.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2017, 12:39 am

you're welcome! :D :mrgreen:

well, i found this site:

http://michaelyingling.com/random/calvin_and_hobbes/

in the search bar i typed "calvin". maybe you'll get more specific results when you type certain words in the search box, for example i typed the word "school" and it gave me this result:

http://michaelyingling.com/random/calvi ... ase=school

you can notice they talk about "school" in every comic strip, and so on..

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 1:29 pm

There's many involving dinosaurs that I'll post hopefully sooner than later.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 1:12 pm

The "Playing House" comic was hilarious. It's basically an affectionate parody of the "serious" comic strips Bill Watterson, the creator of Calvin and Hobbes, read when he was young. There's another one like it that I personally enjoy:
In the "throw away" panels of the strip, the first panel shows a semi-realistically-drawn adult man, possibly in his 40's with blonde hair, wearing a white coat and wearing a stethoscope (he must be a doctor) around his neck. He is rubbing his chin and appears deep in thought as he mutters "Hmm..." In the next panel he says, "For *this* patient, I'm going to need more tongue depressors", as he holds one in his hand.
Then, it shows the doctor walking through the door to his office, where a woman, possibly in her 30's, is sitting down. She must be the patient he mentioned earlier. While the doctor looks very similar to the husband in the "Playing House" strip, the female patient looks a bit different from the wife of that same strip. She has short, straight brown hair, (similar to the "real" Susie Derkins), and is dressed in a black top with a blue-green jacket, and wears light brown, plaid-patterned pants, and red lipstick. The doctor says, "All right, what's wrong with you? Like I care." the woman tells him, "My foot hurts, doctor." The doc then grits his teeth in a sneer and says, "Your *foot* hurts?! What kind of a stupid problem is that?!" the woman looks angry as she replies, "You're the doctor, you're supposed to find out what's wrong with it." The doc grips his stethoscope tightly with both hands as he tells her, "It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." The woman looks shocked and exclaims, "A LOBOTOMY?! That's not what a REAL doctor would say!" The doc just says, "Yeah? Who's wearing the stethoscope, you or me? Here's a mallet. Do you want anesthesia?" The woman's eyes and mouth are wide-open with horror as the doc shows her a small rubber mallet, and she has her hands held up over her ears as if she can't believe what she's hearing, and cries out, "Wh- that's to test REFLEXES! Y-you don't know ANYTHING!" It then shows the good doctor snarling with one eye shut as he holds up his fist very close to her face as he growls, "How about a shot, then? Like a shot in the mouth!" The woman then points to her herself with her thumb as she tells him, "That does it! I know more about medicine than you! *I'll* be the doctor now!" The next panel shows these two seemingly grown-up people in full view, and the lady has gotten up from her chair, which is shown about to tip over, and she's kicking the gentleman in the shins with her foot. The doctor is hopping on one leg as he whines, "Ow! Ow! Quit kicking! See, THAT'S why your dumb foot hurts! Stop it!" The woman says as she continues to kick, "Say it! Say I'm the doctor!"

The next panel shows Calvin and Susie in their "true" forms, as two six-year old children, showing that they had been just pretending to be an adult doctor and patient all along. Calvin is flinging a small toy stethoscope at Susie and yells, "Okay, you're the doctor! But I'm not going to be any patient of *yours*! I'm leaving!"
Susie points at Calvin angrily as she holds her other hand up in a fist, yelling, "Fine! Good riddance! You ruin everything!" There is no background in this panel, but it's a safe assumption they are in either Calvin's house, or Susie's. Calvin is now sitting on a doorstep, wearing a jacket and his head resting in his hands. Hobbes is sitting next to him. With a sour face Calvin grumbles, "The surgeon general should issue a warning about playing with girls." Hobbes, with a big, toothy grin on his face as he sits up straight, says "*I'd* be Susie's patient!"

There's an even sillier comic similar to this one, where Susie is pretending to be the first female US president and Calvin is First Husband, which I may describe later.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 1:47 pm

Oh here's another winner! :mrgreen:

Calvin is on the phone. He is speaking with a very thick, very bad German(?) accent to the other person on the phone, his eyes looking upwards as he holds the receiver to the phone to his face:

"Allo, eez thees der pooblic lahboory? Yah? I em beeg eemportant rezearcher, oond I require eenglish voolgar zynonyms for disgstink body vunktions, yah? ...Allo? Allo?"

It then shows Calvin walking over to Hobbes. Hobbes asks, "No luck?", and Calvin replies "Those librarians are a sharp bunch."

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 1:50 pm

From these Calvin and Hobbes comic strips on here. Is there a website where I can read them for free? Because from what I read. This is a pretty good strip.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 1:51 pm

^^That reminds me of one where Calvin is in trouble [yet again], as his mum is yelling about some mess that he made, but he escapes to his room. When she comes up to get him she finds him wearing a Groucho Marx disguise [thick glasses and that infamous mustache], saying 'Hoo Ees Thees Kalveen?"

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 12:26 pm

Now I am going to describe the strip where Susie is president that I mentioned earlier:

An attractive-looking, semi-realistically drawn adult woman with wavy brown hair, wearing a white blouse or shirt with a pearl choker around her neck, a red jacket and a matching red skirt, shoes, and lipstick, is seated at a table with two lit candles and a vase with purple-ish flowers of some kind. The room, as much as there can be shown due to the limited space of comic strips, looks pretty fancy. There is a large multi-paned window with light purple drapes, the sky behind it is a dark blue-green color and the full moon is shown, implying it must be late evening. The woman is smiling with her eyes shut as she eats from a plate that has a brown, lumpy substance on it. She says "Mm, this dinner you fixed is delicious, honey. What is it? An adult man with blonde hair, a squarish-jawed face, wearing a brown suit and a striped neck tie, is slumped in his chair with his face resting on one hand. With a frazzled and annoyed expression, he tells the woman "It's dog food. And don't call me "honey"."

The woman is then shown standing up with one hand on the table, pointing at herself with the thumb on her other hand. She tells the man "You can't feed me dog food! I'm the president of the United States!" The man, still seated and with his arms crossed, sticks his tongue out at her (adding even more silliness to the supposedly serious, soap-opera-style tone of the strip), and says "No, you're the president of deluded fruit-cakes anonymous! Give me a break!"

The next panel shows them close up. The woman says to the man, "You're just mad because you're the 'first husband', and you have to vacuum the White House all day!" The man's face is mostly shadowy and dark, as if to match his anger and disgust, and his teeth are clenched. He yells, "I DO NOT! In fact, I'm not your husband at all!"

The next panel shows the woman looking angry as her "husband" smiles and pulls his shirt and jacket open, revealing his bare and rather well-shaped chest. The woman cries out, "What are you doing?! stop being such a little weirdo!" the man says, "Me Wonga-Taa, king of jungle!" The woman is now doing a traditional facepalm with her other hand resting on her hip. "Oh, nice underpants! You're really gross!" She says snarkily. The man, now wearing nothing but a leopard-print pair of underwear, is shown running off, saying "Me off to jungle! Find tiger friend! Live with animals!" As the man is shown swinging on a vine into the darkness, the woman calls to him with her hand up to her face, "I can run the country better without you! Good riddance, you moron!" The man calls back to her, "It take one to know one!"

The final panel shows Calvin the way he looks in "real" life through a window as he and Hobbes are walking back to their house. Calvin, wearing nothing but his underwear, says to Hobbes, "Boy, am I glad to see you. Playing with Susie is a big waste of time. You won't believe the junk she can imagine." Hobbes says "Nice underpants." he is smiling, so he must mean it as a compliment. Meanwhile, Calvin's mom is shown inside the house, holding a phone receiver to her ear. She has her back turned away from the window and doesn't see or hear their conversation. She wears a shocked expression as she says, possibly to Susie's mother on the phone, "What do you mean Calvin left his clothes with Susie??"

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 4:58 pm

^That one of my favourites. :lol: 8)