Nose Ring Or No Nose Ring - The Nose Doesn't Know

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:37 pm

Howdy! I have been wanting to get my nose pierced for a long time. Can anyone tell me if there are any negatives - any infections you have had?

How is it during a really bad cold or allergy blowing your nose?

How long to heal?

Does it matter what side of your nose gets pierced? With ears, a long time ago whichever side you pierced told if you were straight or gay - is that the same?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:43 pm

Well I had my ear pierced. The piercing itself was painless, but my earlobe was pretty sore for a week or two.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:52 pm

You answers depends on what kinda of nose piercing you want, having the sides or the center done? Sides I can't comment on so much but a septum will hurt like hell, not be fun during colds and you will cry like a baby when they do it cause everyone does they told me. You got to be into body mods pretty hard core to get a septum piercing. As for infection, they are rare if you follow the instructions they give you. The only part of the instructions I disagree with is not ever using hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is awesome for infections but it does slow down healing and is best avoided. I have had healthy piercings and nursed piercings back to health with hydrogen peroxide. However there is a reason they say not to use hydrogen peroxide, it will almost never heal with it but you can have an infection on the surface and you can clean it to health and then let it heal. I am guessing you want sides done since you ask what side and I don't have much experience with those. However, I have general piercing knowledge though if you have a direct question. I can say though that no piercing reflects your sexuality. There is no correlation between sticking something through your skin and who you sleep with. People would have to be pretty out there to come to that conclusion.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 7:42 pm

I had my nose pierced. I got it in the cold winter and I got sick afterwards and it got infected. I wasn't super serious about getting it done so I wasn't too disappointed but I cleaned it like they told me to.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:43 pm

Isn't it about time? :mrgreen:

Thursday is the day......

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:45 pm

No thanks... But I seen plenty of people with it, I see no apparent problems. It seems common, so probably not much of an issue vs tongue piercings.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:49 pm

Work isn't holding me back anymore. There are so many nurses with nose piercings now, that it's almost commonplace. One aide just got her nipples pierced. Nope. Definitely not for me. :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:59 pm

I got my ears pierced when I was 14. But I had a problem with the daily sterilizing and rotating the studs in my earlobes, and in the summer I had to take them out when getting ear surgery, and the holes were so small I had trouble inserting new earrings and had bleeding and infection and stuff. I guess I wasn't mature enough yet to look after them. So I gave up on wearing pierced earrings. Sometimes I've worn clip-ons but they'd pinch and hurt and were a lot more painful than piercing them.

I really can't figure why people would want their nose or tongue pierced, it sounds really gross. I once saw someone on TV who got a tongue piercing, and they said every time they swallowed it felt like they were going to swallow the stud, and even though they were gargling with Listerine their tongue was swollen and painful and they had hardly eaten anything and were pretty hungry. Niiiice. :roll:

But if you want to get such things done, it's your decision.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:45 pm

I like to have something "different", but not in a big way. That's why I want a nice clean diamond stud. A nose ring is too much - I prob would have done the ring if I was younger. If I don't like it, it can be removed. I would never do a tongue piercing, or cartilage piercing - those can get pretty infected. Tattoos are also permanent - so I won't do those. Sometimes, I just like being different from everyone else. I may find that with my allergies it's a pain in the ass and want it removed. I had pierced my ears several times and they have all grown back in.

Wanting my nose pierced may also be psychological - I wasn't able to pierce my ears until I was 18 and on my 18th Bday - I went hogwild. :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:23 pm

If you're piercing through cartilage, be aware that you may develop bumps.
I experienced this with my helix piercing.
Also, I would recommend not fiddling with the piercing.
You don't have to turn cartilage piercings like you do with lobe piercings.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:04 pm

Are you talking outer nostril ring (like Janet Jackson).

Or the septum of the nose (like a farm animal, or a New Guinea tribesman)?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:13 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

I had one of these once, but it interfered with the signals from my cortical implant, so I had to take it out.

There Are Four Lights!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2017, 7:39 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I got my ears pierced when I was 14. But I had a problem with the daily sterilizing and rotating the studs in my earlobes, and in the summer I had to take them out when getting ear surgery, and the holes were so small I had trouble inserting new earrings and had bleeding and infection and stuff. I guess I wasn't mature enough yet to look after them. So I gave up on wearing pierced earrings. Sometimes I've worn clip-ons but they'd pinch and hurt and were a lot more painful than piercing them.

I really can't figure why people would want their nose or tongue pierced, it sounds really gross. I once saw someone on TV who got a tongue piercing, and they said every time they swallowed it felt like they were going to swallow the stud, and even though they were gargling with Listerine their tongue was swollen and painful and they had hardly eaten anything and were pretty hungry. Niiiice. :roll:

But if you want to get such things done, it's your decision.
Some people get tongue piercings for giving oral sex better. I also heard it used to be a sign that women were lesbians.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 7:50 pm

Darmok wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I had one of these once, but it interfered with the signals from my cortical implant, so I had to take it out.

That's it! That's what I want! :mrgreen:

Darn, I flunked.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 9:37 pm

I had a nose ring once, along with a bunch of other stuff pierced over the years, but piercingly never take with me. I have two stretches in my ears and even that is hard enough to keep healthy.
For me a nose ring did get badly infected, and started to look so horrible like that I had to take it out. But that is a personal thing I think - some people's bodies tolerate piercingly ok and others don't. Might be useful to see how your ears responded to know how your nose might go.
I would also recommend getting your nose done properly with a needle, not an ear piercing gun. That can often mean the difference between a piercing taking or not. Guns cause trauma to the tissue plus are notoriously unhygienic and can lead to infections developing.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 9:45 pm

I can understand the whole "edgy" type of deal with piercings, but a nose piercing will introduce health problems, so no nose ring in my opinion. Piercings can really make you look mean and fit in with the crowds of people without jobs and homes to remind you too, besides the famous metal singers. That's my opinion again, and if "edgy" is your thing, I have no control over you. The "edgy" attitude with giving people middle fingers and telling them to go **** off is another thing I don't like. Adding to that is the "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" attitude. People with piercings look like criminals too to me.

This is also my own personal view on piercings generally.

Last edited by ZachGoodwin on 23 May 2017, 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.