Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 7:24 pm

I'm now playing Pokemon Moon! I chose Popplio, because Primarina is so lovely. It's rather funny that in my first Pokemon game [Pearl], I chose Piplup, and now roughly nine-ish years later, I chose Popplio.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 10:27 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I've been playing Rune Factory 4 again, but I'm mainly waiting for the Emery Flower I planted to grow--it takes around 90 in game days to grow or something ridiculous like that! Even with super grow formula it's still taking awhile.
I now have the urge to play Final Fantasy VII again before the remake comes out. FFVII is one of my absolute favourites, and I'm so looking forward to the remake! :cheers: [I actually love the Advent Children Complete movie, but only in Japanese.] I even made a Tifa Lockheart costume one year from scratch.

I'd recommend skyrim, but I don't think you have the nesascery requirements, to run it. Skyrim is my second favorite game aside from pokemon!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 11:35 am

^Skyrim isn't my type of game. I'll stick to Nintendo, Game Freak, and Square Enix.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2017, 6:24 pm

Games I Want To Play: Super Metroid, Earthbound, ICO, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth [?], Digimon Adventure PSP, Pandora’s Tower [?]

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2017, 9:02 pm

I've been debating about trading my Wii for a Wii U, if only to play the new Smash Bros; or for a PS4, if only to play Final Fantasy X and the Final Fantasy VII remake.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 1:31 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I can't play Super Metroid since I don't have a super deluxe 3DS, just the old one. I am severely irritated by that. :x I tried playing Link's Awakening, but I got stuck so much that I just gave up. [I have a habit of doing that...]

I remember the old Game Boy version of Link's Awakening had a dungeon where if you got keys and used them in the wrong order, you would be stuck and unable to progress. I remember getting screwed by that once when I was a kid. :x

I wonder if the newer versions still have the same bug.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 1:38 am

dcj123 wrote:
What are you stuck on?

I am doing Link's Awakening on my PSP as a THIEF lol

You need tips, I got tips.

You mean if you go back in that guy's shop he'll zap you to death for stealing? :D

I remember that. LOL.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 1:47 am

^ even the wind fish himself would call you THIEF.

beneficii wrote:
I remember the old Game Boy version of Link's Awakening had a dungeon where if you got keys and used them in the wrong order, you would be stuck and unable to progress. I remember getting screwed by that once when I was a kid. :x

I wonder if the newer versions still have the same bug.

nah, i think they fixed in the DX (color) version. that's the one i played.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2017, 3:02 am

Hm, considering that you're already playing the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, why not try some of the other Mystery Dungeon games? Or similar ones... there are quite a number of games like these on the 3DS and DS for whatever reason (I have no idea why).

The Pokemon ones came into the series pretty late... Mystery Dungeon itself has been going for a LONG time. Well over 2 decades.

Shiren the Wanderer is a great one to start with, often considered a classic.

You have to think a bit more strategically with that (and most of that genre) than with Pokemon, but it's still pretty approachable. I've always considered that series to be a really nice entry point into the genre.

It's on Nintendo's systems, and has a very Japanese style to it (of course). The developer is Chunsoft, same guys that develop the Pokemon ones, and one of my own favorite developers, period. They make superb games of this type.

Also the Izuna games are great, again very similar to this style.

The general "style" of pretty much all of these actually is the sort of thing you expect on a Nintendo handheld.

And you're not alone on the Skyrim bit... I'm not a fan of it either.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 7:52 pm

^Oh, that's interesting! I didn't know much about the other Mystery Dungeon games. :o

Very soon I will be playing Fire Emblem Birthright, Fire Emblem Conquest, Fire Emblem Revelation, and Tales of The Abyss.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 8:28 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^Oh, that's interesting! I didn't know much about the other Mystery Dungeon games. :o

Very soon I will be playing Fire Emblem Birthright, Fire Emblem Conquest, Fire Emblem Revelation, and Tales of The Abyss.

Aye, I dont think they're known all that well outside of Japan. Though many of them did make it to other countries, it's mostly the Pokemon ones that are well known (for obvious reasons).

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2017, 8:29 pm

I read somewhere that the original Shiren the Wanderer had only one checkpoint--one at the beginning of the game. 8O

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 1:44 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I read somewhere that the original Shiren the Wanderer had only one checkpoint--one at the beginning of the game. 8O

Usually, that genre (normally called "roguelikes") doesnt have checkpoints at all. Most games of that type (of which there are ALOT) use permadeath. You die, that's it: you lose EVERYTHING. Nothing remains, you start over. Though some games have things you can unlock (which may then appear in later runs), and unlocks always stick around (but you never know when/if you'll encounter the item or whatever that you've unlocked, since a new run is random every time), but that's it. Usually, outside of the unlocks (typically saved in a seperate file), you cant use normal saves, either. You can save and exit the game, but when you reload, the save then deletes itself. If you screw something up, you cant just reload back to an earlier point... you're stuck with it.

Console games of this genre though like Shiren or whatever tend not to go for full permadeath, and also tend to allow "normal" saving. Most of the "mean" roguelikes are on PC. Though there are exceptions.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2017, 11:09 am

^Yikes! That's...wow. I don't think I would enjoy those ultra hard games.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 5:32 pm

I played through Fire Emblem Conquest, but now I'm stuck on Tales of The Abyss. :x I might have to restart completely. Grr.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

I made it through the boss, but I'm taking a break from gaming to work on my stories.