Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 12:05 pm

Trump just admitted President Obama is American born, and not a Kenyan. He has claimed Clinton had started birtherism, but that he had finished it. He never once addressed how his whole political career began with the deplorable, clearly racist cesspool of lies meant to delegitimize Barack Obama's Presidency.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 4:00 pm

There are some very pissed off Trump supporters right about now. To a certain group of supporters the central narratives is non americans or coddling non Americans has messed it up for real Americans like themselves. Now Trump is saying a real American screwed them up. Must be confusing not only is thier non American narrative destroyed but there he speaks the truth narrative. Hard to keep the latter narritive when Trump out Clinton's the Clintons in flip floping based on polling.

Of course what Trump is doing is reading the polls that say Obama is more popular now than at any time since he was first elected and more popular then most if not any President leaving office. Of course a lot of Obama's popularity is that anybody in office now will look like a great president compared to his successor.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Sep 2016, 8:49 am

Liberals and the media cared more about 'birtherism' than anybody else

now birther stuff can be hanged around Hillary's neck as it originated with her campaign in 2008

Trump shut the door now for this stupid question which would of assuredly been asked in the debates before any relevant topic

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 9:22 am

According to Snopes and FactCheck.org, the claim that Clinton started the "birther" movement is absolutely false.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 9:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump just admitted President Obama is American born, and not a Kenyan. He has claimed Clinton had started birtherism, but that he had finished it. He never once addressed how his whole political career began with the deplorable, clearly racist cesspool of lies meant to delegitimize Barack Obama's Presidency.

Trump's opinions are transitory.

So, an hour later, a week later, or 3 months from now, he may say President Obama was not born in the US.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 9:42 am

VegetableMan wrote:
According to Snopes and FactCheck.org, the claim that Clinton started the "birther" movement is absolutely false.

'Snopes' and 'Factcheck.org' are not credible websites to debunking anything

you know they actually still have articles online from 2008?

http://www.politico.com/story/2008/02/o ... oto-008667

Hillary campaign manager from 2008 admits it came from them

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... r-connect/

like I said, it is the media and liberals that obsess about this more than anyone else

anything to take the focus off relevant issues

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:01 am

A "rogue" staffer started the rumor that was circulated via email. She was promptly sacked once the Clinton campaign caught onto it. That doesn't support Trump's claim that "Clinton started birtherism.

I fail to understand why archived articles from Snopes is somehow proof that the source is not trustworthy. You can find articles on most sites that are older than eight years.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:08 am

Yeah a 'rogue' staffer sent that email

just like a 'rogue' staffer deleted her emails

The Clinton's 100% rose the spector of racism in 2008 as Hillary had no chance at winning the black or minority vote in the Democratic primary so she made a huge play for the same voters she is no calling 'deplorable'

Remember Bill's comments comparing Obama to Jesse Jackson

also the whole 'hard working Americans' thing

most people's memories don't go back far enough for 2012 let alone 2008 but I remember

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:20 am

I'm merely quoting the source you supplied to back up Trump's claim. Let's try to stay on the ground, here. You're veering off into the land of conjecture and conspiracy theories. This is where you tend to go of the beam, and lose credibility in debate.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:31 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I'm merely quoting the source you supplied to back up Trump's claim. Let's try to stay on the ground, here. You're veering off into the land of conjecture and conspiracy theories. This is where you tend to go of the beam, and lose credibility in debate.

I don't think I need you telling me about how to keep credibility in a debate, petulant ranting about your perceived enemies is not good discourse.

Hillary most definitely propagated the 'birther' theory in 2008, she was a completely different candidate back then as she molds her positions for where she thinks the votes are.

Next your going to tell me she's always been against the Iraq War and for gay marriage when it was exactly the opposite. :lol:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/journali ... mor-to-me/

Quote:
@jimasher

#CNN says #Hillary team in 2008 never raised #birther issue. #SidBlumenthal, long-time #HRC buddy, told me in person #Obama born in #kenya

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:40 am

If you could bring me some solid evidence that Hillary started the "birther" nonsense -- you know, like a speech from the 2008 campaign -- I'd be happy to concede that Trump is 100% correct. I don't really give a s**t either way. And yes, Clinton voted in favor of the Iraq war, and only supported gay marriage when it became fashionable. As I've stated before, I am not a Hillary supporter.

If you want to continue to discuss the facts as we know them, feel free. But please omit all opinion and conjecture that has no basis in the facts Thank you in advance!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:47 am

VegetableMan wrote:
If you could bring me some solid evidence that Hillary started the "birther" nonsense -- you know, like a speech from the 2008 campaign -- I'd be happy to concede that Trump is 100% correct. I don't really give a s**t either way. I'm not a Clinton supporter.

If you want to continue to discuss the facts as we know them, feel free. But please omit all opinion and conjecture that has no basis in the facts Thank you in advance!

Well clearly you are a Clinton supporter or else you wouldn't feel the need to defend her but where do you think it started? Some people are trying to pin it on some state senate race from even before Obama became US Senator but that doesn't make a lot of sense really. The Hillary campaign also were the ones that pushed the Jeremiah Wright controversy, the clinging to god and guns controversy, plus the scandal with Tony Rezko. Hillary was playing to win in 2008 no doubt about it, that's why the field was cleared for her in 2016 because she agreed to step aside so Obama could be president. It's been put to rest now, do you want to keep beating this dead horse?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:48 am

VegetableMan wrote:
If you could bring me some solid evidence that Hillary started the "birther" nonsense -- you know, like a speech from the 2008 campaign -- I'd be happy to concede that Trump is 100% correct. I don't really give a s**t either way. And yes, Clinton voted in favor of the Iraq war, and only supported gay marriage when it became fashionable. As I've stated before, I am not a Hillary supporter.

Who's your ideal candidate?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 10:59 am

Ahh, I knew that was coming! I must clearly be a Hillary supporter because I'm defending her. I'm going to try to put this as simply as possible so you'll understand. I'm only debunking misinformation.

Trump knows full-well that he is lying – or at least stretching the truth. Politicians are very adept at knowing just how far they can step over that line between fact and fiction, without damaging their credibility with their programmed supporters.

Yes, we can "put this to rest," unless you have something to add that supports Trump's claim.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 11:04 am

Tim_Tex, my ideal candidate is someone who is not in bed with big business, has a long record of fighting corruption, and who isn't afraid to take on the corporate elite. Bernie Sanders came the closest to embodying those ideals, but he didn't have a chance in hell.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 11:19 am

By the way, Kraichgauer, I'm going to have that Bruce Springsteen song stuck in my head all day, thanks to your thread title! It's a decent song, but I don't really want it playing on and endless loop!

Oscar Meyer Lansky