Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 8:36 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
AspE wrote:
I always thought 6 million only applied to the Jews. Most non-combat victims of the Nazis weren't even sent to camps, they were forcibly starved in their own countries.

No.

Six million Jews died in the camps.

On top of that another five million non Jews died in the camps. Those being political prisoners, Gypsies, trade unionists, the handicapped, etc etc..

Thus eleven million where murdered: just in the camps.

Then on top of that were the victims of the European theater of War at large:Fifteen million soldiers, and 20 million civilians. Thats where what you're talking about kicks in (civilians not sent to camps who died in the occupied countries of starvation or however).

Lest it be forgotten, the very first people sent to concentration camps were the Nazi's political enemies, as well as gays, and anyone else considered to be unfit in Germany for the thousand year Reich.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 8:40 pm

The Israeli government is a good example of someone who's forgotten the holocaust via their policies regarding palestinians...As for the various groups of Islamic terrorists I don't think they really give any sh*ts about the holocaust.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 8:42 pm

AspE wrote:
I always thought 6 million only applied to the Jews. Most non-combat victims of the Nazis weren't even sent to camps, they were forcibly starved in their own countries.

It was 6 million jews, but I think like 10 or 11 million people were killed in the holocaust, so there were plenty of victims that weren't jews...political dissenters also got sent to concentration camps...also various disabled people.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 9:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspE wrote:

It was 6 million jews, but I think like 10 or 11 million people were killed in the holocaust, so there were plenty of victims that weren't jews...political dissenters also got sent to concentration camps...also various disabled people.

And that hatred of the disabled continues among Neo-Nazis today. I recall an interview years ago with a guy who had dropped out of the Aryan Nations here in the Northwest. He had recalled when his son was getting surgery for a cleft palate, a fellow white supremacist told him, "You know he'll have to be euthanized, don't you?" That was more than enough for him to see how insane his friends were.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 6:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspE wrote:

No s**t. I never implied that the Jews were the only victims. I'm saying that I thought it was common knowledge that the number 6 million only applied to the Jewish victims and that the other victims also numbered in the millions, in addition to that.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2016, 6:22 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
The Israeli government is a good example of someone who's forgotten the holocaust via their policies regarding palestinians...As for the various groups of Islamic terrorists I don't think they really give any sh*ts about the holocaust.

In their defense I think the lesson they learned was not to be a victim any more.